ADVERTISEMENT

Football Wisconsin defeats Rutgers, 24-13

it really is the 'risk off' philosophy that is killing us. Greg said week 2 press conference I think it was, 'My number one job is to be the risk manager'

can't win not taking chances. If he was Ike, D day never happens
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. In an age when so games are decided in the last 2 minutes--I see so many freaking games where one team scores in the last 2 minutes to go ahead and then the other team scores in the last 30 seconds to win--safe isn't going to cut it.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
We were +14 against them at Camp Randle. That tells you different.
go back and read the board, this fan base is full on stupid

I told everyone our lines wouldn't match up and more yet everyone said, 'you haven't watched them, they suck'

Beating up on Wagner and Temple is not like BIG teams. I don't count NW a BIG team as they are worse than us

Reactions: winfield102
have you not been paying attention? all last week, I was personally told my many that Wisc sucks this year
We even heard Rutgers is probably better than any Big Ten West teams. Now we hear how great Wisconsin is. Excuses excuses excuses.

go back and read the board, this fan base is full on stupid

I told everyone our lines wouldn't match up and more yet everyone said, 'you haven't watched them, they suck'

Beating up on Wagner and Temple is not like BIG teams. I don't count NW a BIG team as they are worse than us

EVERYONE said "you haven't watched them, they suck??? Holy hyperbole Batman!

We even heard Rutgers is probably better than any Big Ten West teams. Now we hear how great Wisconsin is. Excuses excuses excuses.
Meanwhile - if we did nothing different except keeping the dang ball on the ground at the end of the half and kicked a FG we lose by 1 because of a missed extra point. In that case though, we certainly would’ve tried the 2 point conversion so who knows.

Reactions: sct1111
Meanwhile - if we did nothing different except keeping the dang ball on the ground at the end of the half and kicked a FG we lose by 1 because of a missed extra point. In that case though, we certainly would’ve tried the 2 point conversion so who knows.
can't say that as the game could have been managed differently by them

that pick 6 did not lose the game for us

No way of knowing what would've happened. But what DID happen is an offense that scored 6 points through 55.5 minutes of play. That stinks and it's just like last year. If you tell me they barely scored but looked better doing it I'm going to tell you that's not much in the way of improvement. Improvement is actually SCORING MORE POINTS.

Louisville with new staff, full of transfers, new system, owning ND

Greg needs 10 more years to get to .500

Reactions: RUDivision
Louisville with new staff, full of transfers, new system, owning ND

Greg needs 10 more years to get to .500
omg-shut-up.gif

No way of knowing what would've happened. But what DID happen is an offense that scored 6 points through 55.5 minutes of play. That stinks and it's just like last year. If you tell me they barely scored but looked better doing it I'm going to tell you that's not much in the way of improvement. Improvement is actually SCORING MORE POINTS.
I agree with you. How many points we scored this year vs last year?

I agree with you. How many points we scored this year vs last year?
Last year in Big Ten play the team scored 10, 10, 13, 24, 0, 17, 21, 10 and 0, an average of 12 points per game. Today they scored 13 points. Not much change there. So far this year, in 3 Big Ten games, they're averaging 15 points per game. The team still scores roughly 2 TDs per game, in an offense-crazed era. Once or twice a year, they manage 3 TDs in a game. I'm tingling from the adrenaline.

We have a bunch of portal guys on the team. It’s not the 1980s. Use Google to help you. Also, how much are you donating to NIL to get the top portal guys?
The post was Gs has only had 4 years to build the o line and he need 5-6 years(1980 mentality when the narrative was a coach needs one full recruiting cycle).. My comment simply is that’s an excuse . Work the portal harder to improve the team and a glaring miss. Like the Wr transfers are a miss. Hey at least he got Flip right. You don’t need 6 years to build a team let alone a position group. See Louisville, Duke, Kansas, Colorado etc. Nil money unfortunately more then you and to a coach I know is not the answer and terrible at his job!

Excluding the COVID year, this team hasn't been able to score more than 17 points against a blue blood since 2015

No way of knowing, but starting with that last drive of the second half we finally mixed in some screen routes. That’s what you need to do when your having trouble running. It worked. The run blocking really struggled in the game. On the plus side, the pass blocking was solid.

In terms of the QB options, Evan’s actually a pretty good passer when he has a lot of time. Last year, he was not good at all when pressured. The problem is he can’t run and isn’t able mix things up with RPO which limits us in games where the run is a real threat. The run game was beyond dreadful. Gavin had 43 of our 64 yards. If Gavin was as accurate as Evan when throwing with time we’d be a lot better. If Evan could run, he’d probably be starting IMO.

it’s pretty amazing when you think about it, that there are 133 D1 CFB programs, 86 of which go to a bowl game each year, and it now looks like it would take a minor miracle to make one with this offense.

Very simple, if we don’t go bowling this year, Greg HAS to go. He’s now on year 3 with Gavin who looks like the same deer in the headlights as he was as a freshman

Last year in Big Ten play the team scored 10, 10, 13, 24, 0, 17, 21, 10 and 0, an average of 12 points per game. Today they scored 13 points. Not much change there. So far this year, in 3 Big Ten games, they're averaging 15 points per game. The team still scores roughly 2 TDs per game, in an offense-crazed era. Once or twice a year, they manage 3 TDs in a game. I'm tingling from the adrenaline.
so, your telling me scoring is up by 25%.

it’s pretty amazing when you think about it, that there are 133 D1 CFB programs, 86 of which go to a bowl game each year, and it now looks like it would take a minor miracle to make one with this offense.

Very simple, if we don’t go bowling this year, Greg HAS to go. He’s now on year 3 with Gavin who looks like the same deer in the headlights as he was as a freshman
You think ECU is going to make a bowl this year? Guess we can get Houston cheap after he gets fired.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
You think ECU is going to make a bowl this year? Guess we can get Houston cheap after he gets fired.
I think that ECU made a bowl game the last 2 years which is 2 more than we've legitamately earned under Schiano.

Houston and ECU haven't been as impressive this year though, I'm not sure if Mike's the best answer for us but seeing our offense put up 6 points in 55 minutes yesterday is just the same old insanity Greg... Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result

Point taken.
Gavin has now played in 18 games. Not sure how many P5 Coaches in CFB today would keep him as the starting QB based on what he has shown. Well we know there is one.

Reactions: zebnatto
I think that ECU made a bowl game the last 2 years which is 2 more than we've legitamately earned under Schiano.

Houston and ECU haven't been as impressive this year though, I'm not sure if Mike's the best answer for us but seeing our offense put up 6 points in 55 minutes yesterday is just the same old insanity Greg... Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result
I don’t get the not counting the last 5 min. I know Miami wishes they can not count the last 5 minutes yesterday.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I don’t get the not counting the last 5 min. I know Miami wishes they can not count the last 5 minutes yesterday.
Miami was actually in the game until the end, a TD with 4 and a half minutes left down 21 is exactly what's referred to as, a GARBAGE TIME TD.

Point taken.
Gavin has now played in 18 games. Not sure how many P5 Coaches in CFB today would keep him as the starting QB based on what he has shown. Well we know there is one.
The bigger issue is not even trying to go out and find competition for him. It's not like we saw anything from Gavin last year that gave us confidence. Not saying transfers are always the right approach but surely it couldn't hurt to bring in some better competition to push Gavin.

And before anyone says Ajani, his next biggest offers were Uconn and Navy... that's not a realistic option for taking snaps as a freshman, that's a guy who needs to sit for 2 years before he sniffs the field coming in in the 4th quarter of our annual blowout vs Wagner

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Miami was actually in the game until the end, a TD with 4 and a half minutes left down 21 is exactly what's referred to as, a GARBAGE TIME TD.
Yeah, that’s why Wisc had all the starters in for garbage time.

The bigger issue is not even trying to go out and find competition for him. It's not like we saw anything from Gavin last year that gave us confidence. Not saying transfers are always the right approach but surely it couldn't hurt to bring in some better competition to push Gavin.

And before anyone says Ajani, his next biggest offers were Uconn and Navy... that's not a realistic option for taking snaps as a freshman, that's a guy who needs to sit for 2 years before he sniffs the field coming in in the 4th quarter of our annual blowout vs Wagner
What about AJ next year? 38th ranked QB
Offers from Tennessee, MSU, BC, Duke, PITT, etc.

Also Simon should be getting opportunities if he is healthy. If the Run game is not working and we are behind in the game we know Wimsatt passing won’t get us back in the game. Give Simon a chance.

Okay sure. The team looks identical to the one Schiano inherited in 2019. Right. We’re vastly improved in every facet of the game.

ECU is not better than what Houston took over right now.

Reactions: Wagram97
Okay sure. The team looks identical to the one Schiano inherited in 2019. Right. We’re vastly improved in every facet of the game.

You mean there won't be a 35-0 loss to Indiana, a 30-0 loss to Iowa and 45-7 loss to Maryland?

Respectfully you have no idea what you are talking about in regards to Houston and ECU. He inherited a team that went 3-9 three straight years prior to his hiring, within 3 years he had them bowling, went 8-4 year 4 winning their bowl game, and took a step back this year after losing 14 starters from last years squad including his qb, rb, top 2 receivers and starting TE. The offense was GUTTED with graduation this year and yes, teams are going to have up and down years.

I will trade that for 4 years of the anemic offenses like we’ve had under Schiano any day of the week.

Is the team as bad as 2019? Of course not. Are we anywhere close to where we should be with how Greg was portrayed as the lord and savior of Rutgers football? We have the rest of the season to make a bowl and find out…

What about AJ next year? 38th ranked QB
Offers from Tennessee, MSU, BC, Duke, PITT, etc.

Also Simon should be getting opportunities if he is healthy. If the Run game is not working and we are behind in the game we know Wimsatt passing won’t get us back in the game. Give Simon a chance.
Unless it’s a kid whose an all world, 5 star absolutely no doubter (Trevor Lawrence, Terrell Prior) type of guy I don’t think any true freshman should be playing in this conference if a team can help it.

Heck Texas isn’t even starting Arch Manning yet

It’s important to have guys with experience and leadership abilities. It also wouldn’t hurt to poach a guy from a winning program who’s used to a winning culture.

Reactions: mdk01
Respectfully you have no idea what you are talking about in regards to Houston and ECU. He inherited a team that went 3-9 three straight years prior to his hiring, within 3 years he had them bowling, went 8-4 year 4 winning their bowl game, and took a step back this year after losing 14 starters from last years squad including his qb, rb, top 2 receivers and starting TE. The offense was GUTTED with graduation this year and yes, teams are going to have up and down years.

I will trade that for 4 years of the anemic offenses like we’ve had under Schiano any day of the week.

Is the team as bad as 2019? Of course not. Are we anywhere close to where we should be with how Greg was portrayed as the lord and savior of Rutgers football? We have the rest of the season to make a bowl and find out…
Sorry but he never won more than 7 conference games in a weak conference. Then won a nothing bowl. He did that twice and now this year he’s tanking. On no planet is what he did at ECU more impressive than what Schiano accomplished his first time around here. If we win 6 this year Schiano 2.0 is also looking much better than him going into the off-season. I don’t care about budgets of major conferences being different - BS. Not all major conference teams play in the BIG east. 6 wins with our schedule is better than 7 win East Carolina’s schedule any day.

Sorry but he never won more than 7 conference games in a weak conference. Then won a nothing bowl. He did that twice and now this year he’s tanking. On no planet is what he did at ECU more impressive than what Schiano accomplished his first time around here. If we win 6 this year Schiano 2.0 is also looking much better than him going into the off-season. I don’t care about budgets of major conferences being different - BS. Not all major conference teams play in the BIG east. 6 wins with our schedule is better than 7 win East Carolina’s schedule any day.
Who said anything about what Greg did his first time around here? Your words were ‘ECU is worse now than what he inherited’.
That is a demonstrably false statement. Who in the world brought up Greg 1.0? It was 15 years ago, who cares?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT