ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel on Carino's Podcast re: BTT and RU

Some BSologist in podunk just said we need to win the BIG tourney to get on the bubble, lol--guess the ultra nonsense is entertaining to some

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
If Nebraska makes it to the quarterfinals they would be a Q2 team at that point people are saying so it won't be as bad as a loss as people think

We have very little margin for error. We would right now have the worst NET of all time to get an at large.

I agree losing to NW or Neb would hurt perception than losing to Iowa, but beating NW or Neb in their 3rd straight game would be a easier task than Iowa. That said, I think Iowa peaked and will come back a bit, a win vs Iowa may get us out of Dayton,

I'm just annoyed that the early losses 4 months ago somehow outweigh the wins we've had and being 4 games over .500 in the best and deepest league in mens CBB. If you switch Indiana's and RU's resumes this season, Indiana is no worse than 10 with no debate getting in, and we would be a 3 seed in the NIT with a 9-11 conference record.

IMO, RU should be a 8-9 seed. That said, I will gladly take SMU in Dayton and then a rematch vs Houston in 5/12. I want Houston in our side of bracket.

Nebraska last 3:

Win at PSU
Win at OSU
Win at Wisconsin

Nobody should want to play a Quad 3 team that’s doing that lately
Iowa would be a big favorite against Nebraska because they have a squad full of scorers.On a bad game they will score 70 points.

No we're worried about the damage losing to nebraska would do
Their legs will be shot.

It’s exactly what happened to us in 2018. Shot out of a cannon, playing well, run into a brick wall.

If you feel that worried about Nebraska making a run and beating Rutgers then you should be taking Nebraska to win the BTT.

$100 wins $50,000.

I agree losing to NW or Neb would hurt perception than losing to Iowa, but beating NW or Neb in their 3rd straight game would be a easier task than Iowa. That said, I think Iowa peaked and will come back a bit, a win vs Iowa may get us out of Dayton,

I'm just annoyed that the early losses 4 months ago somehow outweigh the wins we've had and being 4 games over .500 in the best and deepest league in mens CBB. If you switch Indiana's and RU's resumes this season, Indiana is no worse than 10 with no debate getting in, and we would be a 3 seed in the NIT with a 9-11 conference record.

IMO, RU should be a 8-9 seed. That said, I will gladly take SMU in Dayton and then a rematch vs Houston in 5/12. I want Houston in our side of bracket.
First, why would you want an 8-9 seed? Second, for comparison's sake, SHU is being projected as an 8-9 seed with a similar Q1 record (6-6 vs RU 6-5), NET in the low 30s, and 0 Q3+4 losses. I wish you guys were an 8-9 seed because then we wouldn't be lol

Let me start by saying my opinion is that we are in today as an 11 in the last 4 byes. Although an argument can be made for a 10 seed . Now the team that since FEB 1 has gone through the 8 game gauntlet and Penn State finished 6-3 , which is tremendous and worthy of a 5-6 seed. Now those lovely metrics , which we are very good with since FEB 1 , factors the early season losses to Lafayette and UMASS , 2 buzzer beater losses with late leads , and the inconsistency before Feb 1,and that would make us a bubble or out of the tourney at best because of the Purdue , Michigan and Iowa wins counter balanced with the losses to non tourney teams. The compromise then objectively is we are not a team out of the tourney and not a 5-6 seed but a 10,11 or 12 seed at worst. 8-9 seed I think is out because of the Quad losses and most of the 8/9 seeds do not have those 2 losses. Maybe 1 not 2 .

Let me start by saying my opinion is that we are in today as an 11 in the last 4 byes. Although an argument can be made for a 10 seed . Now the team that since FEB 1 has gone through the 8 game gauntlet and Penn State finished 6-3 , which is tremendous and worthy of a 5-6 seed. Now those lovely metrics , which we are very good with since FEB 1 , factors the early season losses to Lafayette and UMASS , 2 buzzer beater losses with late leads , and the inconsistency before Feb 1,and that would make us a bubble or out of the tourney at best because of the Purdue , Michigan and Iowa wins counter balanced with the losses to non tourney teams. The compromise then objectively is we are not a team out of the tourney and not a 5-6 seed but a 10,11 or 12 seed at worst. 8-9 seed I think is out because of the Quad losses and most of the 8/9 seeds do not have those 2 losses. Maybe 1 not 2 .
Wow. We went 6-3 in eight games. Love it.

when we're cutting down the nets in Indy just before the selection show starts, we'll all look back at this and laugh
What would be ur guess on seeding if u win the B10 Tourney? Don’t know if you can get better than 8/9.

Ugh ! An smu houston game will not happen in the first round

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT