ADVERTISEMENT

Football Wisconsin defeats Rutgers, 24-13

Wimsatt looked better throwing at the end. I did not think this was a terrible performance. The defense is definitely upper echelon. The offense needs some help, but guys like Strong give me encouragement. I also like that there was no quit.

Oh, F' the refs. Needed to get that off my chest.
I think the d is not quite upper echelon. We need playmakers at d tackle. Everywhere else I see some big time guys.

Question for those few of you who can refrain from snark: is it possible for Wimsatt to have played the last quarter and score a TD if he had been concussed? I’ve only had one concussion my whole life and I was out for a while. Asking those with more experience in these things.
Yes

That spells "washout" at other programs.
I think a 3rd year junior with 2 more to play. So perhaps not a lot of games prior but spring - fall- spring -fall -then spring again and now fall. That's a lot of practice at this level to fix crap.
If he hasn't so far I'm not at l am sold. Check that. I am not sold.
Great car.. bad transmission.?

He had to have passed the protocol.

Does anyone know if the BIG has independent docs on the sideline like in the NFL?

Not a good game but not as bad as it looked like it would be at the end of first half.
The RU D will keep the Scarlet Knights in the game against good teams.
But the Scarlet Knight O is far from close to being able to win against the better programs.

They need to put more attention and work to Wimsatt accuracy. More drills, work on his mechanics... whatever it takes. The Defense is playing well for us to win some games but the offense is just not doing its part and delivering. The coaches need to figure this out otherwise is going to be a long 2.5 years and a waste of a talented team

Let's be clear about "growth." Wimsatt is a junior, these basic things like not overthrowing and being on target should not be the basic level issues at this point
Realistically, Gavin is a second year sophomore. He has two more years of eligibility after the season. Don't judge his first year when he should have been playing high school teams. He's made tremendous progress this season, but today was not his best game. Play calling has also been subpar.

There aren't many teams in the conference that would be throwing 1 inch from the sideline on third and 10. With more experience, he will be able to make better decisions.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
The next two games are critical for a chance to go a bowl game. They aren't as loaded as Wisconsin.

OH NO

A 11 point loss on the road brings RU to 4-2

TERRIBLE!!!!

If only Hafley or Leapin Leopold or Al Golden was here, we'd have beaten Wisconsin by 50, Michigan by 40, and Simon would be starting and who cares about the Nebraska game last year Simon would have the Heisman right now we know that! SO OBVIOUS!

We'd do somersaults playing at Maryland's level. And they give OSU fits.

We must have given Wisconsin fits if 20 points is the standard.

GS already beat UMD once lol. They are one win ahead of us with a much easier schedule.

By your own standard if we beat MSU and Indiana, we're already at their level. Otherwise they've beaten winless UVA, Charlotte and Towson.

The outcome is about what we expected.
But it didn't have to be.
OH NO

TERRIBLE!!!!

If only Hafley or Leapin Leopold or Al Golden was here, we'd have beaten Wisconsin by 50, Michigan by 40, and Simon would be starting and who cares about the Nebraska game last year Simon would have the Heisman right now we know that! SO OBVIOUS!
Snyder was a better passer than Wimsatt.

Just ONE time I'd like to see GW run against the play....why does every offensive coordinator we hire SUCK. One predictable play after the next and you see every single offense do what we should be doing

ES throws 2 strikes in stride and one out of endzone when receiver gets hung up and back out....not happy about that

OH NO

TERRIBLE!!!!

No Wimsatt and Simon would not be in the team and we would have a competent HC, OC and quarterback. We have had NONE of those in years!

• Haha
Reactions: NotInRHouse
our lines are a weak point. anyone dare to argue that point with me now?

Well guys, once again the refs made the difference. If they were neutral RU would have won easily. In my books this was a moral victory, RU is now 6-0 on the year.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
4-2 is exactly where we should be. We are giving ourself chances. Pick 6s have been crushing. I like the OC but those calls were terrible.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
The 2 pick 6 are both on the OC. Just bad play calling in those situations.
I'll have to take your word for it since I couldn't see the game. But the offense, as always, did little with most of its possessions. That speaks to more than just 2 bad calls.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Realistically, Gavin is a second year sophomore. He has two more years of eligibility after the season. Don't judge his first year when he should have been playing high school teams. He's made tremendous progress this season, but today was not his best game. Play calling has also been subpar.

There aren't many teams in the conference that would be throwing 1 inch from the sideline on third and 10. With more experience, he will be able to make better decisions.
He's the starter, like it or not, he gets judged by how he plays because he's not a true freshman .
If he isn't ready for prime time he should sit and learn or be held responsible for his play without excuses.
Gavin has the talent, just needs his flaws minimized and Rutgers seldom seems to have a coach able to help make a talented QBs use the most of their talent
Wimsatt seems to be another supposed talented recruit that isn't developing enough to be considered a top QB.
Gavin's turning into a top QB and Rutgers being the type of program considered a winner
seem to be like the old Brooklyn Bums whose fans used to say after a disappointing season :"wait till next year"
Rutgers needs to have a QB ready to lead next year if Wimsatt doesn't prove he is ready by the end of this season.
Leaving HS early don't cut it, he's in his third year at RU and had two seasons to overcome that

edit, I still have hopes for him to show he can lead RU to victory and have Rutgers bowling this year.
It's just that Gavin is a junior now and having game experience as a freshman and sophomore, I won't give him a pass and say he needs more time to learn to play the college game.
He has had that time and it's time for him to step up and use all the talent he is supposed to have . On the job training should be over

Last edited:
I'll have to take your word for it since I couldn't see the game. But the offense, as always, did little with most of its possessions. That speaks to more than just 2 bad calls.
We are much better on O than last year (low bar). The D is giving us a chance and those 2 bad calls just eliminated great opportunities. We still can’t run the ball against good competition.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT