ADVERTISEMENT

Tosan Evbuomwan

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I was positive that he would be a second rounder last October. Now he is 50-50 to do another year at a Power 5. He is on of the top 3 college players in the northeast,but is not going anywhere where he won't start.

So I googled this mystery man. He’s a 6-8, 217 pound forward who plays at Princeton, originally from jolly old England.

Averages 14.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, and 4.8 apg.

Shooting 52.6% overall but just 29.2% from 3-Pt range, and 66% on FTs.

With Hyatt, Mag, and Griffiths playing forward next year, I can’t see Pike going after this young man in the portal. But if Hyatt decides to go elsewhere to be a 30-mpg starter…?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
A very nice Ivy Leaguer, but I don’t think he starts at the 4 for most above average B1G teams. Put Hyatt or Mags in the Ivies and they would super-dominate.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
So I googled this mystery man. He’s a 6-8, 217 pound forward who plays at Princeton, originally from jolly old England.

With Hyatt, Mag, and Griffiths playing forward next year, I can’t see Pike going after this young man in the portal. But if Hyatt decides to go elsewhere to be a 30-mpg starter…?
No. 1. I thought we had no chance for Tiger players because of bad blood?
No. 2 why would Hyatt go anywhere especially if he continues to trend up and up for us?
Appreciate the insights here but I get the feeling we're not chasing this kind of fill given our situation. Amen to that. We're come a looong way.

Last edited:
Reactions: fluoxetine
No. 2 why would Hyatt go anywhere especially if he continues to trend up and up for us?
Appreciate the insights here but I get the feeling we're not chasing this kind of fill given our situation. Amen to that. We're come a looong way.
Even if cliff stays we’re still badly in need of depth and if ndongo isn’t good right away, which few freshman are, then I wouldn’t mind taking a shot with this guy.

Even if cliff stays we’re still badly in need of depth and if ndongo isn’t good right away, which few freshman are, then I wouldn’t mind taking a shot with this guy.
This is odd. Tosan would start this season and next for all 14 Big Ten teams. He has had every NBA team see him in person to date and I have seen him 30 plus times.And let me throw in Jordan Dingle,who plays at Penn and would be the leading scorer for most Big Ten teams.Don't trust me on either,but defer to our own Brett Maconnell on Tosan and Jay Wright on Dingle.

This is odd. Tosan would start this season and next for all 14 Big Ten teams. He has had every NBA team see him in person to date and I have seen him 30 plus times.And let me throw in Jordan Dingle,who plays at Penn and would be the leading scorer for most Big Ten teams.Don't trust me on either,but defer to our own Brett Maconnell on Tosan and Jay Wright on Dingle.
Not sure why you’re responding to me. I’m the guy who said he would take him while everyone else has said no thanks.

It would be Hyatt's 6th year so he may want to move on from college

He's also likely to be 6th man again next year. If he does play college again, it's not crazy to want to go somewhere to start

Just overall depth. We had 2 injuries and had to resort to starting palmquist.
Yes I understand. But I think next year is a whole nother situation depending who stays.
While it may be a good play I do not see Pike doing that. He builds bottom up unless there's a specific hole.

We would need two players in addition to Caleb to leave for us to add another player to next year's roster. I had no idea who this player was. Sounds like he could help us or many other teams, but again our roster right now is more than full and Pike seems to take pride in keeping a roster together in this day of the transfer portal.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The Ivy Leauge is ranked far higher than the Patriot League
Cam is arguably our best player - he's a transfer from the Patriot League

Not having anyone transfer out last year seems to have made people think that's normal - it's not, we will likely have 2-3 transfers out and/or Hyatt decide he's had enough college.

My No 1 would have been we don't want any PU players because of bad blood. But then I've hated them for a long time and am a grudge holder!

Really 72, if Evbuomwan is good as you are promoting then he's going to the NBA after 4 years in college; not 15 miles down the road. I doubt anyone else recognizes him a preseason All B1G (which is what it means when you say he would start for all 14 teams or roughly next year's Trayce Jackson-Davis). My problem is in guaranteeing him the start at the 4 spot. If he's willing to gamble on his own talent, then sure we need to get a scholly for him. Otherwise, he scores in the paint and Cliff lives in the paint. I'm not sure he is a great fit. I know his chart shows scoring ability against Power 5 and high majors. Even so, I'm not convinced his mid-range and interior scoring is something that would be productive night in, night out in the B1G. Defense is another question. Plus, I think he's only got 1 year. We've got Mags and maybe Hyatt. I wouldn't be quick to throw them aside, unless, in the words of that ol' Yaley Montgomery Burns, it was for a little bit more.

Last edited:

thank you

Would have been nice to get advanced warning that he was going to be there last night. Thankful for anonymity.

We had Yeboah from jolly old England.

Just a reminder about how good he is.
I must have stepped out too many times because I said to my wife he needs his headband tonight he seems off. Then they flashed his stats and I said..ooops. nevermind.

Well good olde Princeton lost by 11 and the spread was 10.5. Thank you, won a huge bet but sweated it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
I climbed Tovan Evboumwan in 2019. The next year there was a big avalanche and many were lost. I will never return there. It is a cursed mountain.
I think he was my kicker when I win my fantasy football league in 2006. Maybe confusing him with Donald Igwebuike.

Tosan changed my mind drastically, not because of anything elite in terms of athletic abilities, but he's clearly smart, a leader (communication with teammates is important to me) but his passing is elite.

A lot of that is the system with the cuts backdoor, but it takes a very skilled passer in order for that offense to work.

The Creighton Center Kalkbrenner also made plays and didn't panic when doubled. If there is ONE thing Cliff has not been able to master yet, is recognizing the defense and being in a position with his footwork to pass. That only comes with playing more than 1 position at a young age and Cliff is just playing catch-up on all of these skills you master as a youth.

Tosan changed my mind drastically, not because of anything elite in terms of athletic abilities, but he's clearly smart, a leader (communication with teammates is important to me) but his passing is elite.

A lot of that is the system with the cuts backdoor, but it takes a very skilled passer in order for that offense to work.

The Creighton Center Kalkbrenner also made plays and didn't panic when doubled. If there is ONE thing Cliff has not been able to master yet, is recognizing the defense and being in a position with his footwork to pass. That only comes with playing more than 1 position at a young age and Cliff is just playing catch-up on all of these skills you master as a youth.
True. You can tell with Tosan's skill set he played some guard where he handled the ball, not just back to the basket in the post waiting for a pass.

Reactions: shields
Princeton plays with a far faster pace as compared to when Carill was head coach.I like watching teams who run a half court offense that strikes fear in opponents.

Mitch Henderson and the Princeton staff really impressed me not just based on Tosan, but the players fit their system. It also takes a very specific level of fundamentals in order to thrive in that system. You have to be able to go left or right as a guard or forward.....the bigs have to be able to pivot and wheel to either side to screen. Then those same bigs have to be able to rebound and defend.

The difference between Creighton and Princeton (to me, they are more similar than not), comes down to the Creighton players all having all those fundamentals locked down, but just at a higher level. Add in a player like Kalkbrenner, and that type of big is rare for the Ivy League. I think if you removed Kalkbrenner from Creighton and put him on Princeton with Mitch Henderson, they could make the Final Four and win a national title. They just need a big man and another Power Forward who could defend.

Last edited:
A very nice Ivy Leaguer, but I don’t think he starts at the 4 for most above average B1G teams. Put Hyatt or Mags in the Ivies and they would super-dominate.
Hyatt cant dominate anywhere. The guy is a human turnover. Single handily cost us the Minnesota game. And a horrible defense player. I hope he gets the talk & soon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT