ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/11 NCAA Tournament Analysis***Rutgers 95% in***

well...its just more proof that bias matters...the brand matters...we're still a few years away from getting this type of respect

and btw...this is why we continue to get shafted by refs more than our peers...that will eventually change as well (but that's a story for another day)
You know what pisses me off? And I know in the end it may not matter.. but the report that the committee may take the OSU game into consideration came from THEM. Perhaps the B1G reached out. But their last public comment came way back.
Why not do everything you can to help a league member and issue a public statement like

" while we technically couldn't change the result of the Rutgers OSU game we ask that the committee consider the outcome of the game
Rutgers victory "

At a minimum it would make news and firmly bring it into the talking head discussions.

Thanks for nothing B1G.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
RU SOS 51
MSU SOS 46

RU. 19-14
MSU 21-12

This shouldn’t even be debateable in my eyes
It is close and it is debatable. They beat Marquette in the OOC but played no one else when they started the year winning first 10 games. They then lost 8 of 9 . They beat TCU in OT at home in the challenge without Mike Miles. They were blown out at Tennessee and against Alabama in first game of SEC tourney. They have 1 win against the top 4 of their conference losing to Tennessee , losing to Alabama 3x and losing to Kentucky. They beat Texas A/M, at home last week.
I already posted what we have done and they do not have the best win of the year on the road ,# 1 Purdue and we beat the top 4 in our league , they did not . Not really impressed at all with them. Getting blown out by 33 to Tennessee and 23 to Alabama on a neutral is not exactly material to claim they should not be an argument.

Reactions: fischy5000
It is close and it is debatable. They beat Marquette in the OOC but played no one else when they started the year winning first 10 games. They then lost 8 of 9 . They beat TCU in OT at home in the challenge without Mike Miles. They were blown out at Tennessee and against Alabama in first game of SEC tourney. They have 1 win against the top 4 of their conference losing to Tennessee , losing to Alabama 3x and losing to Kentucky. They beat Texas A/M, at home last week.
I already posted what we have done and they do not have the best win of the year on the road ,# 1 Purdue and we beat the top 4 in our league , they did not . Not really impressed at all with them. Getting blown out by 33 to Tennessee and 23 to Alabama on a neutral is not exactly material to claim they should not be an argument.
Their schedule was harder AND they had 2 more wins (and 2 less losses). I don’t care about the color. RU with our OOC schedule should have won 20 to 21 games and we didn’t.

I’ll be pleased to be in 64. I’ll take being in 68. I will NOT be outraged if we are in the NiT.

Reactions: Raritan83
Their schedule was harder AND they had 2 more wins (and 2 less losses). I don’t care about the color. RU with our OOC schedule should have won 20 to 21 games and we didn’t.

I’ll be pleased to be in 64. I’ll take being in 68. I will NOT be outraged if we are in the NiT.
sorry, but that's pathetic

if we dont get in, we should light sh!t on fire...

You are in the minority On the NIT comment. Our resume plenty good compared to others on bubble. Almost all experts agree.

Reactions: RU23 and SirScarlet

You didn't respond to my reply about really being 1 more win/1 less loss and them having 3 less Q1/2 wins and 3 more Q1/2 loses.

Getting blown out your last game when you know you are on the bubble should be important especially if things are close. Whether the committee dives in to that degree I'll leave to the experts here. But it should. And the fact we were every bit the equal of Purdue should count as well.

I just dont get the swap of us and Miss St...they just got crushed by Alabama(1 seed) and we were within striking range losing to Purdue(Also a 1 seed).
I know its full body of work but compare the 2 teams and they are very similar. They have us on SOR and Quad 3 record

We are 10-10 Q1/2 and they are 8-11. We also have the win over #1 Purdue on the road.

Better NET, Kenpom, BPI, Sagarin and, T-Rank
Better sos too

Reactions: RUBlackout
Getting blown out your last game when you know you are on the bubble should be important especially if things are close. Whether the committee dives in to that degree I'll leave to the experts here. But it should. And the fact we were every bit the equal of Purdue should count as well.
We're Rutgers and this is Jersey. Sure we had a wtf game ( 1 after OSU) and a wtf finish (Minny) but all the talk is bad games not great wins.

The team you saw last two games with changes and before mag went down is not a play in team if the goal of the tournament is best teams.. we're supposed to just be happy getting a bone and getting in.

Last edited:
Reactions: #1 RUFan
You are in the minority On the NIT comment. Our resume plenty good compared to others on bubble. Almost all experts agree.
Right but the problem is each of the teams on the bubble can argue their resume also stacks up. If you want no doubt you need to take care of business (Temple, SHU, MN, NE, or NW) and we didn’t. As such now it’s in the hands of others.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Does the committee give sort of a tiebreaker edge to the team from a less represented conference ?

Reactions: RU23
The Nits won't quite go away. 6 point game late (let's get this over with so we can see Bac's final bracket!)

The B1G tournament showed what a dogfight the conference is, and it also showed how good Purdue is, though I'm sure many are expecting them to crash out early as usual.

Edey is just impossible to deal with if you don't have a legit, 6'11+ center (aka Cliff)

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84

You are nuts. We had the harder conference schedule not them. They played no one in the OOC besides Marquette. Where are you getting your info ?

You are nuts. We had the harder conference schedule not them. They played no one in the OOC besides Marquette. Where are you getting your info ?
To dive into that - neutral site Wisconsin or Michigan (ie teams out) against their 2 seed A and M it's a tough call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT