ADVERTISEMENT

Took my buddy to his first RU game

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
I ended up bringing my buddy to the game last night. He’s a Delaware grad with no respect for RU who pretty much agreed to go because they were playing OSU and I said we would grab a bite after. Anyways on the way up to the game he decided to put some money on RU to give him some incentive to cheer for Rutgers. Dude was damn impressed with the team and the RAC. He said it was the loudest arena he’s ever been in. We ended up eating at Cuzins after. Pretty good food though pretty expensive.

I ended up bringing my buddy to the game last night. He’s a Delaware grad with no respect for RU who pretty much agreed to go because they were playing OSU and I said we would grab a bite after. Anyways on the way up to the game he decided to put some money on RU to give him some incentive to cheer for Rutgers. Dude was damn impressed with the team and the RAC. He said it was the loudest arena he’s ever been in. We ended up eating at Cuzins after. Pretty good food though pretty expensive.
yeah ate at Cuzins the other night a little on the expensive side; How about the volume? It was the loudest restaurant I think I have ever eaten in I could not hear anyone at our table

My son just started playing basketball for the first time last week, and this was the first full game he had watched. He usually plays Minecraft or something while I watch the game. He couldn't stop talking about it last night - hopefully this has hooked him!

This happened to me with my son during the Purdue game. Made a fan for life.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Having no respect for RU as an alum of a school with a worse academic reputation than RU.

For people who go out of state to the Delawares and URIs of the world its mostly about the "pretty campus" and pervasive opinion that Rutgers isn't "nice."

our son, who is a 2 time RU grad now, isn't a huge hoops fan, but usually comes to 1 or 2 games a year and he couldn't have picked a much better game than last night... said he might even watch the Purdue game on Sunday which would be a first. We had a blast last night!

our son, who is a 2 time RU grad now, isn't a huge hoops fan, but usually comes to 1 or 2 games a year and he couldn't have picked a much better game than last night... said he might even watch the Purdue game on Sunday which would be a first. We had a blast last night!

Took my best friend from GSM '80 to his first RAC game last night.

He was happy that Mrs. G couldn't go to a game, even front row, on a work night.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT