ADVERTISEMENT

Tirek-Cave and Chris Long bubye

Just reading between the lines, I believe Long was not a take after Robinson committed (They always said 1 WR this class). Dude was all ready to commit, then Robinson did, then he stated he was going to take longer. Quick commit to Temple and to top it off to play D, which he stated he wasn't really into. I could be wrong, just a guess.

Always have loved some poster's rationalizations. RU isnt beyond turning any State talent away and Long is one of your best prospects. With the exception of Temple's last 2 years w Geoff Collins, the Owls were cleaning up in Jersey. Now that Fran Brown is back at Temple, hopefully permanently, expect a return to the same. You might keep your girlfriends further than a text, call or visit away from FB too.

There was a DB commit from Ohio last night but there seems to be more of a story to that.

Remember seeing that only 7 players in the 2019 roster will be out of eligibility after this year. Only so many spots. This will be a very boring class for those who live and die by recruiting classes.

There was a DB commit from Ohio last night but there seems to be more of a story to that.

Remember seeing that only 7 players in the 2019 roster will be out of eligibility after this year. Only so many spots. This will be a very boring class for those who live and die by recruiting classes.

Problem is we have too many warm bodies on scholarship and not enough people who can actually play. Ash has mismanaged the roster. How do you have 14 wrs on scholarship yet our wrs group sucks so badly.

Last edited:
Problem is we have too many warm bodies on scholarship and not enough people who can actually play. Ash has mismanaged the roster.

Mismanaged the roster? So he should have held scholarships the last 3 years and under recruited? I’m not a huge Ash fan but some of these complaints...come on.

Reactions: 17Q66
lol at ASH being the one who “killed” the program....
We all know it was our fans who don't support the program.
Killed is an overstatement anyway. Severely wounded and bleeding profusely is more accurate. 6 tourniquets, 4 major surgeries and 3 transfusions, and the program will be as good as new!!!

Always have loved some poster's rationalizations. RU isnt beyond turning any State talent away and Long is one of your best prospects. With the exception of Temple's last 2 years w Geoff Collins, the Owls were cleaning up in Jersey. Now that Fran Brown is back at Temple, hopefully permanently, expect a return to the same. You might keep your girlfriends further than a text, call or visit away from FB too.

Rhule was recruiting well and had he stayed really could have had something going, but much like we found out with Schiano, it was *Rhule* recruiting well, not ‘Temple’ (and part of the reason Rhule left IMO was that as much as kids liked his staff, they didn’t see playing in the AAC as ‘big-time’; IIRC he said something to that effect in an interview). Collins (with TU coming off 2 of their best seasons ever) maybe got 2 players Rutgers really wanted while we’ve been fairly terrible under Ash.

Joe P.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Rhule was recruiting well and had he stayed really could have had something going, but much like we found out with Schiano, it was *Rhule* recruiting well, not ‘Temple’ (and part of the reason Rhule left IMO was that as much as kids liked his staff, they didn’t see playing in the AAC as ‘big-time’; IIRC he said something to that effect in an interview). Collins (with TU coming off 2 of their best seasons ever) maybe got 2 players Rutgers really wanted while we’ve been fairly terrible under Ash.

Joe P.
Don't know the details of his buyout at Baylor, but he should be one of the people Hobbs interviews/contacts should Ash be let go.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
You got a link on that $7 million? Thought it was half of that.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CFBCoachesSalaries.htm

It is, I fixed it. Still. we would need to pay him at least $4.5 to $5 million to come here. This si a total rebuild job (yet again) he has a lot more resources to do what he wants at Baylor. Unless he gets fired for not cheating enough then we should jump at the chance to hire him.

It is, I fixed it. Still. we would need to pay him at least $4.5 to $5 million to come here. This si a total rebuild job (yet again) he has a lot more resources to do what he wants at Baylor. Unless he gets fired for not cheating enough then we should jump at the chance to hire him.
Waco is a weird place. Maybe Baylor football is in a bubble within Waco. If I was living in Waco and had an opportunity to work in NJ/NYC/Philadelphia area, I would take a pay cut or take equal pay, but that is just me.

Waco is a weird place. Maybe Baylor football is in a bubble within Waco. If I was living in Waco and had an opportunity to work in NJ/NYC/Philadelphia area, I would take a pay cut or take equal pay, but that is just me.

Everyone knows that his dream job is to be the HC at PSU. He is waiting for that to open up.

If you live in New Jersey you DO take a pay cut for leaving Waco, and Murphey wants to make it deeper.

Butch Jones is my current #1 pick to replace Ash.

He is at Bama, so that is how you make a splash and get people to peck up.

Plus he has ties to Rutgers.

But lets see what happen this season ...

Reactions: jessiejames2
Butch Jones is my current #1 pick to replace Ash.

He is at Bama, so that is how you make a splash and get people to peck up.

Plus he has ties to Rutgers.

But lets see what happen this season ...
If RU made that move now, he could convince a QB who wore orange shoes on his RU visit to come to the banks. :grimace:

It’s partly the reason why Fran Brown returned. All of the money in your bank account means jack if you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere earning it. Matt Rhule was driven by the mighty dollar. Fran Brown wanted to come home to South Jersey. It’s a breath of fresh air when one places that as a priority over money.

It’s good to have him back. Our recruiting should certainly spike upwards again. It flat-lined under Collins.

It’s partly the reason why Fran Brown returned. All of the money in your bank account means jack if you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere earning it. Matt Rhule was driven by the mighty dollar. Fran Brown wanted to come home to South Jersey. It’s a breath of fresh air when one places that as a priority over money.

It’s good to have him back. Our recruiting should certainly spike upwards again. It flat-lined under Collins.

I’m not sure if Carey will be as good as Rhule but he’ll probably be better than Collins. I was actually a bit shocked Collins got a P5 job that quickly, especially since his 2-year tenure at TU wasn’t really that impressive. Collins was also lucky as anything that Russo had landed at TU or else last year would have been a quasi-disaster instead of a bowl season for TU.

Joe P.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT