ADVERTISEMENT

USA lost to Japan at u20 tackle football championships

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
Was shocked lol then thought about it for a second. I never even heard of this until today and all good u20 in the states are training for the upcoming college season. Japan team has some players though. Punter is pretty good too đź‘€

Reactions: Fat Koko
Strange outcomes can happen in international competition, though looks like US team didn’t bring their best. Don’t think FBS coaches and NIL pay bosses want their players participating.

Japan is competitive at rugby, defeating South Africa, winner of last two rugby world cups, and Ireland, ranked #2 in world. Maybe Japan converted young rugby players to American football.

This week, Afghanistan made the final four of the cricket world cup defeating Australia. The Taliban unbanned the sport for males in the country.

oof our lines look terrible in that.

Love the discipline of the Japanese team. They do not stop until the whistle is blown. The US team looks sloppy, slow, and undisciplined. I know our best is not playing, but the fact that we can not put together a better team says a lot.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Could also be a case of Japanese boys becoming men sooner than American boys do. That is, more mature at an earlier age while Americans have more growing to do.

Watched the highlights.. that was a beat-down!

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Could also be a case of Japanese boys becoming men sooner than American boys do. That is, more mature at an earlier age while Americans have more growing to do.

Watched the highlights.. that was a beat-down!

This is U-20, not U-16. And do you see that one US lineman who has rolls of fat? And he can be timed by sundial. The Japanese team is disciplined and aggressive. Better competition could have been provided by sending a team from the Bergen County Catholics.

This is U-20, not U-16. And do you see that one US lineman who has rolls of fat? And he can be timed by sundial. The Japanese team is disciplined and aggressive. Better competition could have been provided by sending a team from the Bergen County Catholics.
I was thinking they would have been better off sending Bergen Catholic lol

What are the rules for this code of football? The announcer talks about an onside punt, which exists in Canadian football, not American football. Yet the field is lined for the American game.

I can see the 7x7 format gaining traction. Recently Rugby 7s and 3x3 basketball have been added to the Olympics. Why not 7x7 football.

Strange outcomes can happen in international competition, though looks like US team didn’t bring their best. Don’t think FBS coaches and NIL pay bosses want their players participating.

Japan is competitive at rugby, defeating South Africa, winner of last two rugby world cups, and Ireland, ranked #2 in world. Maybe Japan converted young rugby players to American football.

This week, Afghanistan made the final four of the cricket world cup defeating Australia. The Taliban unbanned the sport for males in the country.
How generous of them!

I was thinking they would have been better off sending Bergen Catholic lol
you are probably not wrong. What decent football player at age 19 is playing on this team? Basically anyone who wasn't good enough to make a college team. We have about 80,000 playing in some level of college football, so we took our 80,001-80,070th best players.

Let’s be fair to the Japanese… in a regular scenario of say our best 65 players… they ain’t winning anything. Another stupid post and comparison.

Let’s be fair to the Japanese… in a regular scenario of say our best 65 players… they ain’t winning anything. Another stupid post and comparison.
The US team featured multiple players with power conference offers, including a 4-star Notre Dame commit Davion Dixon and a 3-star from New Jersey who has visited Rutgers.

Why aren't US college football stars willing to represent their country in international competition?

The US team featured multiple players with power conference offers, including a 4-star Notre Dame commit Davion Dixon and a 3-star from New Jersey who has visited Rutgers.

Why aren't US college football stars willing to represent their country in international competition?

A rising HS JUNIOR (somewhere between 16 and 18) who's a 3 star? Sounds like an under 20 national team member to me [/sarcasm]

Show the list of schools and players. Guaranteed most are not D1 …Not only that but how long was this was USA team together ?

¡
you are probably not wrong. What decent football player at age 19 is playing on this team? Basically anyone who wasn't good enough to make a college team. We have about 80,000 playing in some level of college football, so we took our 80,001-80,070th best players.
Exactly … a few days.

@Knight Shift We're doomed!

8bGOntC.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
Also, I'm thinking they don't want to dominate other countries too bad. I guess they are seeing the international success of the NBA and want to gain global exposure for football. The Japanese coaches seemed pretty good, someone over there knows a little bit about football. Maybe in 20 years, NFL draft will have a more international flavor...

Quick look at the roster. Only six OL, four DL. Plus on the few plays shown in highlights, player technique looked horrible. This is not a representative team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT