ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm Hearing

have to talk about something, sorry nothing against Batie but when he plays 15 minutes we are in trouble. Maybe BAC can play next?

BK, what can you say about weight training program? I watch these other Big ten teams and they are huge. Foreman is a junior next year and he needs to be bigger. Any insight would be appreciated.

Can anyone comment on the Columbia hoops program? Their coach Kyle Smith and his staff have done a solid job. Smith was a long-time assistant at St. Marys (CA). The Columbia staff includes NYC native and former North Carolina player Derrick Phelps. Columbia's overall record during Smith's tenure is good and they've given fits to high profile programs (Kentucky, Villanova).

Can anyone comment on the Columbia hoops program? Their coach Kyle Smith and his staff have done a solid job. Smith was a long-time assistant at St. Marys (CA). The Columbia staff includes NYC native and former North Carolina player Derrick Phelps. Columbia's overall record during Smith's tenure is good and they've given fits to high profile programs (Kentucky, Villanova).

Mr. Twister - in the last several years Columbia has brought in better recruits. They also have a couple of seniors who have a lot of experience and have excellent leadership skills. Smith may turn out to be similar to Brett Boretti, the outstanding young baseball coach. Both are well regarded and are able to navigate the difficulties inherent with sports at Columbia. It just has not been a place where sports has been valued over the years. Smith and his staff have done a really nice job. Hopefully they will remain with the program for some time.

This thread is patently absurd and enormous waste of time...just my 2 cents

eh, not cool BK. I know you are a supporter through and through, but if you're going to drop a post like this, I think given your 'position' you need to be more clear. Is it a waste of time because you dont think the names being thrown around are accurate? you think its a waste of time because you dont believe EJ is going anywhere? Something else?

Please add to the discussion

Personally, EJ is a major car wreck. And I hope we part ways at the end of this season (or sooner). This parting cant come soon enough. I will think Eddie for his efforts and wish him well.

But I will tell you what a waste of time is in my mind: continuing to support Eddie. (and this is coming from someone who still comes to the games and cheers for RU and our kids...so dont mistake my comment for abandoning the kids...I am stating that I no longer support the Head Coach)

eh, not cool BK. I know you are a supporter through and through, but if you're going to drop a post like this, I think given your 'position' you need to be more clear. Is it a waste of time because you dont think the names being thrown around are accurate? you think its a waste of time because you dont believe EJ is going anywhere? Something else?

Please add to the discussion

Personally, EJ is a major car wreck. And I hope we part ways at the end of this season (or sooner). This parting cant come soon enough. I will think Eddie for his efforts and wish him well.

But I will tell you what a waste of time is in my mind: continuing to support Eddie. (and this is coming from someone who still comes to the games and cheers for RU and our kids...so dont mistake my comment for abandoning the kids...I am stating that I no longer support the Head Coach)
We are 3 spots away from #300 in Ken Pom. I am sorry, if we aren't discussing the coaches future on a message board with that set up you might as well close this thing down.

We are 3 spots away from #300 in Ken Pom. I am sorry, if we aren't discussing the coaches future on a message board with that set up you might as well close this thing down.

were you intending to reply to me?

if you've followed my posts, I have been advocating ejecting Eddie about 10 games in this season...so you'll get no argument from me. My post was for BK...

were you intending to reply to me?

if you've followed my posts, I have been advocating ejecting Eddie about 10 games in this season...so you'll get no argument from me. My post was for BK...
Not at all. I was agreeing with you

Reactions: SirScarlet
the numbers speak for themselves. You can bring up bad luck, injuries, Rice, etc all you want but the bottom line is that its not working out here. Are Eddie supporters really afraid we are going to miss out on something?

Cleveland State is 6-21 this year but they STILL have better rpi numbers than RU..grasp that.

RU is 5-21...yes Im not counting that silly D3 game. Here is the rpis of those schools

251. FDU
258. UMass Lowell
320. Central Akansas
328. Howard
351. Central Connecticut State

note that Rutgers is rated 272....wrap your arms around the fact that RU is BEHIND UMass Lowell despite that program being a recent addition to D1.

BY ANY METRIC JORDAN IS DOING A HIDEOUS JOB...you cant even defend it with a straight face

the numbers speak for themselves. You can bring up bad luck, injuries, Rice, etc all you want but the bottom line is that its not working out here. Are Eddie supporters really afraid we are going to miss out on something?

Cleveland State is 6-21 this year but they STILL have better rpi numbers than RU..grasp that.

RU is 5-21...yes Im not counting that silly D3 game. Here is the rpis of those schools

251. FDU
258. UMass Lowell
320. Central Akansas
328. Howard

note that Rutgers is rated 272....wrap your arms around the fact that RU is BEHIND UMass Lowell despite that program being a recent addition to D1.

BY ANY METRIC JORDAN IS DOING A HIDEOUS JOB...you cant even defend it with a straight face

For those supporting the current staff, this is cold reality.

This thread is patently absurd and enormous waste of time...just my 2 cents

Two things in this two cents: "patently absurd" and "enormous waste of time."

If patently absurd means that fans discussing potential replacements for the RU basketball coach, the notion that that isn't a relevant topic given the program's situation is absurd, either with a patent or patent-pending.

If enormous wast of time means that none of this discussion means anything because we're just fans throwing around ideas, well, yeah. It's meaningless, in fact. But welcome to the world of a sports message board, which you moderate by the way. Take meaningless chats away, and you have nothing here.

KenPom overall ratings through yesterday's games now show RU at 294.
BTW, Central CT is still firmly entrenched at 351 (out of 351), so I don't think we're in jeopardy of being labeled the worst in D1....yet

Behind UMASS Lowell and we beat them, sorry that is a silly rating. But I get the point.

I'm sure that a couple months ago there a lot of experts who told Jeb that the concept of Trump winning in South Carolina was patently absurd. And six months ago, Bill probably told Hilary that worrying about Bernie was an enormous waste of time.

Sorry, just because someone is tight an insider with the program, means squat. Hobbs is going to do what he needs to do. Other than the suspensions, every other reason to fire Eddie existed before Freeman went down -- whiffing in November, struggling with a hand-picked OOC of the dregs of Kenpom, hiring a bunch of lightweights as assistants. You name it, the incompetence was all there for the new AD to review.

Reactions: ruman
I don't even get upset at 118 anymore. We could lose 100 Big Ten games in a row and he'd still support the head coach - publicly at least.

Guy ain't changing, so why bother getting irritated. Luckily, Pat Hobbs could give a sh*t what 118 thinks and he's going to try to clean up this mess.

251. FDU
258. UMass Lowell
320. Central Akansas
328. Howard

I think you're using older numbers - from what I see on the kenpom site right now:

288. FDU
297. Central Akansas
305. UMass Lowell
330. Howard

And we're at 294.

Cleveland State is now 8-20 and is 299.

I put no stock in Kenpom. We beat FDU by 8 and Mass-Lowell by 23 and are behind both. They both play nobody but yet move ahead of us.

FDU is 13-14 and just 6 spots ahead of us. They are the best team we've beaten.
UMass-Lowell is 11-17 and 11 spots behind us. They are the third best team we've beaten.

I can go and check, but I can almost guarantee you both have a better signature win than we do.

I will answer for a bk. he is saying it is a pointless thread because EJ is coming back next season. As I have said before there is no chance he is fired.

I will answer for a bk. he is saying it is a pointless thread because EJ is coming back next season. As I have said before there is no chance he is fired.
You and Pat Hobbs close friends? Many many said the same on the football board in late Nov.

I put no stock in Kenpom. We beat FDU by 8 and Mass-Lowell by 23 and are behind both. They both play nobody but yet move ahead of us.
You and Pat Hobbs close friends? Many many said the same on the football board in late Nov.

Of course they would say that. They don't want kids and prospective recruits worrying about the HC.

Keeping one of the worst P5 coaches in recent memory for another year and more money would be another rusty nail in basketballs coffin.

If

251. FDU
258. UMass Lowell
320. Central Akansas
328. Howard

Even someone like you, when your half brain is not shouting from the mountain tops, Eddie has to go, must have the other half of your brain, should be able to understand Calipari, Coach K and Larry Brown could not do better with this roster!!

If

Even someone like you, when your half brain is not shouting from the mountain tops, Eddie has to go, must have the other half of your brain, should be able to understand Calipari, Coach K and Larry Brown could not do better with this roster!!

Yes they could. They'd win a game or two and the defend the hell out of the opposition so every game wouldn't be a blowout. Would they be over .500? No. Would they have more than 2 conference wins? Unlikely. But better than this disaster? Absolutely.

Yes they could. They'd win a game or two and the defend the hell out of the opposition so every game wouldn't be a blowout. Would they be over .500? No. Would they have more than 2 conference wins? Unlikely. But better than this disaster? Absolutely.
So those great coaches get us 2 conference wins! Wow!! That moves us to 275 in kenpom! That is just great. You cannot make this stuff up!!!LOL!!

If

Sure they would. Mike Rice won with less talent here.

So those great coaches get us 2 conference wins! Wow!! That moves us to 275 in kenpom! That is just great. You cannot make this stuff up!!!LOL!!

You stated they would not do betterr. They would. These coaches would coach circles around Eddie. Don't move the goalposts on your statement. Eddie is not the guy. He won't be next year either, even with a full roster.

If

It's eddies roster

There's no sense of urgency with Eddie. Does he know HCs are out recruiting today? Is he? Or is he shopping for another sharp suit for game day?

Reactions: RutgersYay
There's no sense of urgency with Eddie. Does he know HCs are out recruiting today? Is he? Or is he shopping for another sharp suit for game day?

Eddie has made it ok to lose here. Throws post game press conference parades after losing by ten.

You stated they would not do betterr. They would. These coaches would coach circles around Eddie. Don't move the goalposts on your statement. Eddie is not the guy. He won't be next year either, even with a full roster.
So if Corey hits the foul shot against Illinois and Ru beats Minnesota in the finale, he gets 2 wins as well. So where is the improvement?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT