ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin look-ahead

RUtrumpet92

Heisman Winner
Feb 5, 2003
Looking ahead to the Badgers, specifically on their in-conference stats to date...

11 conference games played (445 minutes as they've played one OT game)

Five players have played 324+ minutes this year

AJ Storr 6' 7" 205# - leading scorer at 18.4 ppg in conference, 20 3's on the year
Max Klesmit 6' 4" 200# - 12.6 ppg, 24 3's on the year
Tyler Wahl 6' 9" 225# - 12.2 ppg, 5.7 reb, 26 assists
Steven Crowl 7' 0" 247# - 10.2 ppg, 7.91 reb , 33 asists
Chucky Hepburn 6' 2" 195# - 5.9 ppg, 45 assists

Three others are in the 101 to 189 range:

John Blackwell 6' 4" 194# - 6.9 ppg
Carter Gilmore 6' 7" 232# - 1.5 ppg
Nolan Winter 6' 11" 220# - 3.1 ppg

So other than Blackwell, the bench has done little on average.

The stat that jumps out at me: Klesmit and Crowl are shooting 53% FG% in league play, Wahl is an amazing 58%, Storr is at 46%, and Hepburn is at 34%. Their offense is balanced and ranked #8 in efficiency in kenpom. It will be an interesting challenge against our elite defense.

I expect the same starting five for us, with the decision being on how to use Simpson and Davis to cover Klesmit and Hepburn.

Storr - Jeremiah Williams
Wahl - Mag
Crowl - Cliff

Reactions: RU-ROCS
Wisconsin doesn't attract elite talent but they run a half court offense that is difficult to defend similar to Princeton.I would press them hoping to cause turnovers and or taking time off the shot clock.I would expect a game in the 60-65 point range.Wisconsin will try to get Cliff in early foul trouble.

Wisconsin doesn't attract elite talent but they run a half court offense that is difficult to defend similar to Princeton.I would press them hoping to cause turnovers and or taking time off the shot clock.I would expect a game in the 60-65 point range.Wisconsin will try to get Cliff in early foul trouble.
And extend the D when they make it over half court so they can’t get comfortable at the arc. This would funnel drives in to the paint where Cliff can erase layup attempts which would force contested off balance midrange shots.

Which is yet another reason why we should always play Princeton. Great practice

Reactions: leftoright
I think best result for us is they come back and win with a late run against Michigan. May then come in overconfident

Reactions: cRURah
AJ Storr is new to the series, but Mag and JWill will take turns.
Hepburn, 26 pts, 3 gm, FG 38.5%
Crowl 27pts, 3gm, FG 52.4%
Wahl 51pts, 6gm, FG 65.6%

Klesmit(1gm) 33min, 11 pts, FG 3-8 37.5%
Essegian(1gm) 21min, 2pts, FG 0-10

Wisconsin doesn't scare me home or road due to the style of how they play. Last 9 games have ended in single digit outcones for either team, Wisc leads 5-4, Rutgers 2-2 home vs Wisconsin, lost last 2 home, and 2-3 road vs Wisconsin, won last 2 road. It is a winnable game if we make the right plays and limit the mistakes.

Michigan second half collapse not happening for once (yet)

Wiscy cold from 3

For those who were not impressed by our 10-point win at Michigan, they’re currently beating #11 Wisconsin, 58-52 with 7:33 to go…

Chucky — JMike
Klesmit — Simpson
Storr — JWill
Wahl — Mag
Crowl — Cliff

Reactions: Scangg
Hepburn is so infuriating if I was a player or fan of Wisconsin. Beyond selfish hero ball.

He did the SOS last season when Badgers lost so many close games last season.

Ugh. Wanted a Wiscy win.
Hopefully distraught Wiscy.

On positive note, could it save Juwan? That would be good.

Nebraska plays NO defense. How do they win games? NW has home games vs NEB and vs Penn St before road vs RU, which might work out well for us.

NEB has 14 FG attempts in 12 minutes

Wisconsin has three very impressive wins…swept Michigan State and won a home game vs. Marquette.
SMU won’t be a quad 1 win by the end of the season (SMU’s NET of 49 actually looks like a mistake upon checking their results).
Other quad 1 wins were at Ohio State (still barely quad 1 but OSU really struggling lately) and neutral vs UVA.

By comparison, Rutgers has one very impressive win (at Seton Hall).

You have to think they were not too shocked by the last two losses, but expected to get a W tonight. First ten minutes could be big Saturday.

Reactions: Scangg
Looking ahead to the Badgers, specifically on their in-conference stats to date...

11 conference games played (445 minutes as they've played one OT game)

Five players have played 324+ minutes this year

AJ Storr 6' 7" 205# - leading scorer at 18.4 ppg in conference, 20 3's on the year
Max Klesmit 6' 4" 200# - 12.6 ppg, 24 3's on the year
Tyler Wahl 6' 9" 225# - 12.2 ppg, 5.7 reb, 26 assists
Steven Crowl 7' 0" 247# - 10.2 ppg, 7.91 reb , 33 asists
Chucky Hepburn 6' 2" 195# - 5.9 ppg, 45 assists

Three others are in the 101 to 189 range:

John Blackwell 6' 4" 194# - 6.9 ppg
Carter Gilmore 6' 7" 232# - 1.5 ppg
Nolan Winter 6' 11" 220# - 3.1 ppg

So other than Blackwell, the bench has done little on average.

The stat that jumps out at me: Klesmit and Crowl are shooting 53% FG% in league play, Wahl is an amazing 58%, Storr is at 46%, and Hepburn is at 34%. Their offense is balanced and ranked #8 in efficiency in kenpom. It will be an interesting challenge against our elite defense.

I expect the same starting five for us, with the decision being on how to use Simpson and Davis to cover Klesmit and Hepburn.

Storr - Jeremiah Williams
Wahl - Mag
Crowl - Cliff
Chuckie Hepburn makes everything click for them and is very active - gotta take him out of the game. Rotate Simpson, Davis and AWill on him, keeping them all fresh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT