ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

I haven't heard one single thing about him causing any locker room issues. In fact the only thing I read was that Noah was so excited about him returning that he wants to get an apartment with him.

I'm hoping he doesn't cause any in the future. That worry is based on his occasionally recurring 'no hustle' episodes and his odd & somewhat alarmingly nomadic career.

I love the roster so I don't want chemistry issues to mar a championship run. Cespedes is clearly a fearsome hitter (though his OBP is poor).

I'm hoping he doesn't cause any in the future. That worry is based on his occasionally recurring 'no hustle' episodes and his odd & somewhat alarmingly nomadic career.

I love the roster so I don't want chemistry issues to mar a championship run. Cespedes is clearly a fearsome hitter (though his OBP is poor).

The no hustle thing is way over blown. So he occasionally does not run hard on a routine grounder to short, so what. I'd hate to see him pull a muscle running rad on a ground ball that has about a 1 in 100 chance of him beating. Its not his game. His game is hitting doubles and homers and he'll hit about 70 of them. Also, imho, a couple of those errors in centerfield were him getting closer to balls that others would not have tried to make a play on. They were not lack of hustle errors.
David Wright tweeted about him being a great teammate. That's good enough for me.

The no hustle thing is way over blown. So he occasionally does not run hard on a routine grounder to short, so what. I'd hate to see him pull a muscle running rad on a ground ball that has about a 1 in 100 chance of him beating. Its not his game. His game is hitting doubles and homers and he'll hit about 70 of them. Also, imho, a couple of those errors in centerfield were him getting closer to balls that others would not have tried to make a play on. They were not lack of hustle errors.
David Wright tweeted about him being a great teammate. That's good enough for me.

Not saying he never hustles. I've seen him sprint down the line on grounders. The most puzzling play was as a left fielder, he stood totally still as a ball bounced off the wall left of center. It bounced past Lagares & the Cespedes wasn't backing him up. Cohen & Darling called out Yoenis for not moving.

I'm just expressing concern that little incidents become a big problem in the future. The dude is a major power hitter that I wanted back in June - I was pissed when Alderson traded for injury-riddled Gomez. So thankful that fell through. And I didn't think we could sign YC for such a favorable deal, so consider me happy overall. My buddies & I are working on buying a 20-game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT