ADVERTISEMENT

Which Big Ten Expansion Scenario Do You Prefer?

Which Big Ten Expansion Scenario Do You Prefer?

• Washington & Oregon

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Washington, Oregon, Cal & Stanford

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • FSU & Clemson

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • FSU, Clemson, UVA and UNC

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Washington, Oregon, FSU & Clemson

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • Nothing unless ND is included

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters

Queztastic

Junior
Nov 1, 2013
How do you feel about Big Ten possible expansion scenarios? West Coast? Southeast? Both?

Selfishly I’d vote for fsu, Clemson, unc and uva

But using my head, adding Notre Dame would be massive, in addition to FSU and Clemson

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Anything where No Shame is left outside in the cold when the dust settles.

Beth Behrs Success GIF by CBS

Reactions: robcac26
I chose Wash, Oregon, FSU, and Clemson only because there was no option with UNC instead of Clemson.
After the first 4, I’d love to see UVA + Colorado (nice bridge location geographically and great state to visit).
I really like Clemson but they just seem much more SEC.

Personally would prefer

1. Adding Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington out West and Northwest
AND
2. Adding UVA, UNC, GaTech and Miami out South and East

Big Ten at 24, Coast to Coast North to South Conference and the first National Superconference. Relegate SEC to be a Southeast Conference only for TV inventory.

Personally would prefer

1. Adding Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington out West and Northwest
AND
2. Adding UVA, UNC, GaTech and Miami out South and East

Big Ten at 24, Coast to Coast North to South Conference and the first National Superconference. Relegate SEC to be a Southeast Conference only for TV inventory.

Forde wrote a great article about how the PAC12 additions are going to put a terrible strain on college athletes in terms of travel. Let's go with your additions, and then take a look at the "current" B1G Map. Just not seeing a logical geographic fit here to split the conference into divisions, which the B1G just eliminated anyway and may not want to go back to.

IMO, addition of more current PAC12 schools makes more sense than the strained addition of ACC schools. Frankly, nothing really makes sense. It seems like a big cash grab with not much aforethought. Seems like a version of Game of Thrones where the University Presidents and ADs are people are obsessed with power rather than actually taking action to help the people it represents, namely students and student athletes.

University leaders are defining success by how much money they can bring into University coffers via media rights deals. Hilariously, a lot of that money is going right out the window with the advent of NIL. Rutgers, purportedly now swimming in B1G money is struggling nearly 10 years after their addition to the B1G to keep up with the college athletics arms race of facilities and now funding NIL. Yeah, part of that is because RU got a bad deal on the way in, but still, is there light at the end of the tunnel for Rutgers to compete in football in the B1G?

Forde makes some really good points in the article linked in the tweet below:

"Where and when it all ends, nobody knows. But eventually, if the Washington Huskies are making their fifth trip east of the fall, on their way to end the regular season in College Park, Md., instead of playing their natural rival in Pullman, there will be a reckoning."

"It’s all deeply insulting and hypocritical for a bunch of millionaire leaders who bloviate about “student-athlete welfare,” then assign them geographically ridiculous tasks."

USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Oregon
Washington

FWihg6uWYAEfXv_.jpg

I know it's not one of the choices, but I'd pick contraction if it was available. 🤷‍♂️
Yes.
How about no one?
How about we are doomed/worst case scenario no matter what happens? 😏

Seriously, yours and @e5fdny 's make the most sense. This is out of control.

It was probably capture elsewhere, but it's real great how in 2024, the first year USC/UCLA are in the B1G, the only B1G East opponent we lost was not a blue blood, but Indiana!! Thanks, B1G!!!! Could they have thrown dear old Rutgers a bone just for once and taken PSU/tOSU/Michigan off our hands? Nope.

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.gif

I know it's not possible because .. you know .. this is the state of things these days but it would be nice if we could have USC and UCLA in the conference for a couple of years first before we start altering the conference once again.

How about the NCAA , presidents of the schools put an end to all of this nonsense and just assign the media rights to the NCAA level and then we go back to regional conferences

On the verge of retirement, adding meaning to drives down 95 to beautiful UNC and UVA to watch several of our teams play on the road makes the creation of a true east coast pod my #1 by a lot.

How do you feel about Big Ten possible expansion scenarios? West Coast? Southeast? Both?
I think the BIG making an entry into the south in desirable states with flagship programs in NC and VA and also FL via FSU for recruiting purposes as well trumps the pacific northwest. Clemson I see the benefit but not my preference.

Washington, Oregon, Cal & Stanford
I think that combo has more beatable teams for RU.
Once-in-awhile a couple of those teams plays boss ball but none of them are expected to be a powerhouse any given season - Oregon if any.
Army could beat most of those teams

Last edited:
ND, FSU, UNC, San Fran mkt school.

Oh and told u on unc. Shots fired, cmon heels!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT