ADVERTISEMENT

What is Chris Ash's Vision??

I get what you’re saying but I have ADHD and just thinking about all of these posts gives me hives. No way I can read them all.
I'll summarize for you.
Some vocal minority posters- Ash sucks.
A majority of posters- Ash is doing fine, admitting that he has done some things not up to snuff, but they are cutting him some slack since he made mistakes as a rookie.

This third year is key to him showing progress. Most agree that at least 5 wins is a must, and some say nothing less than 6 wins.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Lus, that ‘Leonard’ point was completely off the mark and a red herring for reasons already discussed. You guys don’t like Ash. That’s fine, but there’s plenty of good points to make without resorting to complete bulls*** or misleading stuff (in 2014 Michigan and PSU were in disarray; how’d everything turn out the very next year in the division since everything was a-ok?)

Joe P.

I'm not a huge fan of Ash, no .but you are throwing red herrings yourself. How was Michigan State the last 2 years? Was michigan great last year? How unbeatable was Iowa two years ago? Each year teams will be up and down. The guy I was quoting said that the reason we can't have decent season for a decade is bc we were built for the AAC and the culture sucked .so Ash needs 10 years of culture In order to get us competitive. I called bull bc we were competitive in 2014 even with the supposed aac program and the worst coach to ever touch a program who single handedly in two years made us by far the team most devoid of "culture" in the history of winning culture. LoL.

Truth is, as I keep saying, no one knows. Both sides have points. But the Ash culture argument is not the silver bullet to make all counter-points invalid.

I'll summarize for you.
Some vocal minority posters- Ash sucks.
A majority of posters- Ash is doing fine, admitting that he has done some things not up to snuff, but they are cutting him some slack since he made mistakes as a rookie.

This third year is key to him showing progress. Most agree that at least 5 wins is a must, and some say nothing less than 6 wins.

Hopefully, for all our sakes, we get those wins. If we don't though, I ha e no doubt that many will keep making excuses and moving the goal posts. Not a doubt at all .

You’re misreading me. I think there’s plenty of valid criticism for Ash; I just don’t see much of it in this thread. You wanna argue that his marketing/ identity of the program has been off, he should have emphasized the positive more, he bungled the O for the first 2 years, recruiting Georgia was a mistake, it’s taking him longer than expected to get certain things going, you’d get no protest from me...but people here are reinventing history, acting like we were headed in the right direction before ‘do nothing right Ash’ came and ruined it all, and Schiano nailed it all down from the word ‘go’. That’s complete and utter bulls*** and some here are touting it as genius. Hell, last month Windsock Al was talking about how Schiano was getting all these top NJ prospects right from the start (NOT TRUE) to get us to the postseason, and I was pointing out that it was plenty of FL and NY that got us over the Bowl game hump; now this month it’s all about how Ash should have been recruiting Florida to win like Schiano did.

Joe P.

Dude literally no one is saying that. Everyone is saying the things you said you are ok with.

We all keep discussing marketing/identity of program, recruiting, offensive blunders.

I have seen maybe 2 people on my history if this board acting like Ash ruined a great thing .Those two are flood lackeys. If ppl are saying that killing off "chop" and dulling down the programs image was a bad idea...I have to agree with them. But that goes directly to marketing and program image .

Lol...the next time im wrong on this board will be the first.

He's barely regarded in state
Recruiting is marginal
Can't coach or make adjustments game day
Seemingly can't hire competent coaches
Can't sell a vision much less find one
I could go on

We'll be paying him to sit home before his contract is up

Guy simply cannot coach
Well I will be damned. Hatinring said next time I'm wrong on this board will be my first. No sooner did he say that and he continued post with a bunch of bull crap comments that are wrong. That's got to be a record for proving one self right. I guess you can say he killed 2 birds with one post. Nice job. Hat

Reactions: JoeRU0304
He's lucid again, and I love it.

Ash never built a B1G program. He was on the staff for a few years. We are all well aware of the culture change and we've discussed it ad nauseum. Everyone knows that is Ash's main idea/plan/goal..but so far it isn't showing results YET. Will it? I don't know. But part of changing the culture and creating a competitive program should be getting better Jimmie's and Joe's in the building. recruiting has not been great and guys like Bailey have proven to have similar problems to other kids we have seen. So I question how far this "culture" thing goes with just bland uniforms, mantras, and better eating. It is the foundation, sure. But is it the be all end all of the program being competitive?

In 2014 we went bowling and won, had a winning season, and played ok with our division aside from a team or two. That was with the "AAC program" and without the benefit of 2 years of Ash's culture....so something is not quite computing. Yes it was a down year, but you are saying no matter what, we need 10 years to even do that again...be competitive and have a winning season.

I've said from the beginning, Ash's perception of RU was that of a typical "big time" midwestern guy who doesn't know much or respect much about RU or northeastern football. HE said we were such a piece of crap that he had to change the culture. But maybe his culture ain't what is gonna work here.
How can you possibly justify saying that Ash didn't respect RU. He took the f-ing job. And for what its worth Schiano said when he got here we didn't have 5 D-1 players on the roster. Also I haven't seen anyone say it would take 10 years
We will see. No, I don't think Ash needs 10 years for us to have an inkling if he will get it done or not.

Hopefully, for all our sakes, we get those wins. If we don't though, I ha e no doubt that many will keep making excuses and moving the goal posts. Not a doubt at all .
Nobody is making any excuses or moving any goal posts.
5 wins this season would have been great. EMU was a WTF game that killed that opportunity.

As for 2018, Texas St., Kansas, Buffalo and Illinois are must win games.
As far as picking up 2 more, we need to beat least 2 of Maryland, Indiana, Michigan and Northwestern.

The rest of the schedule will be brutal: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan State

Last edited:
I doubt anyone knew who Leonard (NY BTW) was as a true frosh in 2002 and he was originally recruited as a linebacker. He got thrown in at RB in practice in 2003 because the other RB’s kept either fumbling or pissing Schiano off, so he did it originally to shake the other kids up a bit, not out of a stroke of genius. You can also thank Shea for sticking through with Nate Leonard after he got hurt, because that was one of the big reasons Leonard ended up at Rutgers and not cuse.

It was evident AFTER year 3 the talent was ‘getting better’, not BEFORE it. Stop being intentionally misleading. I also think it’s hysterical you’re harping on FL recruitung this month where last month I made the argument that Schiano largely cracked the NJ code by winning with FL/NY talent first and you were all “no, no, no, that wasn’t it”. Also, PSU pays their HC 5-6 mil and coordinators 1 mil. It’s a different element when you can do that.

Joe P.

From day one, Schiano laid out a clear vision and recruiting strategy. He was going to win Championships, recruit the State of Rutgers and Florida. Now many laughed, but at least people knew the direction of the program, and this gave many in the fanbase comfort that he had the correct strategy for success. That's why I always knew Schiano would turn Rutgers around, because when you have a good strategy, the only variable left is time. He also had coordinators that had tons of experience. Paul Ferraro was the DC and Bill Cubit, who had tons of experience, was the OC. Just like Schiano, James Franklin has a clear vision and value proposition, which has helped facilitate Penn States success, in addition to the factors you mentioned.

But more importantly, Schiano executed the strategy, landing Rikki Cook and beat Notre Dame for Brad Cunningham. So we could see the talent getting better during schiano's first signing day, as Rutgers hadn't been able to land this caliber of recruit previously.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...aching-staff-greg-schiano-chris-ash/79030258/

"
So when Schiano, a then-34-year-old Ramapo native, called an on-campus meeting of the top 35 recruits in the state and then-Rutgers sophomore Raheem Orr of Elizabeth delivered an impassioned player-to-player plea, minds started changing.
“I made my decision off that idea,” offensive lineman Sameeh McDonald said. “He said, ‘You are from Elizabeth. Would you go play for Union High School? You are from Newark. Would you go play for Irvington High School?’ You wouldn’t. You want to rep your neighborhood.

“Well, this is your neighborhood. If you want to rep your neighborhood then you rep Rutgers. You don’t have any roots in Michigan. He put the emphasis on putting your hometown on the map. He didn’t say state university. He made it seem like Rutgers was your town.”

In regards to Brian Leonard, your doubts mean nothing. Everybody who frequently posted on this site in 2002, knew who Brian Leonard was, even as a freshman, was because landing him was one of the biggest recruiting coups of the Schiano era. It also helped that his family members used to post. We beat Syracuse, Penn State, and Notre Dame for him, and that was one of the few times where we beat those schools for a recruit. Expectations were high, and I and many others felt he had NFL potential, day 1.

There used to be a lot of back and forth between Rutgers and Syracuse fans, with Brian Leonards recruitment provoking some of the most spirited, and meanest exchanges. The Syracuse fans were so incensed at losing him, one of my favorite SU posters, PhatOrange, referred to him as "a slow white running back". That was one of the few times, we got to "stick it to them". Later when Rutgers beat Syracuse 24-7, one of Brian Leonards family members asked Phatty "Hey Phatty, what do you think about Rutgers slow white running back", or something to that affect. Good Times.

Whatever Brian Leonard's motivation were, are not important. Schiano landed him, period, end of story, and he helped lead Rutgers from the bottom of college football to near the top in 2006, which was a tremendous accomplishment.

Who is Brian Leonard on today's roster? In 2002, we knew. Today, which is part of year 3 of the Chris Ash era, I hope someone emerges.

Last edited:
The first Schiano recruiting class that matched Ash's 2017 recruiting class was 2007.

From 2000 to 2006, Schiano's recruiting classes more closely resembled Ash's 2018 class.

So, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????!!

By the way, you felt like you've thrown your tickets away the last three years? What about from 2013 to 2015? Did you feel the same way then when the program was in much much worse situation?

........ the truth comes out regarding Al, the great "Rutgers fan."

Some fan you are, that you can't even see good things happening to the program. You have joined the sentiments of your tailgate crew, who we all know have hated Ash from the get go and have never given him a fair shake. At every turn, at every opportunity, they look for a chance to slam the guy. Just look at the latest narrative after Henry Baker left.

Now that we all know your TRUE COLORS, when the season starts, you better not come on here with your outlandish predictions about how we will beat Ohio State or Penn State or how Blackshear is the next Ray Rice or how McNulty is having the effect like Fridge or how Nunzio is Hafley on steroids. Don't come here with that LOOK AT ME CRAP.

............ oh, and you really think we lost to Indiana because of Ash's recruiting? WOW, just WOW.

I'm glad Ash's 2017 class is equivalent to Schiano's 2007 class, because we've made 17 years of progress. Our facilities are much better than they were previously. Now if only Ash's 2018 class were more similar to Ash's 2017 class, we'd all be happy campers, and no one would be complaining about Ashs recruiting. He's got to do better with the 2019 class.

As a matter of fact, I do think that McNulty will have the Joe Moorhead effect on the Rutgers offense. And I do think our offense will be much better this year, than last year. Hiring McNulty is probably one of the best decisions Ash has ever made, so I'm happy to give credit where I think its due.

I'm willing to give Ash a fair shake. But that doesn't mean I'm going to refrain from expressing concerns, have blind faith, and stick my head in the sand till the end of year 5, which is what many seem to want.

I’m willing to give Ash a fair shake. But that doesn't mean I'm going to refrain from expressing concerns, have blind faith, and stick my head in the sand till the end of year 5, which is what many seem to want.

Hmm.
No blind faith, etc.

Guess the old Al is dead.

Chris Ash's vision is to put a smart and hard-playing football team on the field in the best conference in the country. He does not have great resources with which to accomplish that. But he seems to be attending to all aspects of the team. This year's hires, with a limited budget are impressive. It's going to be a bit of a slog, but he is the kind of guy, who if we can get to the 8-4 level, will keep us at the 8-4 level with a shot to do better.

Schiano was 3-20 after two years, and was not playing in the toughest division in football. Ash may not make it there; he has weaknesses. But what I see is him working on those weaknesses and building on strengths wherever he can. He appears to me to be tireless, dedicated, and honest. I could be wrong in my perception, but if correct, I'll take that for the next four years or so.

Holy crap with the revisionist history. No comparison to what gs started with and as all know, I couldn't stand the guy. also, be had Miami, vt, sarah, and bc which were always ranked and playing in bowls.

I'm glad Ash's 2017 class is equivalent to Schiano's 2007 class, because we've made 17 years of progress. Our facilities are much better than they were previously. Now if only Ash's 2018 class were more similar to Ash's 2017 class, we'd all be happy campers, and no one would be complaining about Ashs recruiting. He's got to do better with the 2019 class.

As a matter of fact, I do think that McNulty will have the Joe Moorhead effect on the Rutgers offense. And I do think our offense will be much better this year, than last year. Hiring McNulty is probably one of the best decisions Ash has ever made, so I'm happy to give credit where I think its due.

I'm willing to give Ash a fair shake. But that doesn't mean I'm going to refrain from expressing concerns, have blind faith, and stick my head in the sand till the end of year 5, which is what many seem to want.
3 yrs to hire a competent oc yet no one is worried

I wanna work for You guys

From day one, Schiano laid out a clear vision and recruiting strategy. He was going to win Championships, recruit the State of Rutgers and Florida. Now many laughed, but at least people knew the direction of the program, and this gave many in the fanbase comfort that he had the correct strategy for success. That's why I always knew Schiano would turn Rutgers around, because when you have a good strategy, the only variable left is time. He also had coordinators that had tons of experience. Paul Ferraro was the DC and Bill Cubit, who had tons of experience, was the OC. Just like Schiano, James Franklin has a clear vision and value proposition, which has helped facilitate Penn States success, in addition to the factors you mentioned.

But more importantly, Schiano executed the strategy, landing Rikki Cook and beat Notre Dame for Brad Cunningham. So we could see the talent getting better during schiano's first signing day, as Rutgers hadn't been able to land this caliber of recruit previously.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...aching-staff-greg-schiano-chris-ash/79030258/

"
So when Schiano, a then-34-year-old Ramapo native, called an on-campus meeting of the top 35 recruits in the state and then-Rutgers sophomore Raheem Orr of Elizabeth delivered an impassioned player-to-player plea, minds started changing.
“I made my decision off that idea,” offensive lineman Sameeh McDonald said. “He said, ‘You are from Elizabeth. Would you go play for Union High School? You are from Newark. Would you go play for Irvington High School?’ You wouldn’t. You want to rep your neighborhood.

“Well, this is your neighborhood. If you want to rep your neighborhood then you rep Rutgers. You don’t have any roots in Michigan. He put the emphasis on putting your hometown on the map. He didn’t say state university. He made it seem like Rutgers was your town.”

In regards to Brian Leonard, your doubts mean nothing. Everybody who frequently posted on this site in 2002, knew who Brian Leonard was, even as a freshman, was because landing him was one of the biggest recruiting coups of the Schiano era. It also helped that his family members used to post. We beat Syracuse, Penn State, and Notre Dame for him, and that was one of the few times where we beat those schools for a recruit. Expectations were high, and I and many others felt he had NFL potential, day 1.

There used to be a lot of back and forth between Rutgers and Syracuse fans, with Brian Leonards recruitment provoking some of the most spirited, and meanest exchanges. The Syracuse fans were so incensed at losing him, one of my favorite SU posters, PhatOrange, referred to him as "a slow white running back". That was one of the few times, we got to "stick it to them". Later when Rutgers beat Syracuse 24-7, one of Brian Leonards family members asked Phatty "Hey Phatty, what do you think about Rutgers slow white running back", or something to that affect. Good Times.

Whatever Brian Leonard's motivation were, are not important. Schiano landed him, period, end of story, and he helped lead Rutgers from the bottom of college football to near the top in 2006, which was a tremendous accomplishment.

Who is Brian Leonard on today's roster? In 2002, we knew. Today, which is part of year 3 of the Chris Ash era, I hope someone emerges.

Spot on..
Thread end

He appears to me to be tireless, dedicated, and honest. I could be wrong in my perception, but if correct, I'll take that for the next four years or so.

No one is questioning his tirelessness, dedication, or honesty, which is there in spades. Its not enough to work hard. Donkeys work hard. He's got to work smarter, so that he can ultimately show results.

That starts with a more effective message that will inspire fans and recruits, so that for example, more of NJ's best will be compelled to attend Rutgers Junior Day, like the Ronnie Hickman's and Antonio Alfano's, who skipped it. "The Hunt" has fallen flat, imo.

We have 1 signee in three years of effort recruiting Ohio, likely because midwest recruits prefer midwest schools. IMO, reallocate that effort to Florida, where the previous staff showed a better Return on Investment in the form of current starter Wharton and previous starters Grant and Applefield.

No one is questioning his tirelessness, dedication, or honesty, which is there in spades. Its not enough to work hard. Donkeys work hard. He's got to work smarter, so that he can ultimately show results.

That starts with a more effective message that will inspire fans and recruits, so that for example, more of NJ's best will be compelled to attend Rutgers Junior Day, like the Ronnie Hickman's and Antonio Alfano's, who skipped it. "The Hunt" has fallen flat, imo.

We have 1 signee in three years of effort recruiting Ohio, likely because midwest recruits prefer midwest schools. IMO, reallocate that effort to Florida, where the previous staff showed a better Return on Investment in the form of current starter Wharton and previous starters Grant and Applefield.

How about responding to this Al instead of beating your drum of negativity, or do you hate facts instead of opinions:
247 Rankings:
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=NJ
Daevon Robinson #8
Isaih Pacheco #9
Eddie Lewis is #17

And don't forget that Artur Sitkowski is a New Jersey recruit. He should not be listed under Florida. Under 247 rankings he would be the #10 or 11 recruit in the State of NJ.
Rivals:
You do realize that the #10 ranked kid in the Rivals NJ list is a 5.7, and so are Robinson and Sitkowski? Rutgers also picked up Lacewell from Staten Island, another 5.7, and #4 in the State of New York.

But you don't seem to like or even acknowledge these facts because they make Ash look good and you are too busy pissing over your own inflated opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of Ash, no .but you are throwing red herrings yourself. How was Michigan State the last 2 years? Was michigan great last year? How unbeatable was Iowa two years ago? Each year teams will be up and down. The guy I was quoting said that the reason we can't have decent season for a decade is bc we were built for the AAC and the culture sucked .so Ash needs 10 years of culture In order to get us competitive. I called bull bc we were competitive in 2014 even with the supposed aac program and the worst coach to ever touch a program who single handedly in two years made us by far the team most devoid of "culture" in the history of winning culture. LoL.

Truth is, as I keep saying, no one knows. Both sides have points. But the Ash culture argument is not the silver bullet to make all counter-points invalid.

The reasons for me making such points is that we are dealing with an entirely different animal in the BIG. I have many of the concerns you do. However, within conference, we are, for the most part, after the same recruits as the other schools.

Moving on to the field, both sides of said competitors are now filled with 4* and 5* recruits, which RU just lost. At this level, stars do matter. Flaws are magnified bigger than ever. OSU and PSU got 38 4* and 5* star recruits, just this cycle. It is very difficult to compete with that. Thus, the lopsided scores prevail and perception is weakened.

While unfortunate, 4 losses can almost certainly be penciled in right off the bat. The perception of those who don't follow or are ocassional fans of RU football see the record. While the facilities are much improved since the 2000s, they are still nowhere near these 4 schools. The bottom line, is that RU can be a tough sell in the BIG, while not so much in the big east 2.0/AAC; different players, different opponents, different recruiting areas.

It basically comes down to this, and progresses further into all areas: If I am a national recruit's parent, and i barely know of RU football aside from its recent bad history on/off the field, would you take a gamble by committing there? Or go to a program that has a good track record of winning and developing players? Because this is what we have seen thus far. At this level in the BIG, national recruits are the norm, not the exception it was in the big east 2.0 or AAC.

This is why it will take 5-10 years. This includes getting higher 3* and occasional 4* talent (which we are starting to do). Beating the teams we should, competing and eventually consistently beating lower and mid tier. BIG teams (starting to). This breeds a winning culture and heightened positive external perception. Leads to higher exposure and buzz. Program moves along. Gets even better recruits, more wins, more competitive with the top tier BIG. This is the 5-10 year model.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetFire JP
. . . .

I agree, we shouldn't be wasting time recruiting Ohio. There are a cluster of FBS programs throughout that state and the surrounding area. Top Ohio kids have plenty of options if they want to play in the B1G that are closer to home and don't get slaughtered by OSU every year. What Ohio kid wants to go back to his home state and play in front of family and friends knowing that his team is likely to get spanked.

Reactions: rutgersal
How about responding to this Al instead of beating your drum of negativity, or do you hate facts instead of opinions:
247 Rankings:
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=NJ
Daevon Robinson #8
Isaih Pacheco #9
Eddie Lewis is #17

And don't forget that Artur Sitkowski is a New Jersey recruit. He should not be listed under Florida. Under 247 rankings he would be the #10 or 11 recruit in the State of NJ.
Rivals:
You do realize that the #10 ranked kid in the Rivals NJ list is a 5.7, and so are Robinson and Sitkowski? Rutgers also picked up Lacewell from Staten Island, another 5.7, and #4 in the State of New York.

But you don't seem to like or even acknowledge these facts because they make Ash look good and you are too busy pissing over your own inflated opinion.

I love the Jersey recruits. would have loved to have more of them. way too few, imo.

I love the Jersey recruits. would have loved to have more of them. way too few, imo.
But you guys are crying about lack of Top 10/Top 15 recruits.

We got 3 top 10 players according to 247 (including Sitkowski), and Lacewell is a Staten Island resident, which is practically NJ-- that's 4 top 10. If you don't want to include Sitkowski as NJ, then he is Florida, so you have a Florida kid.

Nothing satisfies some of you people.

While unfortunate, 4 losses can almost certainly be penciled in right off the bat.

Give us a competent quarterback and WRs and we won't have 4 guaranteed losses. We beat Michigan in 2014 and should have beaten PSU. Haven't adequately replaced Nova yet.

Dude literally no one is saying that. Everyone is saying the things you said you are ok with.

We all keep discussing marketing/identity of program, recruiting, offensive blunders.

I have seen maybe 2 people on my history if this board acting like Ash ruined a great thing .Those two are flood lackeys. If ppl are saying that killing off "chop" and dulling down the programs image was a bad idea...I have to agree with them. But that goes directly to marketing and program image .

I ain’t going back and counting but Id bet it’s more than 2. Al mixes good points with bulls*** and like I said above, he totally changed his tune now with Schiano’s early recruiting (giving NY and Florida the credit they deserve). This entire thread’s premise is “Ash’s vision is unclear”; I say that’s bulls***. Hell, Al originally tried to argue Flood had ‘more vision’; I guess copying what Schiano did on paper while driving the program into a bridge embankment constitutes ‘vision’. If the thread was titled, “Ash’s vision is missing the mark”, again, DIFFERENT STORY...but that’s not the case because Al just likes to stir the pot (now he knows Leonard was a superstar from his senior year of HS and what happened with Nate “doesn’t matter”. Gimmie a f’n break.)

...and perhaps the biggest point of all- this is all 20/20 hindsight. Al wants to know who the ‘next Leonard is’; well, why don’t you actually let season 3 play out first?
My (and many others) point is, ‘why not give Ash an honest chance without trying to tear him down?’ Because he took away ‘Chop’? Now I actually think that was wrong myself, but Ash hasn’t embarrassed us by going to Princeton in disguise or writing one of the dumbest emails I’ve ever heard of in my life, and as far as I know he’s not on pace to land us on NCAA probation. If I gave the guy who did all that a chance, I think I owe Ash at least as much.

Joe P.

Last edited:
I agree, we shouldn't be wasting time recruiting Ohio. There are a cluster of FBS programs throughout that state and the surrounding area. Top Ohio kids have plenty of options if they want to play in the B1G that are closer to home and don't get slaughtered by OSU every year. What Ohio kid wants to go back to his home state and play in front of family and friends knowing that his team is likely to get spanked.

The focus on Ohio and Georgia were wastes of time IMO. We have no real connection to either area and don’t win enough yet to really draw kids from there against the usual suspects. That was one area where I really questioned Ash’s decisions and was thinking “he’s off the mark here”.

Joe P.

Give us a competent quarterback and WRs and we won't have 4 guaranteed losses. We beat Michigan in 2014 and should have beaten PSU. Haven't adequately replaced Nova yet.

Pretty sure both Michigan and PSU are expected to be much better in 2018 compared to 2014. Other than that, it is a valid point.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Well I will be damned. Hatinring said next time I'm wrong on this board will be my first. No sooner did he say that and he continued post with a bunch of bull crap comments that are wrong. That's got to be a record for proving one self right. I guess you can say he killed 2 birds with one post. Nice job. Hat
Translation:

Hat is also a helmet especially on a football board
Ring can be a shape made by your hand to put your hat in

Honestly, we are a semblance of an offense away from marked improvement of w/l record. Defense will be a strength this year, but it can only carry the team so much until it feels like a futile attempt with an almost non existent offense. Special teams was almost as valuable as the offense this past season, which is not a good thing when the mean for FBS ppg is around 31, up nearly 10 points from the year 2000. The old saying that, “offense wins games, defense wins championships,” is now in reverse.

Last edited:
Still pains me to see this ridiculous thread being bumped. You're giving a troll what he desires - attention.

Well look at the excuses an idiotic statements here. this isn't about Al but a culture that makes excuses for mediocrity

But you guys are crying about lack of Top 10/Top 15 recruits.

We got 3 top 10 players according to 247 (including Sitkowski), and Lacewell is a Staten Island resident, which is practically NJ-- that's 4 top 10. If you don't want to include Sitkowski as NJ, then he is Florida, so you have a Florida kid.

Nothing satisfies some of you people.

Im concerned about the small number of Jersey recruits in this years class, even if you include AS. 5 recruits from NJ is way too few, Imo. Jersey typically produces roughly around 55-70 Div I recruits, and we should be able to get 8-10 of them. Instead, we took players from NY, where the quality of HS football isn't as good.

Boston College has almost as many NJ recruits as we do. We did not do a good job recruiting NJ in 2018, but we are off to a good start for 2019, and should do better with Nunz Onboard. Looking forward to seeing what the results are.

Honestly, we are a semblance of an offense away from marked improvement of w/l record. Defense will be a strength this year, but it can only carry the team so much until it feels like a futile attempt with an almost non existent offense. Special teams was almost as valuable as the offense this past season, which is not a good thing when the mean for FBS ppg is around 31, up nearly 10 points from the year 2000. The old saying that, “offense wins games, defense wins championships,” is now in reverse.

I'm not sure I'm ready to call the defense a strength, though LBers and DBs should be better thanks to better depth and talent, which Ash has been able to replenish. Defensive Line is thin, and will be a big question mark, losing Turay, who should be NFL caliber and Joseph who should get a chance at the next level. I liked what I saw from Wilkins, Bateky, Turner, Previlon, and Lumor. They seem to be getting better each year. But we'll be counting on host of DL newcomers for quality contributions. We shall see...

Pretty sure both Michigan and PSU are expected to be much better in 2018 compared to 2014. Other than that, it is a valid point.

The guy is saying we have four guaranteed losses for the forseeable future, which is why it will take 5-10 years to win. lol

I'm saying as long a we find a quarterback, that won't be the case. We get ourselves a quarterback and wrs mature, we'll be much better in 2019 than we were in 2014. In year 2 of the McNulty offense, everything should be ready to click.

Hell, last month Windsock Al was talking about how Schiano was getting all these top NJ prospects right from the start (NOT TRUE) to get us to the postseason, and I was pointing out that it was plenty of FL and NY that got us over the Bowl game hump; now this month it’s all about how Ash should have been recruiting Florida to win like Schiano did.

Joe P.

What do you mean, not true. Off course its true. I pointed out earlier that Schiano's recruiting strategy always was the state of rutgers and florida. Davon Clark, Ryan Neill, Rikki Cook and Brad Cunningham were Top NJ recruits Schiano landed in his first class.

If Ash starts recruiting better and winning we will all magically see and understand his Vision for Rutgers or we just won't care what it is . We wouldn't have a huge thread on this if he actually was getting the top New Jersey recruits to buy in and sign with us. As long as we win, no one will give two shits what his Vision is. Just win baby!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT