ADVERTISEMENT

U can either pay players...

ImBadRU

All American
Apr 3, 2002
Or you can't. $1 mil for a quarterback which we will never do. Our qb will always be a scrub. How much is a wide receiver who can catch a pass? $500k? $2 million for a run stopper? Reality and a sad one.

RU needs real offensive coaches not stuck in the 1900s.
RU would wreck Caleb Williams
No reliable red zone offense for 20 years.
No QB development.
"Hello Kitty" playbook
RU's offensive coaching/coordinating is a real problem (as I've said a long time) and that starts with GS - he's Rex Ryan.

No QB development.
"Hello Kitty" playbook
RU's offensive coaching/coordinating is a real problem (as I've said a long time) and that starts with GS - he's Rex Ryan.

Last season we were one of the most run heavy offenses in the country.
I haven’t checked the numbers so far this year but expressed concern about repeating that this year.
Need some sort of passing offense/goal of scoring points.

Reactions: ashokan
I thought this was supposed to be an easier schedule this year, we will be Lucky if we finish the season with 6 wins this year, GS is better at being a Defensive Coordinator or concentrate on funds raising & bring in an offensive minded head coach which GS is definitely not.

Something needs to change on O. Not that I know what’s wrong or have coached fb before…but I can look at the scoreboard and know something isn’t working. Wonder how GS’ patience is right now.

They had lofty goals they are not living up to at this point. Depth is an obvious concern.

Or you can't. $1 mil for a quarterback which we will never do. Our qb will always be a scrub. How much is a wide receiver who can catch a pass? $500k? $2 million for a run stopper? Reality and a sad one.
People are being asked to part ways with their hard earned money. The smart ones will think like making an investment. Do you have belief in the founding team to bring you returns or will your money be flushed away? The founding team here is your Coaching Staff. Knowing that, do you invest?

Reactions: newell138
No QB development.
"Hello Kitty" playbook

Two comments from former coaches:

Jerry Kill said something like this regarding unimaginative play calls during his short stint as OC: “I’ll call the same play all game if that it’s what it takes to finally get it right.”

John McNulty had a quote like this (again paraphrasing from memory): “I tell the guys that I’ll keep trying to find a play that doesn’t require them to beat their man, but I don’t know if I’ll find it.”

Telling quotes—both from a real low point for RU football—but the point is: all of our coordinators have struggled to design their way out of a talent gap. We have better guys than we had under Ash, but the basic premise is the same: our receivers drop balls and don’t get separation, our o-line struggles against big ten d-lines, and our QBs are far from magicians.

I haven’t checked the numbers so far this year but expressed concern about repeating that this year.

Indeed,

You dont see Ohio St, Bama, LSU, GA et al winning titles with quick 5 yd sidelines passes.
They always have that fast WR to stretch the field

GS/KC run a pro style like an option team with chippy passes instead of pitches.
Its a weird offense that doesn't challenge defenders or push RU talent to grow.
Take players and convey to them "you have talent and we expect to use it".

Don't hover over them like you dont trust them and have to game plan like they are liabilities.
GS looks at offenses as game losers and not winners.
What SEC or B1G boss team does that?

and yet without fail some random D1 AA QB will get taken in the top 10 picks of the draft the way they do EVERY YEAR

Jerry Kill said something like this regarding unimaginative play calls during his short stint as OC: “I’ll call the same play all game if that it’s what it takes to finally get it right.”

John McNulty had a quote like this (again paraphrasing from memory): “I tell the guys that I’ll keep trying to find a play that doesn’t require them to beat their man, but I don’t know if I’ll find it.”

Telling quotes—both from a real low point for RU football—but the point is: all of our coordinators have struggled to design their way out of a talent gap. We have better guys than we had under Ash, but the basic premise is the same: our receivers drop balls and don’t get separation, our o-line struggles against big ten d-lines, and our QBs are far from magicians.

I always think of those Peterson teams at Boise St winning lots of games with anons.
Peterson was 92-12 at Boise.
He made average players think they were great.
Give those same players to RU and pffffft
GS has an attitude toward offense that holds players as suspects that need to be sand-boxed.
On defense he's the opposite and gets better players in the end.
Playing with confidence wont be as bad as playing not to lose even with a few turnovers

"Two kinds of ballplayers aren't worth a darn: One that never does what he's told, and one who does nothin' except what he's told." - Bum Phillips

The harsh realty is that Rutgers is in the B1G Ten without the talent or coaching to successfully compete .Injuries really impact Rutgers because of the lack of talented replacements.The B1G Ten isn't a league where you can mask the obvious problem areas.The last two league home games Rutgers allowed over 500 total yards.The last two league games Rutgers has scored 14 points.

as i have said on the hoops board, the way the game is going in both sports, I will not be a fan in another decade. Not worth in watch paid players...i liked they got booed today, they deserve it. they are not students, they are paid athletes who shit the bed badly

Wasn't the number 1 reason for hiring HC Schiano is that ONLY he could turn around and reverse the talent gap faster than anyone else?
It's Year 5 and he literally just got a raise mid-contract.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Wasn't the number 1 reason for hiring HC Schiano is that ONLY he could turn around and reverse the talent gap faster than anyone else?

We went from one of the worst teams in college football to a team that will probably make its second consecutive bowl game. It’s not the breakout season we all hoped for, but we’ve gotten better and I certainly wouldn’t trust the program in someone else’s hands at this point. That would be a joke to suggest.

We went from one of the worst teams in college football to a team that will probably make its second consecutive bowl game. It’s not the breakout season we all hoped for, but we’ve gotten better and I certainly wouldn’t trust the program in someone else’s hands at this point. That would be a joke to suggest.
Trust for what? 6 to 7 win seasons? In this day and age that means absolutely jack crap. If you don’t make the playoff then you can play in the Poop Emoji bowl in Bismarck South Dakota. Whoop de damn do.
We need a lot of money and someone who can recruit elite talent. We don’t have either right now. Maybe Greg recovers and we get to nine wins, but I hate the way we are playing and coaching right now.

That’s not the goal. The goal is to avoid turnovers, shorten game by running clock and win field position. That’s the formula,

Trust for what? 6 to 7 win seasons? In this day and age that means absolutely jack crap. If you don’t make the playoff then you can play in the Poop Emoji bowl in Bismarck South Dakota. Whoop de damn do.
We need a lot of money and someone who can recruit elite talent. We don’t have either right now. Maybe Greg recovers and we get to nine wins, but I hate the way we are playing and coaching right now.
Bismarck is in North Dakota, but carry on…

as i have said on the hoops board, the way the game is going in both sports, I will not be a fan in another decade. Not worth in watch paid players...i liked they got booed today, they deserve it. they are not students, they are paid athletes who shit the bed badly
Professors are paid, administrators are paid, groundskeepers are paid, pretty much everyone connected to Rutgers outside the students are paid. I find it refreshing that we no longer have the pretense that the football players are indeed students. They are paid professionals representing Rutgers and as an alum I will root for them to the same extent as I will root for a paid professor to represent Rutgers by garnering national and international acclaim for his/her academic achievements.

Lol we could lose every game in football and basketball and you would never leave this internet site. We can get out scored 200 to 10 in basketball and as long as you get to write up your silly 8 paragraph recaps your a happy man. Hey it’s your life and you choose to spend every waking moment of it here cheers I guess. Just don’t try to BS anyone that you eventually will get fed up. You’re not fooling anyone.

Reactions: rutgersal
No
They have a real HC
Wisconsin has superior offensive and defensive lines. We lost our starting guard and we are now a team that can’t run the ball anymore. That happens because of talent where it matters most. McCord is getting 750 thousand at Syracuse and he is lighting it up. He came here visited and Schiano had 14 dollars to give him. NIL is not going away and if this fanbase continues to not participate we won’t win.

How can people talk about paying players when you can’t even get fans to attend football games - the attendance was a joke yesterday especially for a B10 match up. There were more people pumpkin picking at Alstede Farms yesterday than there were at the stadium.

Agreed. Booing is acceptable now with NIL

How can people talk about paying players when you can’t even get fans to attend football games - the attendance was a joke yesterday especially for a B10 match up. There were more people pumpkin picking at Alstede Farms yesterday than there were at the stadium.
Alstede Farms provided a winning product and didn't stink up the joint for all it's paying visitors

Like any paid employee…schools should fire their asses if they decide to “hold out” or at the very least withdraw pay. If you as a doctor or police or teacher or engineer decided to blow off work, you’d either be fired or pay would be withheld. The same needs to happen with these non-student athletes. The quicker the pretense of scholarship goes away, the better off all institutions will be.

No QB development.
"Hello Kitty" playbook
Everytime we try to modernize the offense (for example with the spread); it fails.

Honestly I think he was the only one who could get us to this point. I dont think Rutgers can get beyond this point no matter who the coach is.

Reactions: AdventureHasAName
Honestly I think he was the only one who could get us to this point. I dont think Rutgers can get beyond this point no matter who the coach is.
Not with this fanbase we bash players and coaches very quickly and oh yea we are the cheapest fanbase. That won’t help either.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Howe much for a 98 year old RU Fan?After yesterday's disgraceful, unexpected and unwelcome debacle. I am going to

Oh stop. What will be so different in a decades ? Don’t be another boy crying wolf.
You will be here

Got no problem with the booing

Who said anything about big money? They’re getting paid to be on the football team which makes them
Professionals
You and cry wolf make it sound like all of them are getting money. We have no money to give. The ones that are getting it are few and far between.

Reactions: Jimpeg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT