ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush Transferring

If you have this idea that Rutgers actually stands a chance at a recruit who has an offer list like Singleton you are on another planet with your scarlet glasses.

We need all the help we can get, we were 1-11 in case you missed it. What recruit who has offers from Michigan, OSU, PSU, etc would ever consider us? If you want to believe that there's this contigency in NJ of this epic class coming up that all want to stay home, well that dream has been presented for the last 10 years with little results.

Be happy any time Rutgers has a chance to improve their team, transfer or not.

I'm sure if you talk to any Auburn Fan none of them care that Cam Newton played at Florida as a Freshman
You be happy! I will continue to say what I feel.

I'm sure if you talk to any Auburn Fan none of them care that Cam Newton played at Florida as a Freshman
Its a good point, but let's not forget that Newton's father was paid several hundred thousand for him to transfer there.

It would be nice if Wimbush shows up to become this year's Grad Transfer of the Year and do well for Rutgers. And maybe Artur Sikowski, Jr The Third could take a step back and look at how others who had P5 Bowl level success play the position.

But hes not coming here (maybe) so who knows...
The QB from Ball State, Riley Neal, who is grad transferring to Vanderbilt would have been a better fit for us.

So would Ben Hicks, the leading passer in SMU history. Word on Twitter is he may go to Arkansas.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3916208/ben-hicks
A 52/19 TD/INT ratio for the last 2 years is impressive.

Reactions: tico brown
Who give a crap what you think. Initials don’t cut it bottom line. It could’ve meant Adam Sandler or Ash supporters. Worry about your coaches not fondling kids Ped State and stay in your lane.

1. When you go for the Ped State comment immediately you’ve lost the debate.
2. It’s called context, you commented Wimbush got benched, someone else commented AS got benched in high school. You seriously couldn’t could put 2 & 2 together? Did you not know AS was committed to Miami, got benched/injured at IMG, decommitted from Miami, committed to RU? The other poster was drawing a parallel to BW and AS. Timelines are different but there were obvious similarities. Hope that helps!
3. I grew up in Jersey, still have family there. Even have family that graduated from RU. And clearly I know more about your team than you do so what lane should I stay in?

2. It’s called context, you commented Wimbush got benched, someone else commented AS got benched in high school. You seriously couldn’t could put 2 & 2 together? Did you not know AS was committed to Miami, got benched/injured at IMG, decommitted from Miami, committed to RU? The other poster was drawing a parallel to BW and AS. Timelines are different but there were obvious similarities. Hope that helps!
3. I grew up in Jersey, still have family there. Even have family that graduated from RU. And clearly I know more about your team than you do so what lane should I stay in?

Who/what are RU, BW and AS???

See if you would’ve read ALL of my posts you would’ve known that I mentioned his commitment to Miami.
Secondly, I grew up in Jersey and have family that has graduated from RU including myself so there is no way that you know more about my team than I do so stop being delusional. The lane that you need to stay in is worry about your school and I’ll worry about mine.

See if you would’ve read ALL of my posts you would’ve known that I mentioned his commitment to Miami.
Secondly, I grew up in Jersey and have family that has graduated from RU including myself so there is no way that you know more about my team than I do so stop being delusional. The lane that you need to stay in is worry about your school and I’ll worry about mine.

Pretty sure this makes it worse. Not sure why you chose this hill to die on. You could have simply claimed holiday brain, laughed at yourself and moved along. In the spirit of the holidays I'll get back in my lane now and wish you a happy new year.

Actually no! What did they actually do? Washington and Hester is always hurt. Gus was ok and Hilliman wasn’t even a factor unless we were lucky to get to the goal line. Singleton no because RU was with him even when other schools backed off of him when he got injured and he still chose Michigan.

Ummmm. All of the above were at top of the depth chart at RU ( except Hilliman} until they got injured. We need Transfers, Grad Transfers, and JUCOs because Ash is a total flop at Recruiting and player development

Ummmm. All of the above were at top of the depth chart at RU ( except Hilliman} until they got injured. We need Transfers, Grad Transfers, and JUCOs because Ash is a total flop at Recruiting and player development
Again what did they really do? What impact did they actually make?

You are what your record is and Ash’s record in the secondary market has been, to be kind, pretty sketchy. Grads and JuCos haven’t exactly been game changers except Edwards and Anderson. And the incremental difference in a 4-8 season between Edwards and Martin/Hicks is debatable. Washington is the only transfer who’s contributed so far. Hilliman is a great kid, but only a JAG as an RB.

Zach Allen - grad transfer
Kobe Marfo - JuCo
Kyle Bolin - grad transfer
Ross Douglas - grad transfer
Malachi Moore - grad transfer
Ryan Anderson - grad transfer
Gus Edwards - grad transfer
Jon Hilliman - grad transfer
Andrew Harte - grad transfer
Cole Murphy - JuCo
Malik Dixon - JuCo

Wimbush isn’t coming within 500 miles of here. The last thing we need is someone else who can’t pass. He was a 50% passer with all that Notre Dame talent. His talents are best utilized in a spread offense. Would be a great fit for Penn State or Ohio State.
So he fits Penn or Ohio State but not Rutgers? I understand they have different offensive systems but the ability to be somewhat flexible would allow him to work at RU IMO. Ohio State adapted to Dwayne Haskins and RU should be able to adapt for Wimbush

How? He just got benched. Tired of kids who lose their jobs using RU as a backup. Let him go elsewhere
i sure hope the coaching staff at RU are not sensitive like you. If he can help you give it a shot despite the fact that he spurned RU previously..

I must be missing something. What is the downside of Wimbush transferring here? At best, he'll be a success; and at worst he'll be a failure. It's not as though we'd be displacing someone clearly better by trying Wimbush, and having him might push Sitkowski to do better. I think there's a case of sour grapes going on here; people who are dissing Wimbush are doing so just so they can explain away the high probability that he'd go to a more successful program. SIAP.

I must be missing something. What is the downside of Wimbush transferring here? At best, he'll be a success; and at worst he'll be a failure. It's not as though we'd be displacing someone clearly better by trying Wimbush, and having him might push Sitkowski to do better. I think there's a case of sour grapes going on here; people who are dissing Wimbush are doing so just so they can explain away the high probability that he'd go to a more successful program. SIAP.
Im assuming that he doesn't look the part of QB?

You be happy! I will continue to say what I feel.

Honest scenario, your the coach and I’m the recruit. I’m a Jersey recruit rated a 4* with an offer list that includes Michigan, OSU, PSU, and Clemson.

Tell me why right now I should come to Rutgers and play for chris Ash following a 1-11 season in year 3....

Curious to hear your pitch since you have this idea that we should just be landing these kids just because....

There's no downside to him coming at all. It would be a homerun pickup for us. I just wonder who else might be going after him

Honest scenario, your the coach and I’m the recruit. I’m a Jersey recruit rated a 4* with an offer list that includes Michigan, OSU, PSU, and Clemson.

Tell me why right now I should come to Rutgers and play for chris Ash following a 1-11 season in year 3....

Curious to hear your pitch since you have this idea that we should just be landing these kids just because....

1. Play early instead of riding the bench for 2-3 years
2. Play in front of Family and friends each weekend in the Fall
3. Have pride in your home state
4. Be a leader instead of a follower

I'm with you on #1 and #2 to an extent. Depending which part of Jersey PSU is almost as close as New Brunswick particularly with traffic on the NJ Parkway.

Unfortunately Chris Ash has never really done much to rally NJ, I've seen more from Hobbs than Ash on that front but I'd love to see him do a coaches caravan of some sorts.

The whole "Leader not a follower" idea has been around for 30 years and means absolutely nothing at this point. It's a philosophy that simply doesn't work unless there's something special or unique about a school and maybe the offense or defense that they run. Nothing was unique about this Chris Ash offense.

I'm sorry to be a debbie downer, I just don't understand some of our fans expecting us to just go in and land these kids routinely in our current situation.

Wimbush would be huge, and it would also put Ash on the spot. if we can't make a bowl game with a QB like that in year 4 and we don't fire Ash I may have to be done with the program for a while.

Number 2: After 1 or 2 games how much do the players really care. Back when every game was not televised for sure, but it’s different now

Number 4 is absolutely not a thing. In fact, if we lost a recruit to let say UConn, people on this board would be saying that the kid made a terrible mistake and doesn’t want to play big time football. Or is he just being a leader instead of a follower? Lol

No need. He’s not coming. You are a bit late for this convo

No need. He’s not coming. You are a bit late for this convo

So is your whole mantra around here to just be negative and complain the whole time that we aren't a blue blood? I've yet to see you offer any kind of positive resolution

I'm with you on #1 and #2 to an extent. Depending which part of Jersey PSU is almost as close as New Brunswick particularly with traffic on the NJ Parkway.

Unfortunately Chris Ash has never really done much to rally NJ, I've seen more from Hobbs than Ash on that front but I'd love to see him do a coaches caravan of some sorts.

The whole "Leader not a follower" idea has been around for 30 years and means absolutely nothing at this point. It's a philosophy that simply doesn't work unless there's something special or unique about a school and maybe the offense or defense that they run. Nothing was unique about this Chris Ash offense.

I'm sorry to be a debbie downer, I just don't understand some of our fans expecting us to just go in and land these kids routinely in our current situation.

Wimbush would be huge, and it would also put Ash on the spot. if we can't make a bowl game with a QB like that in year 4 and we don't fire Ash I may have to be done with the program for a while.

What are you talking about, PSU being nearly as close to home as RU?

State College, PA to South Jersey, PSU's market, is 3.5 hours (whereas RU is only 1 to 1.5 hours.)

Are you talking about from Wimbush's home in Jersey City? You can't be.

It takes nearly 4 hours to get to State College, PA from Jersey City.
It takes 40 minutes to get to New Brunswick from Jersey City.

Just so wrong on this one. And are you saying there is no traffic getting to State College on 80W?

You obviously have never made the trip to Happy Valley if you don't know about the traffic and delays getting there.

U
Number 2: After 1 or 2 games how much do the players really care. Back when every game was not televised for sure, but it’s different now

Number 4 is absolutely not a thing. In fact, if we lost a recruit to let say UConn, people on this board would be saying that the kid made a terrible mistake and doesn’t want to play big time football. Or is he just being a leader instead of a follower? Lol

Meaning a Leader is his home state program and not taking the easy route and following other NJ recruits to State Penn , Michigan, etc.

Reactions: Kbee3
So is your whole mantra around here to just be negative and complain the whole time that we aren't a blue blood? I've yet to see you offer any kind of positive resolution

Just don't call Artur Sitkowski, Jr The Third: AS. You will get his unleashed wrath upon you lol

Like I said the convo is over

Arthur Schopenhauer?

800px-Arthur_Schopenhauer_by_J_Schäfer%2C_1859b.jpg

What are you talking about, PSU being nearly as close to home as RU?

State College, PA to South Jersey, PSU's market, is 3.5 hours (whereas RU is only 1 to 1.5 hours.)

Are you talking about from Wimbush's home in Jersey City? You can't be.

It takes nearly 4 hours to get to State College, PA from Jersey City.
It takes 40 minutes to get to New Brunswick from Jersey City.

Just so wrong on this one. And are you saying there is no traffic getting to State College on 80W?

You obviously have never made the trip to Happy Valley if you don't know about the traffic and delays getting there.
It's not that far in comparison to other schools. Basically his family can still travel to PSU by car each week to watch him. I understand Rutgers is closer but within 3-4 hours there's really very little advantage from a location standpoint.

Jersey kids historically have looked at psu as a close school, they have always recruited Jersey well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT