ADVERTISEMENT

We're Going Bowling!!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
First time in 9 years, apart from the somewhat undeserved Gator Bowl 2 years ago. 6-2 and playing with house money the rest of the year. The defense is clearly a top 25 unit and our running game is getting to that level, I think, and our special teams have been above average (especially the last 2 games), but the passing game needs help for us to finish with better than 6 or maybe 7 wins.

But I'll take it after Flood/Ash destroyed much of what Greg built. Yes, it's taken 4 years, but we were at a nadir reminiscent of what we saw after Shea (although at least we were in the B1G and had decent facilities for Greg 2.0), so it's understandable it took awhile. I'm happy, but not satisifed. Can't wait to go to a bowl again, though.

10-pin-bowling-strike.gif

OSU is a near impossible ask for a win, but I think PSU is beatable, if we play perfectly and they make some mistakes. Same with Iowa and MD. Not saying we're going to win any of the last 4, but if we continue to play tough, disciplined, clean football, I think we're going to be in these games and if we're in them, you never know what might happen.

I do think we deserve the bowl two years ago! We were much more responsible and effective dealing with COVID than others team and were able to play every game.

Reactions: BLewis1968
I do think we deserve the bowl two years ago! We were much more responsible and effective dealing with COVID than others team and were able to play every game.
I didn't mean we didn't deserve it over all of the other 5 win teams, because we did for the reasons you noted - I was just talking about it from a football perspective, as 5 win teams just don't belong in bowls, IMO.

Not to be that guy but do all 6 win teams go bowling?
You can’t say ”not to be that guy” and then be that guy. 🙂

I mean, you can. And you did. And, well, so did everybody else that ever started a sentence with “not to be that guy”.

But you shouldn’t. Unless you really feel like doing it. Then it’s okay.

They call me “Mr. Absolutes, Man of Strong Convictions”.

First time in 9 years, apart from the somewhat undeserved Gator Bowl 2 years ago. 6-2 and playing with house money the rest of the year. The defense is clearly a top 25 unit and our running game is getting to that level, I think, and our special teams have been above average (especially the last 2 games), but the passing game needs help for us to finish with better than 6 or maybe 7 wins.

But I'll take it after Flood/Ash destroyed much of what Greg built. Yes, it's taken 4 years, but we were at a nadir reminiscent of what we saw after Shea (although at least we were in the B1G and had decent facilities for Greg 2.0), so it's understandable it took awhile. I'm happy, but not satisifed. Can't wait to go to a bowl again, though.
Hey Everybody Golf GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

With the BIG tie ins - I believe it’s close to matthematically impossible for us to miss. Nobody wants to go to Detroit though so let’s hope we can win another one just in case. I think pin stripe is the worst we would get anyway though.

Reactions: shields
Has a bowl eligible B10 team ever been left out in the cold? I’d guess no.

Usually they’re trying to find enough teams to fill spots rather than too many teams and P5s get left out who want to participate.

We need one more win to qualify for the Las Vegas Bowl! Maybe Iowa or Maryland!
doesnt work that way...bowls are aligned with conference affiliations and bowls do not want repeat bowl eligible teams playing,..even if RU beats Iowa/MD... so based on the big10 affiliation and prior appearances RU would be next up for pinstripe bowl..instead of Music City, Guaranteed Rate or Quick Lane.....

Congrats to the team, they deserve it. Maybe they can get another win, it’s a real gauntlet the rest of the way.

doesn't work that way...bowls are aligned with conference affiliations and bowls do not want repeat bowl eligible teams playing. Even if RU beats Iowa/MD...so based on the big10 affiliation and prior appearances RU would be next up for pinstripe bowl...instead of Music City, Guaranteed Rate or Quick Lane.....
This.

Still bottles (tMB phrase - lol) the Pinstripe is that high on the B1G bowl totem pole.

Last year Minny went at 8-4 and Wisky went to the Guaranteed Rate (old Insight) at 6-6.

Reactions: Pinstripe111323
He would have to be very very good to start. Let him sign and get here first before anointing him as the MAN.

This.

Still bottles (tMB phrase - lol) the Pinstripe is that high on the B1G bowl totem pole.

Last year Minny went at 8-4 and Wisky went to the Guaranteed Rate (old Insight) at 6-6.
agree...not a fan of watching a football game in baseball stadium but it is NYC...would others feel different if this was a Metlife? ...and for RU does heading up the turnpike have that "bowl feeling" of travleing for an away game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT