ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought McKenna to OSU was a done deal.

PSU/OSU/Michigan
Will they be the top 3 in the NCAA's this year?
The National Title will be up for grabs.

PS: Is Mason Manville still wrestling for PSU and if so, will he start?
Manville is enrolled, he's going to Penn State. Whether he starts is anyone's guess. Both he and Hall still have redshirts available and he may take an olympic shirt too.

Anyone from RU (current / recruits) at Fargo that we would be interested in following?
Cadets are wrestling today so they tend to be younger. But I would keep an eye on Robert Kanniard. Will be a Junior this coming season. Last year in state semi's gave Glasgow a hell of a match. Hearing there may be some interest on both parties.

Last edited:
Reactions: silentwillie
Joey Silva from FL (#2 @ 132 & #9 overall for 2018 by Flo) verbals to Michigan.

Saw this on another site. Check out this bracket from a tourny a few years ago:

DEuAlC8VYAA5jNT.jpg

Interesting thread from the Ohio state board. I noticed in the first post , there was a national champ from Montclair State , when D2 & D3 champs were allowed to enter the D1 tournament. . I had no idea.
Adding only one more spot per weight class .

http://www.ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6396
Montclair St. had put several Div. III champs on the podium in Div I before they had to drop the sport for Title IX compliance. One year they finished 11th in the Div. I NCAA's.

Reactions: Abro1975
Cadets are wrestling today so they tend to be younger. But I would keep an eye on Robert Kanniard. Will be a Junior this coming season. Last year in state semi's gave Glasgow a hell of a match. Hearing there may be some interest on both parties.
He's in the finals

Interesting thread from the Ohio state board. I noticed in the first post , there was a national champ from Montclair State , when D2 & D3 champs were allowed to enter the D1 tournament. . I had no idea.
Adding only one more spot per weight class .

http://www.ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6396
Former pro bowl Steeler Carlton Haselrig was the only 6 time NCAA wrestling champion. He won 3 D2 national titles and D1 national championships. He was such an incredible athlete that he won a PIAA state championship with out ever wrestling a regular season match because his high school did not have wrestling. Despite never having played football in college the Steelers drafted him.

Montclair St. had put several Div. III champs on the podium in Div I before they had to drop the sport for Title IX compliance. One year they finished 11th in the Div. I NCAA's.

If my memory serves me well, Pete Gonzalez and the Monaco brothers also hit the podium in the mid-late-80s at MS. Confirmed:

https://www.edgewrestling.com/champions/

In 1981, the 190 final saw wrestlers from Trenton State and Temple. I was there to witness it. In those days, you could walk up to the ticket window at Jadwin and get a ticket right before the session. Lou Banach pinned Bruce Baumgartner to finish the night.

http://nwhof.org/NCAA-Brackets/PDF/NCAA 1981.pdf

Reactions: koleszar
Kanniard is your Fargo National Champ with a TF 17-6 win.
Hope we pull all the stops and land him.

Obviously im speculating here because I dont know where we stand with scholorship allotment hut. Alot of money comes off the books next season with ashnault,lewis,and delvecchio. Even if we have to offer Suriano a full package we should still have a decent package available to offer him.

Last edited:
Obviously im speculating here because I dont know where we stand with scholorship allotment hut. Alot of money comes off the books next season with ashnault,gravina,lewis,and delvecchio. Even if we have to offer Suriano a full package we should still have a decent package available to offer him.

No so fast on Gravina

You are right......my bad.
So.etimes I feel like he has been here longer :)

Antonio Mininno committed to Drexel today joining his brother Dante who committed a few weeks ago. Can't see either of them getting up to 133 so they will be battling for 125.

Antonio Mininno committed to Drexel today joining his brother Dante who committed a few weeks ago. Can't see either of them getting up to 133 so they will be battling for 125.

Plus Austin DeSanto from Exeter, PA, who defeated Spencer Lee and Justin Mejia this past season and was 100+ wins and 1 loss (to Lee junior year) the last two years is, I believe, projected at 133. So that's a tough spot to crack.

Reactions: obrats
Not sure if anyone here is following B1G Football Media Days, but the new Fox contract includes Olympic sports. I'd love to see RU Wrestling on FS2 in addition to BTN.

Justifiable or not, ouch. To be the home state school and not in the Top 6 is embarassing. UNC sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.

Reactions: obrats
I wish i could dislike a post that has Pat Glory not having RU in his top 6.
Would be real nice to get a combined RTC with Princeton.

I thought Virginia was the school that stood out to me. Seems like North Carolina is really picking up the recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT