ADVERTISEMENT

We’re an IMPACT Tight End Away from winning the National Championship

Tell me more about longer ram. Is it something to do with computer memory or just a Freudian slip?

Competivey? Not one of those game were one score games. The average margin of victory was 19.4 and the closest game was an 11 point loss.

This is not the 90s were beating Miami means something. Miami was a very mediocre program which had another disappointing 7-6 season.
Only because we made a key mistake, or ran out of gas, which was facilitated by the lack of talent in the WR Corp

- We were leading Ohio State 9-7, with 10 minutes left in the third and in the red zone, when Wimsatt lofted an errant pass to Monangai which was returned for a Touchdown.

- Rutgers was competitive with Michigan until we threw a pick 6 with 4:43 left in the third quarter

- Penn State was ahead 13-6 up until 14:14 of the fourth quarter when we ran out of gas

I think we beat Ohio State and Penn State with this years WR Corp

And these teams are not on the schedule this year. Lesser teams are.

Al lol
I can never be mad at you but cmon man!

2/10 on the troll attempt, but besides all of the other obvious things we’re missing, the one glaring thing is that we….

Need
A
Quarterback
Someone is going to get the job done this year because our WR Corp is much better

Don't forget he is on record stating that this is another free year for Schiano. How does that play if we are only one player away from a National Championship? Shouldn't the coach be accountable if we only win 7 or 8 games? Seems like an obvious contradiction, that is hard to believe coming from Al.
We won our bowl game last year. We’re ahead of where we thought we’d be. Which is why Schiano is worth every penny of his $6M.

Schiano must be firmly on the hot seat. I mean thr program must be loaded with talent being just one player away from winning the national championship this year. Considering how much of that talent is returning going 7-6 is clearly underachieving. I mean a TE away from winning a national championship is a shoe in for playoffs.

So Al will you be calling for Schoano to be fired if he doesn’t make the playoff this year?
No, because we’re ahead of where we should be

Keep up the enthusiasm rutgersal . We have fans but we need more fans that have your BELIEF in this program. The usual suspects came out as expected to critique your thoughts. They always do.

Reactions: rutgersal
We haven’t had an impact Tight End in years , there either undersized or underweight or a converted lineman or a converted QB , GS has done a terrible job when it comes to recruiting an impact Tight End because face it we are a ground & pound offense, the good ones with soft hands want the ball 6 to 7 times a game , not spending eternity watching everyone else getting involved with the offense.
Big demand for impact tight ends. We develop 2 stars for the most part and those haven’t panned out. Vokolek is the last kid we recruited with potential but even he too didn’t really pan out.

tenor.gif

Someone is looking to cement their, "Message Board Genius" world record.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner:

Reactions: koleszar
Big demand for impact tight ends. We develop 2 stars for the most part and those haven’t panned out. Vokolek is the last kid we recruited with potential but even he too didn’t really pan out.
Do you think they don’t pan out because Schiano doesn’t allow passes over the middle?

Ah, nothing like being ridiculed nationally thanks to the OP. It's now out on the Main Board too.
The guy is a sincere exuberant fan. Does rutgersal sometimes post over the top predictions … so what… attempting to say Rutgers is now ridiculed because of his belief … you of all people should ignore it…we have been ridiculed for 50 + years by others. Media rags, other college sports teams, coaching and player scandal, BOD , professors. And still people call this poster out just for being a …fan.

Only because we made a key mistake, or ran out of gas, which was facilitated by the lack of talent in the WR Corp

- We were leading Ohio State 9-7, with 10 minutes left in the third and in the red zone, when Wimsatt lofted an errant pass to Monangai which was returned for a Touchdown.

- Rutgers was competitive with Michigan until we threw a pick 6 with 4:43 left in the third quarter

- Penn State was ahead 13-6 up until 14:14 of the fourth quarter when we ran out of gas

I think we beat Ohio State and Penn State with this years WR Corp

And these teams are not on the schedule this year. Lesser teams are.

National champions don’t run out of gas. National Chanpions don’t make excuses.
Every team can make excuses. That all you have are excuses.

Are the lack of PSU football championships due to the lack of young boys in the lockerroom showers or do you have some other excuses?

Reactions: Antm314 and Kbee3
Al doesn’t live in reality.

Also I love the one board wacko defending the other.
Here's the reality - AL's troll game has plateaued. He's like Schiano in that he's good enough to get to a certain level but can't break through.

I thought the Syracuse UConn to B10 was a little obvious but to his credit it worked like a charm. TE being the link to natty? Yawn.

"Sometimes" - ?????
If you are a “ moderator” DJ Spanky then what rutgersal does should be understood as him being a fan… the immediate responses were expected by the same posters who feign horror that we are being ridiculed . I have been a Rutgers fan since 1966 in baseball - basketball… 1967 in football .It is my opinion al truly is good for this board.We need more like him.

Last edited:
And that is just your opinion. Others have a different opinion from yours.
Well I’ll stand by my opinion anytime over some of the comments regarding rutgersal ‘s postings. Since I’m probably a bit older than both you and al maybe that is the reason.I do however recall some of the same posters who criticized him last season prior to the Miami game were like little children on Christmas morning gleefully anticipating the 2024 season.

Michigan has the trophy. Everyone else like Penn State and Rutgers has excuses. So what’s your point?

Reactions: Antm314
Well I’ll stand by my opinion anytime over some of the comments regarding rutgersal ‘s postings. Since I’m probably a bit older than both you and al maybe that is the reason.I do however recall some of the same posters who criticized him last season prior to the Miami game were like little children on Christmas morning gleefully anticipating the 2024 season.

We'll respectfully agree to disagree. Al has been posting like this for more than 20 years as referenced by someone invoking "Big Ron Green". Worse that he posts this other places, TOS, our opponents' boards, the Main Board, etc. I and a cadre of others have found his shtick to be old and stale.

If you are a “ moderator” DJ Spanky then what rutgersal does should be understood as him being a fan… the immediate responses were expected by the same posters who feign horror that we are being ridiculed . I have been a Rutgers fan since 1966 in baseball - basketball… 1967 in football .It is my opinion al truly is good for this board.We need more like him.
I said we lack the quality depth to compete for a National Championship.

How is that feigning horror?
The comment doesn’t address Al being the great fan i know he is.

I didn’t have an issue with YOUR take Dale… of course we still need more depth however my defense of rutgersal remains . By the way to be clear you were not the one who I hinted at. We do have several who seem to always believe we are the laughing stock because of this poster…. a donor/ fan/ alum who truly believes. To believe is ok … wish more did and dug a bit deeper into their pockets. Fact is even when Rutgers does perform well there are always more than a few who post negatives. As the moderator said to me , “ it’s an opinion “ …everyone has one… agree to disagree…. Hell I’m good with that. Yes Al is a GREAT RUTGERS FAN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT