ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

nutfromSEC117

All American
Nov 2, 2002
Need to reverse the poopie start to season.

No energy , no life , no pain in the bum grinder on this team.

It's way early but Terry's seat is getting warm (way early!!). Do you count awful exhibition season?

Will the met hating dbags jump in this thread too? That other thread started out well and the usual dbags could not contain themselves.

Its early. I'm not worried.

It's way early but Terry's seat is getting warm (way early!!). Do you count awful exhibition season?

Tweak the title.. "Let's go Mets 2016 thread"

Collins seat is not warm yet. The Mets have not hit since October 2015. Cespedes fell in the Wilpons lap so it could be a lot worse. A normal day in the life as a Mets fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newbrunfus
"Break Up" -- I mean -- "Wake Up The Mets!"

Never underestimate the "small pieces" you obtain and let go that help to build team chemistry. Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson may not have seemed like key pieces, but they sure have been missed this first week.

Never underestimate the "small pieces" you obtain and let go that help to build team chemistry. Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson may not have seemed like key pieces, but they sure have been missed this first week.

Uribe should have been signed but the wilpons view nickels as manhole covers so we get Eric Camble.

Reactions: MulletCork
Will the met hating dbags jump in this thread too? That other thread started out well and the usual dbags could not contain themselves.

What's wrong with hating the Mets? Why do NET fans get so freakin' annoyed by this. I couldn't care less if Met fans hate The Yankees and every Yankee fan I know feels the same way.

BTW it all starts with morons, like one good friend of mine, claiming that The Mets are gonna have "5 20-game winners" and nonsense like that. Enjoy your team, enjoy the season, but it's commenrs like that which make non-Met fans cringe (almost yearly).

What's wrong with hating the Mets? Why do NET fans get so freakin' annoyed by this. I couldn't care less if Met fans hate The Yankees and every Yankee fan I know feels the same way.
I don't give a shite if you hate a team. But don't be a dbag when a friendly thread is started that is going well and fill it with a bunch of drivel and vitriol (does not apply to what you said). Its the same thing with game threads--some folks can't wait to be a negative dbag the moment something goes wrong for the team. Just a pet peeve, but as you know, I like folks with a positive outlook. I despise the certain teams, but I don't jump into threads about those teams and act like a jagaloon. Some people enjoy that role.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I don't give a shite if you hate a team. But don't be a dbag when a friendly thread is started that is going well and fill it with a bunch of drivel and vitriol (does not apply to what you said). Its the same thing with game threads--some folks can't wait to be a negative dbag the moment something goes wrong for the team. Just a pet peeve, but as you know, I like folks with a positive outlook. I despise the certain teams, but I don't jump into threads about those teams and act like a jagaloon. Some people enjoy that role.

Fair enough!

I like that you call this a Mets thread without the douche bags when the OP, a supposed Mets fan, is already in panic mode. Its not even tax day. Mets fans need to relax

Reactions: Knight Shift
I like that you call this a Mets thread without the douche bags when the OP, a supposed Mets fan, is already in panic mode. Its not even tax day. Mets fans need to relax
Agreed. You tried to do a nice thing with that other thread and it started off well. There is no reason why Yankees fans and Mets fans can't coexist and talk baseball. Never think to pile on the Yankees when they are down, even though they are not my favorite team.

BTW it all starts with morons, like one good friend of mine, claiming that The Mets are gonna have "5 20-game winners" and nonsense like that. Enjoy your team, enjoy the season, but it's commenrs like that which make non-Met fans cringe (almost yearly).

Whitebus the ultimate DB

Agreed. You tried to do a nice thing with that other thread and it started off well. There is no reason why Yankees fans and Mets fans can't coexist and talk baseball. Never think to pile on the Yankees when they are down, even though they are not my favorite team.
The other thread is about what we should all agree on. The Mets and Yankees should have a good summer. And for baseball fans in this area that is awesome.

Sort of like non- Mets fans comments like we should make the World Series every 3 years and moron nonsensene like that.

1) 2-3 (soon to become 2-4) does not constitute a poopie start. It is a poopie start of a start. Let's wait until at least the end of April before critiquing the Mets start. I'd actually go beyond that and define the "start" as 40 games.

2) No energy, no life? Teams always look that way when they aren't hitting. When you aren't hitting, you're not running the bases and doing all the things that connote energy and life. When the Mets start hitting, as they will, they'll look a lot more energetic.

3) The manager of any team is not on the hot seat after less than 4% of the season. And when that team is the defending league champion, well, that does not justify comment.

4) For even hinting that exhibition season "counts" (in any sport) you run the risk of having your fan credentials revoked.

You are correct about the "way early" part though. I will give you credit for that.

I always thought Yankee fans considered themselves above hating the Mets. Hatred requires some degree of emotional involvement, of which most Yankee fans consider the Mets to be unworthy. At least they used to, has that changed?

I have always thought chemistry in baseball was way overrated. Baseball is the most individual of the team sports. I am more concerned about physics than chemistry.

I always thought Yankee fans considered themselves above hating the Mets. Hatred requires some degree of emotional involvement, of which most Yankee fans consider the Mets to be unworthy. At least they used to, has that changed?
Wow.

U should get out of the house.

There is a difference between hatred and disdain. For instance, certain B1G schools may view RU's athletic program with disdain. Their hatred must be earned.

Have the Mets earned the hatred of Yankee fans?

If that helps you- Whatever LOL
There have been two baseball threads derailed by clowns like you.
I have supported both. Love baseball but clowns like you have a stupid agenda. Talk baseball or STFU

Sort of like non- Mets fans comments like we should make the World Series every 3 years and moron nonsensene like that.

115 club seasons. 40 WS appearances. That's an appearance every 2.875 seasons. You subtract the 22 seasons before we played in our first World Series and it's an appearance every 2,325 seasons.

These are FACTS, and nothing "moronic" about them, sorry.

Even as a Met fan, I would have to agree that your friends are morons...
The Mets have an insanely good rotation, but not one of them are going to win 20 because they won't be allowed to pitch enough unless one of them has a season for the ages and goes something like 20-3.

There have been two baseball threads derailed by clowns like you.
I have supported both. Love baseball but clowns like you have a stupid agenda. Talk baseball or STFU
No agenda. I just want a continuation of a Mets only thread chief. Last years Mets only thread was great.

You are a yankee fan..start a yankes thread clown

No agenda. I just want a continuation of a Mets only thread chief. Last years Mets only thread was great.

You are a yankee fan..start a yankes thread clown
I didn't start a Yankee thread ahole. Read the title and read my posts. Its a NYC baseball thread jerk!
And you if you had the ability to read and comprehend you would have seen that I posted many times in support of the Mets in last year's thread. But clowns like you have to derail all threads. Thanks for lack of input.

I didn't start a Yankee thread ahole. Read the title and read my posts. Its a NYC baseball thread jerk!
And you if you had the ability to read and comprehend you would have seen that I posted many times in support of the Mets in last year's thread. But clowns like you have to derail all threads. Thanks for lack of input.

Wow the Mets sucked tonight

Last edited:
I have always thought chemistry in baseball was way overrated. Baseball is the most individual of the team sports. I am more concerned about physics than chemistry.

I dunno about that. I thought the Yankees were within striking distance of another World Series or two if they just acquired (or encouraged guys they had) to play some small ball among all the home run hitters. No excuse for the low percentage of getting guys in from third with less than two outs. Or worse, loading the bases and not even scoring. Can't recall teams that were so adept at getting runners on and so bad at not getting them in over the last half dozen seasons.

I dunno about that. I thought the Yankees were within striking distance of another World Series or two if they just acquired (or encouraged guys they had) to play some small ball among all the home run hitters. No excuse for the low percentage of getting guys in from third with less than two outs. Or worse, loading the bases and not even scoring. Can't recall teams that were so adept at getting runners on and so bad at not getting them in over the last half dozen seasons.

Agree. I think the '96 Yanks were a "chemistry" team as have been a lot of other WS winners. Look at those WS the Yanks lost (see: Marlins), and even AL Championships to teams like The Angels and Red Sox, who were pure "chemistry" teams, IMHO. Shit, off the top of my head, I can't name more than 3 position players for the 2002 Angels (Salmon, Molina, Erstad).

I thought arnuts banned here?
Agree. I think the '96 Yanks were a "chemistry" team as have been a lot of other WS winners. Look at those WS the Yanks lost (see: Marlins), and even AL Championships to teams like The Angels and Red Sox, who were pure "chemistry" teams, IMHO. Shit, off the top of my head, I can't name more than 3 position players for the 2002 Angels (Salmon, Molina, Erstad).

96 yanks? This is a Mets thread. Casting....I thought arnuts was banned on this site?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT