ADVERTISEMENT

Wonderful first-person article by Mohamed Sanu

Wow!
What could I possibly contribute on this thread after reading that.
Rutgers University is better because of Mo, it would be a much lesser University with out him!

I played summer pick-up hoops often at Bicentennial Park in EB often with top local HS and college players, including RU players and not one of them could defend Vinny Jackson..small but.just too darn quick. I believe at the time PSU was recruiting him to play football.

I would really like to hate the Player's Tribune but most of the time I end up on one of their articles it is great (especially for less covered sports like soccer and hockey). Sanu's article is even better because of all of the references we get.

Thanks for posting this! Great article, enjoyable to read. Makes you feel good about humanity, and Mo specifically, of course.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. My daughter went to South Brunswick HS with him. She never got into sports too much despite being the daughter of a sports fanatic.
She would come home and show me pics of him and her gf's, and rave about how friendly he was, and what a great football player he was.
At that time we lived across the street from the fb field, I would walk the dog over there and check the game and Sanu out.
To cut it short I told her he was gonna play in the NFL one day. Well.....SB loves Sanu.

Great article.

Can't believe Sayreville Pop Warner was charging $300 over 10 years ago. That's seems like a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT