ADVERTISEMENT

This collapse could be epic

Anyone that saw our second half B1G schedule knew it would be tough.

If we don’t make the tournament, this will be an epic collapse . Something this group and pike may never recover from. The pressure will be too great next season . And if you’re not gonna make the tournament in year 5, than when are you gonna make it ?
Bannon’s team collapsed in 99 and he was fired 2 years later. Waters collapsed in 04 and we was fired 2 years later .
Basically just get this done now and don’t collapse . Make the tournament and make us proud
BS

Reactions: RUonBrain
We have way too many Negative Nellies. Before the season we were picked 12th in league and many posters said we wouldn't even win 5 BIG games. Others said we would not be nearly as good because we lost Eugene. I live & die with this team and have for 49 years since 1971. If we do make the NCAA I will find it hard to believe that there will be very many people as happy as I will be. I have lived through a lot of heartbreak and just love this team. I attend practice twice a week and I see how hard everyone on the team and the coaches and managers all work. I cannot wait for tomorrow afternoon.

Almost this entire team will be back next year, they are young and and will be hungry for more, not "defeated". Have you not noticed how much more fun a good Rutgers made B10 Basketball this year, and all the accolades from other Coaches and BTN announcers? The players are all smart and seem like good guys at heart, I enjoy their interviews. This has been FUN after a long, long time, which makes this team one of my all time favorites. They have surpassed their expectations so I think words like collapse are an insult to this never give up team. This year was an epic climb.

Last edited:
If we don’t make the tournament, this will be an epic collapse . Something this group and pike may never recover from. The pressure will be too great next season . And if you’re not gonna make the tournament in year 5, than when are you gonna make it ?
Bannon’s team collapsed in 99 and he was fired 2 years later. Waters collapsed in 04 and we was fired 2 years later .
Basically just get this done now and don’t collapse . Make the tournament and make us proud
Unbelievable that you would post this. Some thoughts are better kept to yourself or your therapist.

Almost this entire team will be back next year, they are young and and will be hungry for more, not "defeated". Have you not noticed how much more fun a good Rutgers made B10 Basketball this year, and all the accolades from other Coaches and BTN announcers? The players are all smart and seem like good guys at heart, I enjoy their interviews. This has been FUN after a long, long time, which makes this team one of my all time favorites. They have surpassed their expectations so I think words like collapse are an insult to this never give up team. This year was an epic climb.
One of my favorite teams too. And I go back to the mid Sixties. This team is starting four sophomores and looks to be even better next year.

I believe that we are going to beat ILL and Mich. I also believe that we can beat MD at home. I also believe that will win one of our road games before the end of the season. IMO it’s just as likely that we win four more games as it is that we don’t. I also think that it’s more likely we win four more games than it is that we lose the remainder.

If you go by what you’ve seen through 25 games his season, as a full body of work, not sure why anyone would believe that we’ll lose all of our remaining games. That’s being ultra negative.

I am surprised at the venom spewed here. It’s a message board and predictions and forecasts are part of this. I hope we win out . But the fact is we lost 3 of 4 and needed a huge comeback for the win we had, which was against the worst team in the league.
But we have a game today and it’s a great opportunity. Just win baby

Why worry? It’s pretty much out of your control. It’s up to these kids to play better ball and make their shots in these last 6 games. Not you. All you can do is cheer at the home games. So stop worrying

Reactions: 216 Row E
Plum has always been a negative Nancy... got to love those Loyal Rutgers message board fans who totally
out of touch... what was Plums prediction before the season began ? Do everyone a favor Plum and just go back into your cave man.
He has been on Pike's case from pretty much day 1. He has never been a supporter of him, I'm not sure why.

He has been on Pike's case from pretty much day 1. He has never been a supporter of him, I'm not sure why.

I support pike. I always said the jury is still out and it is.
As far as being a negative Nancy , I would say I Am positivity plum, but also realistic . I don’t wear scarlet colored glasses . I hope we win today and don’t collapse and someone bumps this thread to rub my nose in it. I would have no problem with that

I am surprised at the venom spewed here. It’s a message board and predictions and forecasts are part of this. I hope we win out . But the fact is we lost 3 of 4 and needed a huge comeback for the win we had, which was against the worst team in the league.
Stop. You knew exactly what you would get back with that post.

You are surprised that one of the worst posts in the history of this board is met with disgust? Interesting.

I support pike. I always said the jury is still out and it is.
As far as being a negative Nancy , I would say I Am positivity plum, but also realistic . I don’t wear scarlet colored glasses . I hope we win today and don’t collapse and someone bumps this thread to rub my nose in it. I would have no problem with that
"positivity plum"? You sure we are talking about the same guy?

Plum has always been a negative Nancy... got to love those Loyal Rutgers message board fans who totally
out of touch... what was Plums prediction before the season began ? Do everyone a favor Plum and just go back into your cave man.

Exactly, How come he didnt dust that old Pike bashing thread out instead now that we are decent in conference? The one talking about how pathetic our conference win total was. Some people just like to cause negative drama. Wonder if he's just not getting enough attention in real life.

Not rooting for it. But saying it’s a possibility and gave the facts about other collapses in our history
You felt strongly enough to start a thread like this. There are so many possibilities but many don’t start threads like this. I will agree with previous poster, you are a Drama Queen.

I am surprised at this bac. You are usually a voice of reason and objectivity here . How can you say collapsing is not even a possibility?
Being a voice of reason is different then posting a negative possibility thread. There is a possibility we win out, there is a possibility that we win all home games, there is a possibility that we make some noise in the B1G tournament. Don’t hide behind the “voice of reason” nonsense. It is your choice how to spin this

You felt strongly enough to start a thread like this. There are so many possibilities but many don’t start threads like this. I will agree with previous poster, you are a Drama Queen.

Yeah, but it’s hard to disagree with me since I have gone out on a limb many times on this board and have been proven right . Calling flood a dud in 2012 saying ash will get us smashed the day he was hired .
Remember those ?
I took similar heat when I predicted those things . I have a strong enough body of work and accuracy on this board that I shouldn’t be met with hostility . Because you know there is a chance that I may be right - again! It’s sports and predictions and projections are part of this . Now I don’t predict a collapse, but I do realize an epic one is a possibility

Relax, paranoia setting in. Although still need to win a road game.

Reactions: Plum Street
Yeah, but it’s hard to disagree with me since I have gone out on a limb many times on this board and have been proven right . Calling flood a dud in 2012 saying ash will get us smashed the day he was hired .
Remember those ?
I took similar heat when I predicted those things . I have a strong enough body of work and accuracy on this board that I shouldn’t be met with hostility . Because you know there is a chance that I may be right - again! It’s sports and predictions and projections are part of this . Now I don’t predict a collapse, but I do realize an epic one is a possibility
Totally missing the point. Anyone can make predictions, you are basically making a doomsday prediction by choice. Could you be right, of course, could you be terribly wrong, absolutely. Pike and the team have more than exceeded expectations. Most of us would rather concentrate on that and let the last remaining games play out while rooting for the best.

Last edited:
Totally missing the point. Anyone can make predictions, you are basically making a doomsday prediction by choice. Could you be right, of course, could you be terribly wrong, absolutely. Pike and the team as more than exceeded expectations. Most of us would rather concentrate on that and let the last remaining games play out while rooting for the best.

True . I see your point . Predicting or posting something here won’t affect won’t happen.
It’s time today to take care of business and get the w

Remember those ?

So are you predicting a collapse or not? If RU collapses, you can't claim this in the future unless you confirm....as you are flip flopping positions in this thread.

Reactions: RuBird
So are you predicting a collapse or not? If RU collapses, you can't claim this in the future unless you confirm....as you are flip flopping positions in this thread.

Not predicting it .
But predicting/saying if a collapse does happen it will be in epic fashion.

We will not be going through this......
giphy.gif

So soft......lol

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT