ADVERTISEMENT

Three Years In A Row to The NCAAs !!!

Y5tre.png
did you post this pic because I just completely murdered your point you were trying to make?

Hey did we qualify for the gator bowl? In your world yes, and yet somehow not the ncaas in 2020.
Remarkable mental gymnastics there sir
Yes, technically? You think it’s mental gymnastics to refer to the thing that actually happened as having happened and the thing that didn’t as not?

Look, I’m not ****ing stupid enough to change my opinion of a team or coach because their tournament got cancelled or they got fluke invited to a bowl, but I’m not going to deny that those are things that happened.
No but they are referred to as that. And you didn’t challenge that they aren’t in the brackets yet because they aren’t. It’s dumb posts like the one that started this thread that creates these unnecessary come-back-to-reality discussions.
The first four games are part of the tournament. I don’t give a **** what people colloquially refer to them as. Saying the first four isn’t part of the tournament is just as much a fantasy as pretending Selection Sunday 2020 actually happened.

Reactions: The RUT
Honestly its a foolish thread that is taking away from the one thing that matters. We just qualified for the 2022 tournamnet.

Ok and we were selected for the 2020 tournament?
Except we weren’t lol. That’s the entire point.

Some people say our resume was a lock, so they count it.

Others are saying yes our resume was a lock, but selection Sunday never took place so we can’t claim the bid.

Notice today when we got selected they said “Rutgers for the first time since… earns a bid in back to back years”

Except we weren’t lol. That’s the entire point.

Some people say our resume was a lock, so they count it.

Others are saying yes our resume was a lock, but selection Sunday never took place so we can’t claim the bid.

Notice today when we got selected they said “Rutgers for the first time since… earns a bid in back to back years”

Well, Ian O'Connor from the Post sees it the way most of us do, i.e., that we would've been in the Dance 3 straight years if not for the pandemic and he mentioned it, i.e., it's not just something RU fans say. And yes, our resume was a lock. The fact that you keep arguing in a way to diminish a great RU accomplishment (we all know the tourney was cancelled, but we can still celebrate that we were a lock to be in it) says a lot about your small-minded, petty character.

After leading the Scarlet Knights to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 30 years, and to their first NCAA victory in nearly four decades, Pikiell just put them in the NCAAs in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1976, when they reached the Final Four with an unbeaten record. Only the pandemic stopped Pikiell from becoming the first Rutgers coach ever to advance to The Dance three straight years.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/13/rutgers-is-in-ncaa-tournament-gets-spot-in-first-four/

This is why the ncaa sjould have announced a field in 2020. It would have given everyone involved something to be proud of.

I suspect that if the guy who keeps writing that we were in the tournament three straight years put it the way that O'Connor did, we wouldn't have this lengthy thread. Every time he writes it, it reads like a desparate Stuart Smalley speech into a mirror. And he makes RU sound needy and desperate, or at least its fans, or at least one of them.

it’s just incredibly poor logic and reasoning skills. No explanation. If they want to qualify with 3 years in a row of NCAA tournament worthy teams maybe that will appease them. Whether or not there was a tournament in 2020 is not the point

Has nothing to do with others. The OP is purposely avoiding the excellent wording you provided.
As said above, he's posted 100 times that Rutgers MADE the 2020 tournament.
It's the OP trolling - not the people responding.

I even said in the Pike Extension thread: he deserved an extension because of 3 "tournament worthy" teams in a row. Even if we were left out this year, he still has the team solidly in the conversation 3 years in a row.

Reactions: newell138
Well, Ian O'Connor from the Post sees it the way most of us do, i.e., that we would've been in the Dance 3 straight years if not for the pandemic and he mentioned it, i.e., it's not just something RU fans say. And yes, our resume was a lock. The fact that you keep arguing in a way to diminish a great RU accomplishment (we all know the tourney was cancelled, but we can still celebrate that we were a lock to be in it) says a lot about your small-minded, petty character.

After leading the Scarlet Knights to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 30 years, and to their first NCAA victory in nearly four decades, Pikiell just put them in the NCAAs in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1976, when they reached the Final Four with an unbeaten record. Only the pandemic stopped Pikiell from becoming the first Rutgers coach ever to advance to The Dance three straight years.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/13/rutgers-is-in-ncaa-tournament-gets-spot-in-first-four/
By your own logic this guy is small minded and petty!

Using OP logic the mets qualified for the 1994 World Series

we have this same thread now 2 years running

we were tournament worthy but there was no tournament so it’s not 3 years it’s 2
actually the Yankees had the best record in the American League at the time of the strike in 1994, so they won the pennant that year

Let’s create a scenario here.

You get offered a new job and title by a new company.

You tell your boss you’re leaving for this new opportunity.

Boss says we’d love to keep you, but it seems you already made up your mind.

Do you tell your friends and family that your old position would have given you a raise if you wanted it? Or do you just take it for what it is and move on.

You can claim whatever you want dude, the simple fact is that it literally never happened. It has nothing to do with someone’s character.

You guys are super weird about this, no one is knocking the accomplishments of that team or the success they had that year. You guys take this crap way too personal.

Here’s a fact, and it’s an indisputable one: Rutgers has not missed an NCAA tournament in 3 years. Put another way, they have not been excluded from a tournament in 3 years.

You can't go to an event that didn't occur. We had a NCAA team that year but there was no tournament.
We are in the NCAA tournament two years in a row. If there was a Selection Sunday in 2020 and we were chosen and then the tournament was cancelled I'd say yes three years in a row.

Hopefully this will be a moot subject in a few years as we start to go to the tourney every year.

We have had 3 teams consecutively who would or have made the NCAA tournament . Officially the last 2 years and in 2020 a very good chance. Why do RU fans create this type of story line . And I’ve been an RU fan and multiple season ticket holder and donor to the programs way before many on here knew about Rutgers. 15 years from now will we say, “ well we have gone to 12 of the past 18 but if we count 2020.” Nobody went to an NCAA tourney game in 2020. Not being negative but just looking at it in it’s true reality.

Team roster is completely different this season without the pandemic. Likely isn't 3 years in a row without the Covid redshirt years
This is a really good point I hadn't really considered.

But, it's a better story for Rutgers if we sweep that under the carpet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT