ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech about to upset Michigan State

kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017
Anyone watching Virginia Tech in their Maui game against Michigan State?

Look at their offense and how the ball does not stick anywhere. Constant, constant movement. We need something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyC80
Their entire roster looks like the spent the offseason in the weight room, unlike ours.

Anyone watching their Maui game against Michigan State?

Look at their offense and how the ball does not stick anywhere. Constant, constant movement. We need something like that.

yup. Our offense is terrible.

Their dudes have no hesitation to pull a 3 pointer. Such a pleasant offense to watch.

Said this in the SHU game thread, MSU desperately misses Langford. They will only get better as the year goes on because Izzo but this is not a top 5 team right now.

Said this in the SHU game thread, MSU desperately misses Langford. They will only get better as the year goes on because Izzo but this is not a top 5 team right now.

They miss an inside game too. They are thin up front and Tillman is not looking good this year. Not enough size for another trip to the Final Four IMO.

Nope. I would guess an 18-20 point loss at their place this year.
Izzo wants his team better in March. Whether or not he beats Rutgers in December isn’t all that important. What is important is that his team plays the way he wants them to play.

Not really surprised by the upset. They took Duke to the buzzer in tourney last year (and beat them once during regular season). They also beat Purdue. On good night they can play with anybody. Big Ten needs somebody to step up, as now MSU has losses to SEC and ACC..

Not really surprised by the upset. They took Duke to the buzzer in tourney last year (and beat them once during regular season). They also beat Purdue. On good night they can play with anybody. Big Ten needs somebody to step up, as now MSU has losses to SEC and ACC..

They're a much much different team this year. New coach, lots of new players. They weren't supposed to be very good this year but proving them wrong so far.

Izzo wants his team better in March. Whether or not he beats Rutgers in December isn’t all that important. What is important is that his team plays the way he wants them to play.
This could be the year that satisfies the slogan “Past performance is no guarantee of future results”.

Michigan State will be fine, assuming they get Langford back. Making sure the new faces play the game the right way will be put over winning basketball games. They will peak mid to late February and then he will pull back the reins in the B1G tournament. His team will be ready for the NCAA tournament.

Well, if our guys play defense and actually execute on offense instead of standing around and chucking up airball 3's then yes, we have a chance. We have too much talent this year to play as poor as they've shown at times. We may not be elite in the B1G yet but we can be decent - especially if they stop reading their own press, too.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I keep watching that set I posted earlier in the thread. Look at how all five guys on the court move with a purpose. Nobody's just floating.

Too often our guys go through the motion on cuts as if they are not getting the ball.

I better not see a foot of space between Jacob Young and a screener for the 3rd straight game tonight!!!! If i see it again I am very concerned about our coaching staff.

Reactions: kcg88
Too often our guys go through the motion on cuts as if they are not getting the ball.

I better not see a foot of space between Jacob Young and a screener for the 3rd straight game tonight!!!! If i see it again I am very concerned about our coaching staff.

Jay Bilas pointed out multiple times how Virginia Tech SPRINTS on their cuts and it forces the defense into bad decisions.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Some time in my life Rutgers will an offense with even a fraction of the purpose that Virginia Tech does:

Anyone watching Virginia Tech in their Maui game against Michigan State?

I watched the second half. MSU has more talented players, but yesterday, V-Tech appeared to be the more cohesive team. Their ball movement inside and out was crisp and their shot making was terrific. MSU looked very discombobulated, and it seems that Izzo's teams year in and year out always seem to start slowly this way and then build toward the tournament, so I won't count them out of being a Final Four team. Right now however, they look really off.

Reactions: kcg88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT