ADVERTISEMENT

We need to petition the big ten to NEVER let Eric Curry ref another one of our games

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

referee-eric-curry-is-seen-during-the-illinois-fighting-illini-and-picture-id1089884532

Whenever he refs our games I know were in for a tough one, i dont know what it is but he is extremely one-sided in his calls against us.

tonight he called 10 fouls on RU, 2 on Wisconsin. Against stephen F austin a team that fouls more than almost anyone in the country the ratio was similar. Hes a smug asshole from the midwest who HATES rutgers. With about 10 mins left in the game there was a foul on wisconsin for a blatant hook and hold on Myles down low. The refs reviewed it, Larry and the other ref had it as a hook and hold, they called over eric curry and he said, “i dont see enough” with a shit look on his face. Whatever the deal is he hates Rutgers and pike needs to say something.

I agree he's terrible but interestingly he could have called Geo for a 10 second call but didn't.

Reactions: Rutgers8086
I agree he's terrible but interestingly he could have called Geo for a 10 second call but didn't.
The play before half geos left arm was literally hooked and he came over to pike and basically said **** off without saying it trying to claim the ball was tipped

Reactions: AD888
referee-eric-curry-is-seen-during-the-illinois-fighting-illini-and-picture-id1089884532

Whenever he refs our games I know were in for a tough one, i dont know what it is but he is extremely one-sided in his calls against us.

tonight he called 10 fouls on RU, 2 on Wisconsin. Against stephen F austin a team that fouls more than almost anyone in the country the ratio was similar. Hes a smug asshole from the midwest who HATES rutgers. With about 10 mins left in the game there was a foul on wisconsin for a blatant hook and hold on Myles down low. The refs reviewed it, Larry and the other ref had it as a hook and hold, they called over eric curry and he said, “i dont see enough” with a shit look on his face. Whatever the deal is he hates Rutgers and pike needs to say something.
Was that you on RSU tonight? If so, I heard you and agreed with you 1000 %. Another ref who kills us is Courtney Green. Larry S showed us respect tonight. I watch the refs very closely every game.

Mini-Bill Clinton was a disaster tonight. Single-handedly kept us from stretching the lead. He was yucking it up all night with the Wisconsin bench. Any question or complaint from our team was met with a sh*t look. When a Wisconsin player chop blocked Johnson in the second half and he called a foul on Johnson, I knew there was no chance we’d get a decent call from this guy. Fully agree with the OP.

Yup that was me. Larry imo is the fairest and best ref in the big ten. I never give him any shit at games, i think hes extremely fair and calls it both ways
Great call. I sit courtside and give hell to the refs who screw us such as Curry and Green. Larry used to give his share of calls against us but he’s been fairer year by year. It’s about refs respecting us which Curry does not. Too much old school in him.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Great call. I sit courtside and give hell to the refs who screw us such as Curry and Green. Larry used to give his share of calls against us but he’s been fairer year by year. It’s about refs respecting us which Curry does not. Too much old school in him.
I mean I get that we're not the engine that drove the 90s and 00s Big East but I've noticed a weird superiority complex from B1G basketball about how much tougher it is in the B1G as if we came straight from the A-10.

That's on the coaches and school. Fans bitching don't mean crap. Until pike and the ad step in nothing will change. You don't think other schools bitch about refs?

Not saying you're wrong. Just it means little coming from fans. Schiano won't put up with this . Pike and CVS need to learn .

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yup that was me. Larry imo is the fairest and best ref in the big ten. I never give him any shit at games, i think hes extremely fair and calls it both ways

Agreed Larry is by far the best of the bunch and a relief to see when he draws an RU assignment. Carstensen isnt terrible either, but then you got some who just make you cringe as you point out when we draw their assignment. Some terrible over the back and soft body calls today.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Guys around me agreed with me as well that Eric Curry really put it to us many times tonight. It was more than obvious. He made some absolutely horrible calls against us. I estimate at least 5 of them. the other two refs were very good. I hope we never see him ref one of our games again.

Last edited:
Agreed Larry is by far the best of the bunch and a relief to see when he draws an RU assignment. Carstensen isnt terrible either, but then you got some who just make you cringe as you point out when we draw their assignment. Some terrible over the back and soft body calls today.
I like midnight oil. Good ref. Nice guy also

Reactions: SirScarlet
I like midnight oil. Good ref. Nice guy also

midnight oil....haha. that guy is the best ref...by far the most fair.

The guy Kyk is talking about is a miserable piece of sh!t son of a b!tch! that guy was DETERMINED to screw us out of the win. I am sitting here with no voice from yelling at him all game.

he is a horrible ref, and I just dont know how the league doesn't look into this.

look, the first couple of years of Greg 1.0, he would send a letter a week to the BE detailing out how they screwed us. If Pike hasn't done that yet...he needs to start. we get fkng SCREWED in virtually every game.

despite the fact that we won, I am still STEAMING over the screw job this guy put in on us. disgraceful.

no, Geo got over the line with time to spare...he actually reminded Geo about the 10 second rule with about 3 seconds to spare...and he was watching his feet like a hawk...you could tell he was just waiting for Geo to not get over in time.

it was close!!

Agreed. As I mentioned in another thread, on the Big10 broadcast, Bartow called out two of his terrible calls on Myles and said Pike should take a technical to protect his big man!

no, Geo got over the line with time to spare...he actually reminded Geo about the 10 second rule with about 3 seconds to spare...and he was watching his feet like a hawk...you could tell he was just waiting for Geo to not get over in time.

it was close!!
There were 18 seconds left when we called a TO. 20 seconds left when he crossed half court. Regardless, glad he didn't call it.

Not only do I agree with you, but I said so during the game. He is a terrible official. He reminds me of officials in the past where they anticipate a call and call a foul that is not even close to being a foul. And if that's not bad enough, many times when they call a foul they're completely out of position to call it.

Sadly, I think we'll see this joke several more times this season. And when we do, I hope Pikiell gets T'd up because he gets in that man's face. The absurdity of his calls (Myles anyone?) reminded me of Higgins.

It's clear Curry is a card-carrying member of the "Rutgers doesn't belong in the B1G" crowd.

And he's going to do whatever he can to make sure Rutgers doesn't sully the league's reputation by actually beating a "real" B1G team.

I was wondering at one point if the guy was wearing a Wisconsin basketball t-shirt under his uniform. It's not like we did not get a couple of calls (Harper mugging a guy for an offensive rebound comes to mind) but it still does not excuse such an obvious disparity.

I was wondering at one point if the guy was wearing a Wisconsin basketball t-shirt under his uniform. It's not like we did not get a couple of calls (Harper mugging a guy for an offensive rebound comes to mind) but it still does not excuse such an obvious disparity.
Ya know what, I thought harper got away with one too, but if you watch the replay, it was clean as could be. It just looked weird.

Couldn't make the RAC last night so I watched the game on TV... one of the things I noticed... when the Badgers were called for fouls a lot of times they looked at the ref and said, "Good call. Good call." They did complain at other times, but I wonder if that's something the refs notice.

Couldn't make the RAC last night so I watched the game on TV... one of the things I noticed... when the Badgers were called for fouls a lot of times they looked at the ref and said, "Good call. Good call." They did complain at other times, but I wonder if that's something the refs notice.

because when Wisconsin fouled us, they WERE good calls ;)

Curry had a running conversation going on with the end of our bench last night.
During a time out, I heard him tell Pike, “if I hear one more word from your bench it’s T time...Pike had to tell the two trainers to calm down.
They were screaming “both ways” loud all night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT