ADVERTISEMENT

This can be greatest sports year since 1976!

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
If we make a bowl, and what a sports year it is in 2021 for rutgers. This would be the greatest sports year in forever!! Making the mens basketball tournament, winning a game and football making a bowl out of the BIG . That combo doesn’t happen often around here . And yes , i am not factoring in other sports - because most of us don’t care.

If we make a bowl, and what a sports year it is in 2021 for rutgers. This would be the greatest sports year in forever!! Making the mens basketball tournament, winning a game and football making a bowl out of the BIG . That combo doesn’t happen often around here . And yes , i am not factoring in other sports - because most of us don’t care.

Soccer and Field Hockey on verge of Final Fours too

We found the Mush

Reactions: Section124
It’s interesting, I was a freshman at RU in the fall of 1976. Was very much aware of the basketball final four team in the prior spring. However, beyond that, there really was not widespread awareness of other sport achievements. Even with an undefeated football team, I didn’t get the impression that football was a big deal. I went to 2 football games that fall but on a Saturday In the fall then, you would not know there was a football game on campus.

Reactions: rutger80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT