ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin 5 Thoughts

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

1) Geo stepped up. We’ve been asking for this all year, tonight he stepped up both with big shots, big plays on D and a swagger and confidence we havent seen all year (ill excuse the ridiculous ally oop attempt off the backboard). We need this Geo every night if we have any postseason aspirations.

2) Yeboah Starts. Weve been begging for him to play more minutes and tonight we were heard. Just an all around solid player who can truly defend the 2-4 as we saw tonight. Did a heckuva job on brad davidson on D, played an efficient game, spaced the floor and made teams respect his 3 point ball. Had some real ticky tack fouls called against him but keep feeding him minutes and good things will happen.

3) Jacob Young played the role ive been wanting him to play all year. 11 minutes, energy guy off the bench who played good on ball D. In 11 minutes he managed to take 8 shots and go 2-8 from the field and 0-3 from 3 (hes now shooting 13% from 3 on the year). Keep him at 10-14 mins a game and limit his shooting and thats a great role.

4) BIG myles johnson. Wisconsin simply had no answer for him, he completely and totally dominated the game. A weak whistle kept his minutes down but when he was in wisconsin couldnt handle his size. This is now 2 dominant games out of the past 3 vs quality opponents where teams couldnt handle him. His growth has been tremendous.

5) Need more out of ron harper. He was great on the boards and hes really strong down low however we need him to be more assertive on the offensive end. Take it to the hole and less just lingering around and floating. The same can pretty much be said for caleb as well. Both seem to be in little sophomore slumps that i hope they can snap out of sooner rather than later.

next up, SOCC. Atmosphere will be tremendous, I’ll be at either queens or stuff by 11:30 the latest Saturday. Lets blow the roof off this place

1) Geo stepped up. We’ve been asking for this all year, tonight he stepped up both with big shots, big plays on D and a swagger and confidence we havent seen all year (ill excuse the ridiculous ally oop attempt off the backboard). We need this Geo every night if we have any postseason aspirations.

2) Yeboah Starts. Weve been begging for him to play more minutes and tonight we were heard. Just an all around solid player who can truly defend the 2-4 as we saw tonight. Did a heckuva job on brad davidson on D, played an efficient game, spaced the floor and made teams respect his 3 point ball. Had some real ticky tack fouls called against him but keep feeding him minutes and good things will happen.

3) Jacob Young played the role ive been wanting him to play all year. 11 minutes, energy guy off the bench who played good on ball D. In 11 minutes he managed to take 8 shots and go 2-8 from the field and 0-3 from 3 (hes now shooting 13% from 3 on the year). Keep him at 10-14 mins a game and limit his shooting and thats a great role.

4) BIG myles johnson. Wisconsin simply had no answer for him, he completely and totally dominated the game. A weak whistle kept his minutes down but when he was in wisconsin couldnt handle his size. This is now 2 dominant games out of the past 3 vs quality opponents where teams couldnt handle him. His growth has been tremendous.

5) Need more out of ron harper. He was great on the boards and hes really strong down low however we need him to be more assertive on the offensive end. Take it to the hole and less just lingering around and floating. The same can pretty much be said for caleb as well. Both seem to be in little sophomore slumps that i hope they can snap out of sooner rather than later.

next up, SOCC. Atmosphere will be tremendous, I’ll be at either queens or stuff by 11:30 the latest Saturday. Lets blow the roof off this place
And here's the need for a Rutgers pre game watering hole near the RAC.
Why can't they turn the area above118 into a bar service area now that We sell beer?
How about a heated tented area outside the RAC for food and beverage?
Worst case...a Rutgers Club party on Livingston?
WTF do we not have a group at the AD that can handle such things? Where the frack is the Marketing dept. ??? AGAIN?

I guess it's up to the fans to coordinate a gathering. Then again I'm sure sometime around Friday something will be announced.

Jacob Young does not look good. Even the announcers were wondering what he was doing, refusing to kick to open guys. Then he dribbles directly into people.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
And here's the need for a Rutgers pre game watering hole near the RAC.
Why can't they turn the area above118 into a bar service area now that We sell beer?
How about a heated tented area outside the RAC for food and beverage?
Worst case...a Rutgers Club party on Livingston?
WTF do we not have a group at the AD that can handle such things? Where the frack is the Marketing dept. ??? AGAIN?
I got an email about an alumni tailgate at the Rutgers club before the game on Saturday.

i feel like after every game, I've been clamoring to get the ball to Ron in the mid post. Guy is killer in that area. Can shoot over and bully smaller guys and drive past bigger guys. He is pretty automatic on his shots from there too. We need more of him there moving forward. When he hovers around the three point line too much, bad things happen. Need him in attack mode down in that area .

I got an email about an alumni tailgate at the Rutgers club before the game on Saturday.
When and the details? Cause I have 3 different emails associated with RU and I got nothing. Nor has there been a PEEP. On this site.
I'm not debating you got something law...if you did its just the usual low level effort.

i feel like after every game, I've been clamoring to get the ball to Ron in the mid post. Guy is killer in that area. Can shoot over and bully smaller guys and drive past bigger guys. He is pretty automatic on his shots from there too. We need more of him there moving forward. When he hovers around the three point line too much, bad things happen. Need him in attack mode down in that area .
Totally agree, thats where hes best and most dangerous

I'm not sure Yeboah starting was more for his benefit or that of Myles Johnson. Pike had previously alluded to possibly bringing Johnson off the bench due to his early foul problems.

If that off the backboard alley-oop was converted, the RAC would’ve exploded and it would’ve been the top play on Sportscenter. The pass was actually perfect and Mathis just slightly got ahead of it.

Reactions: RUhobbit
Loved Harper’s rebound and put back in the second half when he ripped ball away from WI player
The coordination on that play was pretty wild one of his arms was still in the air fighting for the ball and the second the Wisconsin player brought the ball down he came in with his other arm and ripped it. I still think Harper has more work to do on his body and confidence/mentality, but his basketball instincts are excellent

If that off the backboard alley-oop was converted, the RAC would’ve exploded and it would’ve been the top play on Sportscenter. The pass was actually perfect and Mathis just slightly got ahead of it.

I was fine with the play as well, place would have gone insane. I don't think it was perfect pass, came off the glass really hard.

If he just threw it up in front of the rim Mathis would have hammered it home.

Either way it got me fired up! Ha.

thanks Mike! Didn't realize I'm not getting alumni emails anymore. Any details on this event? Link you sent to register doesn't have any anywhere. In general, what do you get for the $10?(if you don't mind sharing) some light appy's and cash bar?
Not sure how they're handling it on Saturday, but at a bar/restaurant before the game in Newark last year the alumni association had a pregame get-together, which appears to be similar to Saturday's tailgate event. Buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, etc. for 10 bucks. It was a good deal.

Not sure how they're handling it on Saturday, but at a bar/restaurant before the game in Newark last year, the alumni association had a pregame get-together, which appears to be similar to Saturday's tailgate event. Buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks, etc. for 10 bucks. It was a good deal.
yup, saw you there. ok, thanks!
I already exchanged email with alumni so see what I can find out to share.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Thought it was an obvious foul by Harper, but man did I love seeing him take that kid's lunch money right under our basket.
That was definitely a foul and in the game thread I said it was a make-up no-call. We sure earned at least one of those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT