ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

RCTrooper

All American
Apr 9, 2010
For the first time in about 6-7 years, I'm really excited about the Mets being able to compete for a playoff spot. It stinks that we lost Wheeler because, although we are probably 7 deep with better than average MLB starters, we have one less pitcher (Gee, Niese) to trade for offense this summer.

Hopefully Duda follows through on last year, Granderson hits 30 HRs with some average, Flores sticks and Cudyyer stays healthy. Should be fun.

Division may be a long long shot , but a wild card is possible if we take advantage of the Braves and Philwees. I will be nervous every pitch Harvey throws. Can he stay healthy ? If he does then we have a chance !

This is always such a painful time. I watch but it happens in slo-motion....the cards collapsing in on themselves.

I'm in a similar state,,,

Can't stand the Wilpons but going to Citi to see MH and JG this year...

I think they win middle 80's........

Just as I'm always optimistic about Rutgers im always optimistic about my Mets until the injuries kick in and the wheels slowly come off. With that said I'm going with 88 wins and playoffs for sure. I Will be betting on Them in Vegas to win the NL and WS like I painfully always do but this year I will be betting a bit extra. Let's Go Mets!!!

I will also add that the offensive lineup is stacked compared to previous years and stacked so well with potential that David Wright is batting in the 2 hole. Hopefully the offense will put up a lot of runs because the middle infield D is poor at best and their lack of D and turning double plays will prolong innings and keep pitch counts up higher possibly hurting some arms and wearing guys out.

This post was edited on 4/6 4:44 PM by Newbrumfest

Something may have happened to Meija. He was suppose to come in the 9th and went into the dugout. They had to go to a rotation of releivers in the 9th. Meija needs to be healthy.

Originally posted by Ru2bnj:

Something may have happened to Meija. He was suppose to come in the 9th and went into the dugout. They had to go to a rotation of releivers in the 9th. Meija needs to be healthy.
Not a met fan here , but Meija left due to elbow issues. That's a big problem when you've already had TJ. Colon story is amazing , must have pumped that HGH like it was free.

Familia will take over as the closer. I always thought that he had better stuff than Mejia.

McMahon, I don't understand the criticism of Colon. You must be a fan of a team that never had a juicer.
Are you a fan of a fantasy team?

I love the Mets.The one thing i worry about is their defense..The only two positions that are safe are centerfield and third..Left and right field are brutal.No need to talk about 2nd and short..Maybe worst in baseball..But the pitching could be astonishing.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Why did Colon start ahead of Matt Harvey?
Business reasons. They are setting up the rotation so that Harvey pitches the second home game at Citi Field. Home Opener at Citi will be a sell-out and Harvey will draw really well the next night. Actually, this kinda works in Mets' fans favor. If you want to see Harvey pitch, you'll be able to see him at the lowest ticket price tier. If he was going on the home opener, you'd pay the highest ticket tier or above (on StubHub)

By the way, Abro. I spot started Bartolo today in our Yahoo league.

Colon is a smart pitcher, who has been accused of PEDs or whatever, but I guess he's coming up clean. Pitched a good game today, and has been effective the past few years. Who'd a thunk he'd be better than CC Sabathia at this point. And IMO, Tanaka should have had surgery last year, Yanks looked very old today.

So the Nats are favored to win the division. But what about the Braves, who are always a thorn in the Mets' side? And why did the Braves deal Kimbrel?

Originally posted by SAE96:
Familia will take over as the closer. I always thought that he had better stuff than Mejia.

McMahon, I don't understand the criticism of Colon. You must be a fan of a team that never had a juicer.
Honestly, I don't care at all and I'm a Yanks fan. How Colon, Big Papi , etc escaped much of the media/fan criticism is a lesson in PR strategy.

Parnell will be back at closer in a few weeks so even in worst case scenario we have our starting closer back soon -assuming his arm doesn't fall off. Harvey is also not starting so that he can skip 5-6 starts this season in strategic spots to save innings.

Originally posted by RUMcMahon:

Originally posted by SAE96:

Honestly, I don't care at all and I'm a Yanks fan. How Colon, Big Papi , etc escaped much of the media/fan criticism is a lesson in PR strategy.
I thought Andy Pettitte was actually the PR expert when it came to HGH confessions. He gets caught and does a news conference in response, where he lies that "it was only one time." Gets caught in this new lie, does another mea culpa news conference and is deified by Yankee fans. Bonds, Clemens, ARod, Braun, Colon etc... are all disliked by the majority of baseball fans but not Pettitte. The "aw shucks" Opie routine plays well with the public.

I agree with an earlier poster that holding back Harvey, until the second night at Citi, was a monetary decision. Mets' ownership has serious financial issues and continues to lie about it. If the Mets have a good season, it will be in spite of the Wilpons.

The reason why Harvey's first start is not until the 3rd series is to skip a start. The reason he is starting game 8 as opposed to 7 is monetary.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Knight Shift:
THE METS WIN!!!!
Scrolling through this thread before it's exiled to some dark, sparsely inhabited, dusty corner of this website, I could almost hear Bob Murphy as I read that short but sweet sentence. Made my day. Thanks!

So the Nats are favored to win the division. But what about the Braves, who are always a thorn in the Mets' side? And why did the Braves deal Kimbrel?
Hope said in jest about the Braves. They couldn't score last year before they gutted their team. And now they trade the best thing they had going for them in their closer. I guess they figured he wouldn't have a whole lot of opportunities anyway.

Have been on Mets Strike for years; i refuse to go to Citi Field. Wont watch a team that wont do what they need to do to win in professional sports.

If they start to win this year I might be persuaded to watch a game from my comfy seat but i'm betting that come the All Star break they will be in big swoon. Post this thread again in July and it might be different but i doubt it

Wilpon's are a joke and i was hoping they would go to jail.

Originally posted by fg7321:
Have been on Mets Strike for years; i refuse to go to Citi Field. Wont watch a team that wont do what they need to do to win in professional sports.

If they start to win this year I might be persuaded to watch a game from my comfy seat but i'm betting that come the All Star break they will be in big swoon. Post this thread again in July and it might be different but i doubt it

Wilpon's are a joke and i was hoping they would go to jail.
Stay on strike ..no matter what. Too many front runners around today. I'm certainly no blue blood...but i've been bleeding a lot of blue over the years. Became a Met fan in 1969 as a young kid.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
Having grown up with Seaver, Koosman, Matlack and McGraw and seeing them win again with Gooden, Darling, Ojeda, and Fernandez, it's pretty damn awesome to see something resembling a real pitching staff again.

Originally posted by RUforJERSEY:

Hope said in jest about the Braves. They couldn't score last year before they gutted their team. And now they trade the best thing they had going for them in their closer. I guess they figured he wouldn't have a whole lot of opportunities anyway.
Braves are 5-0, and back to dominating the Mets in the early season. Mejia is out for 80 games with a PED violation.

If Hillary wins,the Mets are doomed from 2017-2020,as they have never had a winning season while a first term Democrat is President,going 0 for 19.

Originally posted by RUhasarrived:
If Hillary wins,the Mets are doomed from 2017-2020,as they have never had a winning season while a first term Democrat is President,going 0 for 19.
That's pretty funny.....IF Hillary wins.What are the odds on THAT happening ? I mean UConn was less likely to win the women's NCAA basketball championship than she is to be our next president.

For all the Bartolo haters. He got it done on the mound and at the plate today--RBI for Bartolo!!!!

colon_635x250_1428872732.jpg

For all the Bartolo haters. He got it done on the mound and at the plate today--RBI for Bartolo!!!!

That's what you call hitting 101 baby. Perfect form if I've ever seen it!

Originally posted by Exit117:

That's what you call hitting 101 baby. Perfect form if I've ever seen it!
It's not how you swing the bat, but where you put the ball that matters??!!!! His teammates gave him a pretty hard time back in the dugout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT