ADVERTISEMENT

GW : the plays causing the disconnect between fans

nutfromSEC117

All American
Nov 2, 2002
Many plays just few that are the causing the biggest difference in opinion

Missing Dremel 15 yards in clear vs Ohio st (some BS about being to slow )

Not seeing Dremel 15 yards in clear vs Maryland (more and bigger BS about Being too short )

PSU. 2 slants to Washington.

Some see 10 yard gains
Some see 1 ball behind WR leaving no possible YAC and one ball low causing WR to slide, also no chance for YAC. One of these had huge play potential with open middle of field.

PSU to strong . Some see 15 yard gain

Some see pass 4 yards too high , strong had to jump like Dwight Clark to make catch , middle of field was wide open , lost chance at big play

PSU. Made 2 -3 reads to his left , not open , waited another second , slow to move forward , Chance for a 7+ yard burst up middle lost. Tackled for no gain

Maryland. First pass of game horrendous

Maryland Pass over middle to Jackson, high , hit his hands , but he has to reach over his head …hit him in the chest , no one in middle of field

Maryland …Had Washington open deep several times , just throw damn ball in bounds , no chance for pi or a catch

Goal line Pass to bowman behind him. Lost a chance for walk in TD. Saved by 4th down lob pass for young TD

Please please stop thinking the power sweep keeper is the same as a RPO keeper

No QB is perfect, so some of the 'bad' plays are expected. Yesterday even I was frustrated at the missed passes and I'm in the group that thinks GW can be great. Schiano didn't say it but there will be a QB competition next year.

No QB is perfect but 13-34 is only good if Gavin was playing second base.

He will be better next year , but rightly so I’m worried it still won’t be good enough

Not all passes are intended to be beauties
If a QB hits a WR in the numbers every throw it helps the DBs
QB is supposed to put ball where WR has best chance and DB the worst chance.
If you have WRs who cant jump, who have short arms, who body catch, who cant boss contested balls - then you'll always be weak.

Everybody knows Wimsatt throws high too often (and he hangs longer balls) but the WRs aren't much help (Washington had a great catch vs Terps though).
The longer passes are hard at RU but you need them to spread defense (Ohio St always has a 9 route flier).
RU has no real playmaker at WR and GS know it a long time now.
With RU receivers, this pass is an INT but Travis Hunter goes up like Michael

i9knhu4.gif

Not all passes are intended to be beauties
If a QB hits a WR in the numbers every throw it helps the DBs
QB is supposed to put ball where WR has best chance and DB the worst chance.
If you have WRs who cant jump, who have short arms, who body catch, who cant boss contested balls - then you'll always be weak.

Everybody knows Wimsatt throws high too often (and he hangs longer balls) but the WRs aren't much help (Washington had a great catch vs Terps though).
The longer passes are hard at RU but you need them to spread defense (Ohio St always has a 9 route flier).
RU has no real playmaker at WR and GS know it a long time now.
With RU receivers, this pass is an INT but Travis Hunter goes up like Michael

i9knhu4.gif
If you think he's putting the ball in awkward catching positions on purpose I don't even know what to say. He's horribly inaccurate and horribly wrong with pace and horribly wrong with seeing the open man. Great QB's put the ball in windows, that's not what we're seeing here...EVER.

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT