ADVERTISEMENT

Wow…

It is one game. They shot the ball poorly. Surprised 1010 is not on the Johnnies board.

This stood out the most to me. Cliff will unfortunately be in foul trouble a lot, especially with quality Big Ten big men. Agee will be in way over his head.
Let’s calm down on Agee. Didn’t see enough to judge. And I remember this fan base having Caleb McConnell transfer after playing his first Big 10 game.

Pike has punted three years of recruiting off two great years, he has 5 wasted schollies now

Palmquist, Reiber, Mag couldnt play for a patriot league team.
Jalen Miller didn’t see the floor tonight.
Luke Nathan is on scholarship.

and the 2022 class is two unranked players, one of which was getting offers to G5 schools as a TE not for hoops
And yet we were a tourney caliber team the last two years and have a decent chance to make that 3 in a row. While we didn't play great, we're not going to shoot 1-13 from deep very often - if we just make a pedestrian 4-13, we win by 10 and nobody is complaining.

Pike has punted three years of recruiting off two great years, he has 5 wasted schollies now

Palmquist, Reiber, Mag couldnt play for a patriot league team.
Jalen Miller didn’t see the floor tonight.
Luke Nathan is on scholarship.

and the 2022 class is two unranked players, one of which was getting offers to G5 schools as a TE not for hoops

I cannot argue against anything in this post

recruiting is a major concern

Sheesh

Yes it is but why are we talking about other teams wins and losses?
They are trying to give you perspective but it doesn't seem to help. It is a long season, this was their first game and they were a little tight, and upsets do happen.

OP is a Mathis fan more than a Rutgers fan and just trolling. I'm 99.9% sure that profile pic is something I have seen elsewhere on the internet and not the OP.

Way too soon to hit the panic button even though we shot poorly tonight.

OP is a Mathis fan more than a Rutgers fan and just trolling. I'm 99.9% sure that profile pic is something I have seen elsewhere on the internet and not the OP.

Agreed. And it was a lid on the basket type game. We started forcing things and it got worse. We still won. 1-0 and we move on.

Reactions: RW90
If you click on Rutgers1010's picture you can see he has all of 164 posts.

I took a quick look.

NOT ONE post is pro RU....they are all either anti-Rutgers or just fighting with actual RU fans.

This guy is a troll.

and a Dick.

If you reverse image his profile pic, a bunch of links pop up probably indicating he's most likely using a fake profile pic.

He's not here for actual discourse. Sorry to disappoint.

Reactions: dpwhite and shields

It is only the first games and just check the scores of games last night. A lot of strange things happen on opening night. We should be grateful for the W and move on.

Thanks, i knew I had seen it before. He should be on a short leash for the ban hammer.

Big show on BTN just talked about our game. They said, remember Oakland took Michigan to OT two years ago, and these are games where you just need to win or you will be on the bubble or out. Katz said we need another scoring option to develop other than Baker and Harper, and 1 for 13 is not going to cut it. Yup.

Reactions: RUPete
Thanks, i knew I had seen it before. He should be on a short leash for the ban hammer.

Big show on BTN just talked about our game. They said, remember Oakland took Michigan to OT two years ago, and these are games where you just need to win or you will be on the bubble or out. Katz said we need another scoring option to develop other than Baker and Harper, and 1 for 13 is not going to cut it. Yup.
I think Hyatt can be that guy. Much more of a pure scorer than CM. Just needs the minutes.

We miss Myles and JY. We will not miss Mathis.
Hyatt >> Mathis

I think Hyatt can be that guy. Much more of a pure scorer than CM. Just needs the minutes.
We miss Myles and JY. We will not miss Mathis.
Hyatt >> Mathis

It was only one game, but the best news I saw from the front court was that at least the 3-5 combo of CM, Hyatt and RHJ seemed to hold its own in the post to give Cliff a rest. I expect to see that combo a lot early when Cliff sits based on what we saw from Agee. Maybe he’ll get better as the season goes on.

Jones defense was another disappointment for me. Regardless of his scoring, it’s going to be awfully hard to play him with Geo and Paul together right now. The short stretch with that combo was a disaster on the defensive end. Against Lehigh.

Just wow. That’s like us being happy about just making the tournament and losing to Houston when we could’ve won. Our fans are content with being just enough. We need more smh
You clearly don’t lack any reasonable perspective. I’m sure you’ve been a fan for two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT