ADVERTISEMENT

Totally classless move by Michigan

MSU ran it up on Michigan a few years ago and D’Ontonio basically yelling and saying hell yes we ran it up

I mean … that was literally the #4 quarterback, running behind the third string offensive line, who scored running right up the gut. It isn’t like we ran some reverse pass or something to stick in one last score - we certainly weren’t playing to maximize the blowout. Michigan’s starters were all out with almost 6 minutes left in the third quarter and played ever single player on the 74 man travel roster, including the backup longsnapper. If Harbaugh had wanted to score 100 in that game, we would have. Pretty tough to make the case Michigan acted in a classless manner in this game, IMO, especially given all the bad blood between these programs.

Sure. Whatever. There's always ways to justify it.

Sure. Whatever. There's always ways to justify it.
Would it help to justify it in your mind if you knew the only reason the play on which Michigan scored that last TD even existed was because the 4th down “game over” run that preceded it gave Michigan a first down because of a late-hit cheap shot by a MSU defender (the second of the half, the first of which resulted in an automatic ejection when the MSU player shoved a Michigan defender to the ground after the play was over, and subsequently proceeded to spear the back of his neck/helmet as he laid on the ground)?

MSU got exactly what they deserved. You notice we didn’t try to score late against Rutgers, who played a tough and honorable game.

Reactions: newell138
Harbaugh may be a jerk, but he and his players remember the end of last year's game, in which MSU players ambushed a number of UM players in the tunnel and beat them with their helmets. One UM player suffered a concussion, and several others suffered big time beatings. You don't think Harbaugh and his team weren't looking to put put up as many points as possible?

True, but they did do it to Michigan State.
323e8c28117ec1b66eda73eb0d3be67f.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletDave
Michigan responded to the personal foul correctly by sticking it to them. They were just killing the clock to that point. I think they have showed restraint all season. Keeping it under 50 against MSU doesn’t seem like an issue.

Didnt Rutgers score a very late td vs Wagner to make the score look ridiculous
Yes we did. Up 45-3 against Wagner, RU scored with 13 seconds remaining in the game. The guys at the gym on Monday morning were busting my balls about Schiano being classless for not taking a knee.

Reactions: redking
Yes we did. Up 45-3 against Wagner, RU scored with 13 seconds remaining in the game. The guys at the gym on Monday morning were busting my balls about Schiano being classless for not taking a knee.
In a game against a paid team like Wagner- you are playing for reps. 3rd string plyers in and getting game reps. This is what Wagner is specifically paid to be. Complete different scenario

• Haha
Reactions: ivan brunetti
Yeah. This rivalry is personal to both teams. It's not like Michigan going for 2 vs us when up 50 during the Ash era.
I'll never forget that and I'm sure Schiano remembers as well . One day that will be avenged.

I'll never forget that and I'm sure Schiano remembers as well . One day that will be avenged.
Greg is never going to avenge Ash...Doesn't make any sense. I hate JH- thus my hatred of Michigan. But if we are up by 50- Greg will have the 3rd string players playing normal reps and if they score, they score and then you go for 1.

It is college, and the backups are in. Doesnt bother me at all.

It is college, and the backups are in. Doesnt bother me at all.
Going for 2 with a 50 pt lead does bother m but a 3rd string making a play, not at all.
And after last year's lockerroom and the kid with as dirty a play as I have seen since Maryland on Vedral- anything Mich did to MSU was fair game.

Going for 2 with a 50 pt lead does bother m but a 3rd string making a play, not at all.
And after last year's lockerroom and the kid with as dirty a play as I have seen since Maryland on Vedral- anything Mich did to MSU was fair game.
I have been on both sides of a blowout. The only thing I ever get annoyed with (at any level of sports) is leaving starters in during a blowout. I do not like putting athletes at injury risk for no reason.

At the rate that school is going i actually think I’d root for Penn State over MSU. That school and their fans are as culty and bad as PSU but in a vacuum actually worse. And tbeir football players beat up a Michigan guy in the locker room last year. Harbo is a jerk and does run up the score but in this case I support it and wish he scored 100 on them

Reactions: newell138
I have been on both sides of a blowout. The only thing I ever get annoyed with (at any level of sports) is leaving starters in during a blowout. I do not like putting athletes at injury risk for no reason.
So- back when our son was playing. He RS'd in 05 and was a backup in 06 and 1/2 of 07. In those backup games- if we had a big lead- we would always be yelling down to Greg to put the backups in...in 08/09 when he started every game - when we had a good lead, we were screaming down to Greg to pull the starters. lol There were a couple of games with big leads and he was still in and had gone down on the field. Never something serious but always pissed us off that he just never should have been in there still.

And you are right- about keeping them in during blowouts- we have seen those too many times- and too often, I have seen some of our B1G friends still with a starting QB in way past a blowout mid to late 4th qtr

Greg is never going to avenge Ash...Doesn't make any sense. I hate JH- thus my hatred of Michigan. But if we are up by 50- Greg will have the 3rd string players playing normal reps and if they score, they score and then you go for 1.
If Greg is around he will. Think he went after Louisville when we scored 63 points on them in 08

If Greg is around he will. Think he went after Louisville when we scored 63 points on them in 08
The previous year- we were up 21-3 and 28-10 and lost the game. So, in 2008- we went up 49-0 at halftime. And we just didn't let off the gas pedal prior to the half even when the game was out of control...but, in the 2nd half- dialed it was down. We could have won that game 80+ if we wanted to

Reactions: fg7321
Another one that needs to be avenged..Paterno running up the score on Rutgers in 1995.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT