ADVERTISEMENT

What i Dont get about Ash

Say what you want about his off-field issues, but I would take Kyle Flood as a GAME DAY coach over both Ash or Schiano any day. You can say all you want about winning with Greg's players, but Greg never won with Greg's players

sometimes stupid just advertises itself.

but yet, sometimes stupid is so damn dumb that it needs to be called out further, because it somehow didn't kill itself through its moronic mouth breathing.....

We have ZERO passing attack.

That falls squarely on Ash.

There is no excuse for having such a pathetic passing game.

Maryland is down to their fourth or fifth QB and they can still pass more than 3 yards!

These MAC teams can pass the ball — why the eff can’t we!!??

but yet, sometimes stupid is so damn dumb that it needs to be called out further, because it somehow didn't kill itself through its moronic mouth breathing.....
And sometimes when people don't have a good argument, or any argument at all, they resort to the only thing they know how to do - insult. Flood got what he deserved, but I am interested in the game day areas where Ash has excelled over him.

And sometimes when people don't have a good argument, or any argument at all, they resort to the only thing they know how to do - insult.

My argument is that Flood destroyed the program. It's a tremendous argument. You know how i know? you can't argue against it. he was way worse than Schiano, you know how i know? he failed with Schiano's players, failed with his own, and is a failure coach, while Greg is highly respected. you know how i know? lack of draft picks.

so many arguments. too many arguments....

come at me Mrs. Flood. How's being a failed coach working our for you?

My argument is that Flood destroyed the program. It's a tremendous argument. You know how i know? you can't argue against it. he was way worse than Schiano, you know how i know? he failed with Schiano's players, failed with his own, and is a failure coach, while Greg is highly respected. you know how i know? lack of draft picks.

so many arguments. too many arguments....

come at me Mrs. Flood. How's being a failed coach working our for you?

Once again no arguments. Failed at, highly respected, failure coach, worse than, These are opinions, not arguments, and not supported by any facts during the tenure of both coaches. The only fact you can throw out at me is Flood was fired. Otherwise the only fact that matters is Flood 28 wins in four years, Ash 4 wins in two years. Ash on a seven year pace to catch Flood. Here's another fact - only one of the highly touted freshman who were so much more talented than the players left to Ash has been a significant contributor - and that's Hayek, and Kill is the one who wanted him. Flood should have been fire, no question, but the argument that Ash is superior from a purely football prospective is actually becoming silly.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Once again no arguments. Failed at, highly respected, failure coach, worse than, These are opinions, not arguments, and not supported by any facts during the tenure of both coaches. The only fact you can throw out at me is Flood was fired. Otherwise the only fact that matters is Flood 28 wins in four years, Ash 4 wins in two years. Ash on a seven year pace to catch Flood. Here's another fact - only one of the highly touted freshman who were so much more talented than the players left to Ash has been a significant contributor - and that's Hayek, and Kill is the one who wanted him. Flood should have been fire, no question, but the argument that Ash is superior from a purely football prospective is actually becoming silly.

my point wasn't about ash, he's bad as well...you called out schiano vs. flood...you lose every day....flood fails. flood could't recruit. "diamonds in the rough"....failed failed failed....also failed....ash is recovering from flood's failure, i dislike ash but will give ash that....c'mon lady flood, you know it's true...

We have a garbage QB, and you guys are criticizing the coaching staff for being too conservative lol.

This board, I swear, is filled with some of the lowest IQ fans I've ever seen on a message board.

Terrible thing to say about our student athletes, not something a fan of the team would say but only a troll would. Tell me which qb has improved under this coaching staff?

It happened in the Washington game and i feel like it made a statement - punting from THEIR side of the 40 yard line on 4th and 1. Ash has done it a few times since then, maybe not in as obvious situations, but it shows zero faith in the O-Line and puts the defense on the field more time than necessary if you make the first down

Now, down 27-0, with nothing to lose , we have 4th and 1 from our 30 yard line and Ash is punting. He is basically conceding the game and hoping to keep it from becoming a 50-0 blowout?? What good does that do?? has to be even more demoralizing for the team if the coach is quitting on the game, why should the players continue to play hard. And just like Washington, Indy will probably march down the field for a TD and make the call even more head-scratching

I am all for giving Ash more time to build the program, but decisions like this make it really hard to root for him on Saturdays
4th and 3, down 17 on the 40 he punted as well.

besides not being the most intelligent poster on this board, you clearly lack reading comprehension. I talked about Flood being a better GAME DAY coach than either Schiano or Ash. He had few WTF losses, he motivated his team to play well, the team was actually fun to watch and unlike Ash or even Schiano, they didnt play scared. It wasnt until Schiano was well into his 5th year that he loosened up a little bit - having Teel, Rice and Leonard made it that much easier. Ash is bringing in better talent that we have ever had - partly because we are in the BIG, but he has a two year window at most to fix the offense. 3 years in a row as a laughing stock worst ranked offense in FBS just wont cut it, and no matter what you think he did to the program, Flood put a much better product on the field and would still be coaching today if not for a perfect storm of events that went against him

Ash has 6 wins dude.

This season was about a few wins and no PTSD routs. Going ok imo

Really WTF ?
Any Coach who looks to only win a few games in a season has no business being in this profession.
Ash has proven again and again he has no concept or game plan for an Offense that can compete in CFB.
He recruits and hires the Staff he determines that can get the job done.
Not happening. At $2 million per year anyone with common sense would expect more.
It’s only a matter of time for a change if this is not corrected soon.

Really WTF ?
Any Coach who looks to only win a few games in a season has no business being in this profession.
Ash has proven again and again he has no concept or game plan for an Offense that can compete in CFB.
He recruits and hires the Staff he determines that can get the job done.
Not happening. At $2 million per year anyone with common sense would expect more.
It’s only a matter of time for a change if this is not corrected soon.
Ash doesn't really handle the offense.

Who calls the offensive plays?

You're right though that the buck stops with Ash.
respectfully, respectfully, You Oughta just bow out of this right now. The offense of coordinator goes over the game plan with the head coach before the game. Most if not all head coaches approved. They go through everything from Personnel to what they're trying to do Etc. Ash is an absolute failure to allow this to continue

respectfully, respectfully, You Oughta just bow out of this right now. The offense of coordinator goes over the game plan with the head coach before the game. Most if not all head coaches approved. They go through everything from Personnel to what they're trying to do Etc. Ash is an absolute failure to allow this to continue
Offense of coordinator?

Yes of course they go over the game plan. Ash is also 100% a defensive mind. Hes much much more involved in the defensive gameplan. He defers to Kill the majority of the time in offense. Kills gameplan also won us 3 Big Ten games this year.

Offense of coordinator?

Yes of course they go over the game plan. Ash is also 100% a defensive mind. Hes much much more involved in the defensive gameplan. He defers to Kill the majority of the time in offense. Kills gameplan also won us 3 Big Ten games this year.

You're embarrassing yourself - just stop

If you can explain how Jerry Kill won the Purdue game I will buy you season tickets next year

Who's job is it to recruit the talent at QB?

Last I checked, the entire coaching staff is involved with recruiting. Typically the OC goes after the QB, I believe?

What's your point here? We don't have a capable upperclassman QB because Flood and his revolving door of subpar OCs couldn't bring in a quality QB.

Ash and co. have brought in the best QBs we seen in a long time.

Terrible thing to say about our student athletes, not something a fan of the team would say but only a troll would. Tell me which qb has improved under this coaching staff?

Ironic, really, calling me a troll wouldn't you say?

Gio's a great kid, he's a gamer, but he's not a good QB. What else can we say?

Are you blaming this coaching staff for not bringing their only quality QB recruit along quick enough? True-freshman QBs take time to develop man, use your noggin.

But if you're going to blame this coaching staff for not making the suspect QBs that were brought in under the previous regime better... I don't know what to tell you. What the hell do you expect them to do with the likes of Laviano, Rettig, and Gio? All three were bad QBs.

You're embarrassing yourself - just stop

If you can explain how Jerry Kill won the Purdue game I will buy you season tickets next year
How many turnovers did we have that game?

How many did Purdue have?

That was the difference. Conservative play calling won us that game.

Can I have my tickets on the West side of the stadium near the 40 yard line?

Reactions: RURahh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT