ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix wins 2-1
Meredith beats Jack 4-3
nice win for Meredith.. Jack was starting to separate himself into a tier right below Heil... Fix gonna be a force...How Ok State going fit all 3 lightweight of Picciniinii, Fix, and Brock next year.... I guess Brock would go 41

Even crazier was he was a freshman champ... so u would think he continues to get better..

To be fair to Tsirtsis, he won it as a Frosh, 3rd as a Soph, then his life was turned upside down. His sister was killed in a car accident, he has not been the same since. I am hoping he can get the 149lb spot and end his career on the podium.

Anyone notice how NC State's wrestlers are all tall and lanky (not all)? Was wondering what our "theme" is when we recruit? Iowa wrestlers, PSU wrestlers, NC State Wrestlers, OK State wrestlers seem to all be a certain "type"... outside of "tough".... do we have any keys which we recruit to?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Anyone notice how NC State's wrestlers are all tall and lanky (not all)? Was wondering what our "theme" is when we recruit? Iowa wrestlers, PSU wrestlers, NC State Wrestlers, OK State wrestlers seem to all be a certain "type"... outside of "tough".... do we have any keys which we recruit to?
I like PSU's "theme" get as many top p4p talent as possible....

RANK WRESTLER SCHOOL CLASS CONFERENCE
1 Zain Retherford Penn State Senior Big Ten
2 Brandon Sorensen Iowa Senior Big Ten
3 Justin Oliver Central Michigan Junior MAC (Midlands, potentially)
4 Troy Heilmann North Carolina Senior ACC
5 Ke-Shawn Hayes Ohio State Sophomore Big Ten
7 Matthew Kolodzik Princeton Sophomore EIWA
8 Colton McCrystal Nebraska Senior Big Ten
9 Ryan Deakin Northwestern Freshman Big Ten
12 Josh Maruca Arizona State Sophomore ACC (Midlands, potentially)
13 Ronnie Perry Lock Haven Senior EWL
15 Zander Wick Wisconsin Freshman Big Ten
16 Grant Leeth Missouri Junior MAC (Midlands, potentially)
17 Beau Donahue North Carolina State Senior ACC (Midlands, potentially)
19 Sam Krivus Virginia Sophomore ACC
20 Jarrett Degen Iowa State Freshman Big 12 (Midlands, potentially)

Just a reminder of DeLuca's insane previous and upcoming schedule (red, losses, green, wins).

Reactions: IroniaHorse
While the Heil v. Meredith match was the highlight, don't forget Wyoming also took out 2017 AA's Brock and Rogers.

The altitude seemed to affect OSU greatly. Most of the OSU wrestlers was sucking wind by the end of their matches. I think OSU actually had 3 AAs go down to unranked Wyoming wrestlers. Fun match to watch on Flo. Heck of a week for Meredith.

Dean Heil is average at best under the new scrambling rules. He can't dive at an ankle and roll to his back anymore like he could last year. He'll finish 4th at best this year.... Bryce, Jack, Yianni go 123 in no particular order.

Dean Heil is average at best under the new scrambling rules. He can't dive at an ankle and roll to his back anymore like he could last year. He'll finish 4th at best this year.... Bryce, Jack, Yianni go 123 in no particular order.
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, I do not think it means what you think it means.

I get what you're trying to say though. I think Yianni will win it all this year.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Dean goes down to Meredith 2-1 last night.
I was thinking the same thing... the way Heil wrestles all the close ones he was bound to lose... it's really amazing to me how he won so many close ones and 2x champ already tho... what I said bout yianni being contender doesn't sound so crazy now lol

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, I do not think it means what you think it means.

I get what you're trying to say though. I think Yianni will win it all this year.

HAHAHA you're right. Average and making All American aren't at all congruent. I think he is just another Ok State all american under these rules, and not a champion. my bad!

Reactions: belushijo
Really? Without Ash (or a RU wrestler in contention), I just don't care as much. Maybe MVB might make some noise come March.
Hoping Ash can wrestle next year once this weight clears up. MVB filling in greatly. His win vs Iowa was very impressive

157lb also! JVB will do well here. Hope Lewis kicks some butt at 165!
Gonna take awhile for JVB to adjust to the weight loss tho ...he bulked up to go 165 so going down now because of the RL debacle might be tough going at first.

RU recruit Kyle Lightner out for the season. Injured his knee during off season. Tough break. $$$$

Gonna take awhile for JVB to adjust to the weight loss tho ...he bulked up to go 165 so going down now because of the RL debacle might be tough going at first.

Does anyone know if Van Brill is eligible to wrestle 157 at Midlands, should he make weight? I’m not all certain about the hydration rules and cutting weight in x amount of days.

Eierman takes out Yanni 9-6. He also had tech fall against Dippery 19-3
Lavallee tech fall over Clagon

Lots of good matches at the South Beach Duals

Reactions: Abro1975
Eierman takes out Yanni 9-6. He also had tech fall against Dippery 19-3
Lavallee tech fall over Clagon

Lots of good matches at the South Beach Duals

Parker from Lehigh 133lb gets upset 8-6 by Jimenez from Af at Scuffle
Parker’s first match of the day

Reactions: Abro1975
Southern Scuffle finals lineup for 7pm tonight:

Finals Matchups