ADVERTISEMENT

Why can’t we still finish 10-10 in the B1G?

I am starting to believe post season torunament runs mean very little
Well if the NCAA committee sees Rutgers and Team B … you know which way that goes. I just look forward to them playing solid, complimentary basketball down the stretch. Time for us to be wearing those Ruby Red Addidas .

Well if the NCAA committee sees Rutgers and Team B … you know which way that goes. I just look forward to them playing solid, complimentary basketball down the stretch. Time for us to be wearing those Ruby Red Addidas .
the ncaa is a pipe dream. RU doesnt have the resume for it. To even get on the bubble RU would have to go 7-2 the rest of the way and they would need to win at either Purdue or Wisconsin while beating Wisconsin at home.

the ncaa is a pipe dream. RU doesnt have the resume for it. To even get on the bubble RU would have to go 7-2 the rest of the way and they would need to win at either Purdue or Wisconsin while beating Wisconsin at home.
Sounds good, let’s do it.

Reactions: Scangg
I am starting to believe post season torunament runs mean very little

Then there's only one thing left to do...

major-league.gif

we simply wont have the resume....are we winning at Purdue and sweeping Wisconsin
you and I both know this conversation is a waste of time...we are improved with Jeremiah back, but we are still at best an average B1G team.

We didn't get in at 19-14 with a high 200s OOC but were the 1st one out

Wouldn't you think at 20-13 (1-1 B1G) and a low 100s OOC we would get in?

Do you think the committee is that much of a slave to NET?

Reactions: BillyC80
Minnesota just beat MSU. Quietly sneaking way into NCAA tourney conversation.
they are at least on the board but a 361 non conference sos likely dooms them. Going to need to stack quality wins. Right now they do have 3 very good wins...Michigan State, NW, Nebby but those are all at home. 9 of their 15 wins are in Q4

Here is what they have left

at Iowa
at Purdue
Rutgers
Ohio State
at Nebraska
at Illinois
Penn State
Indiana
at Northwestern

Say they hold serve at home. Thats 10 Big 10 wins but those 4 wins are going to just be Q3 wins. 5 road games all in Q1...they need two of those....

gets them to 12-8 in the Big 10 and 21-10 overall. 3-6 in Q1, 4-3 in Q2, 5-1 in Q3, 9-0 in Q4....its still very problematic for them. They better hope those road wins are at Purdue and at Illinois because even with 12 Big 10 games that non conference black hole is going to hurt

you and I both know this conversation is a waste of time...we are improved with Jeremiah back, but we are still at best an average B1G team.

We would be in bc they would factor in how amazing we were once JWill was back

Interesting side stat: no B1G team has more total wins away from home (3) than Rutgers, except Purdue who has 5.

we do not have the resume at 19-12...to entertain a serious discussion, they have to finish 20-11. The middle part of the Big 10 is mediocre. The only true marquee wins are Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin. Mich St pretty good, NW/Nebby better to the eye test than on paper.....after those 6 though none of those games move any needles. How many games does RU have vs those 6....they have 5 and then 4 more vs the weaker. Even if 3 gets more Q1 win and beats the other 4 where do they stand

Wisconsin Quad 1 win
Northwestern Quad 2 win
at Minnesota Quad 2 perhaps Q1 win
at Purdue Quad 1 loss
Maryland Quad 3 win
Michigan Quad 3 win
at Nebraska Quad 1 win
at Wisconsin Quad 1 loss
Ohio State Quad 3 perhaps Q2 win

okay that puts RU at 19-12/11-9, the non conference sos is decent in the 150s and there is that win at Seton Hall, road mark wouldnt be an issue. but there is the problem....

(lets say OSU will be Q3 which moves RUs Q1 road game with them to Q2 and Minny moves to Q1)

Quad 1: 4-9
Quad 2: 4-2
Quad 3: 5-1
Quad 4: 6-0

Not a good Q1 mark...the Q1/2 combined just 8-11. Likely falls short. RU would have wins over how many tourney projected teams...Wisconsin, Nebby (and remember a loss to Ru would hurt their chances), Northwestern, Seton Hall

This simply would not be a NCAA resume IMO

would need to go 20-11/12-8 which means beating Purdue on the road

conference tourney actions means very little, RU would have to make the finals to move the needle and I have seen it not do anything for schools like Texas A&M so good luck with that

Reactions: gregkoko
obviously pending what the bubble looks like.

How is the committee going to look at the Mountain West Conference?
Would they possibly put 5 of those teams in?

obviously pending what the bubble looks like.
you or anyone else should not be talking about the bubble. We are currently 1-8 in Quad 1 which will be 1-7 soon as Ohio State on road moves to Q2 their next game. We beat a team that lost 10 of 11 and another team not in ncaa contention who has similar offensive woes. Win the next 2 and then we talk Ncaa and bubble

Reactions: gregkoko
you or anyone else should not be talking about the bubble. We are currently 1-8 in Quad 1 which will be 1-7 soon as Ohio State on road moves to Q2 their next game. We beat a team that lost 10 of 11 and another team not in ncaa contention who has similar offensive woes. Win the next 2 and then we talk Ncaa and bubble
the fact that we are saying win 2 games and we can discuss makes me feel good

There’s also a feasible world where Maryland jumps back into Q1. I feel like five Q1 wins, especially if 3 are on the road, is a competitive mark
perhaps but I am already putting Minnesota into Quad 1 and them losing to RU would hurt that standing

I dont think at win at Maryland a middle of the road team moves any NCAA needle

I have been living under a rock.....Houston is in the B12!

Bac how many teams do you think the P12 gets in next year?

Do we really need 4 Q1 wins to get in? Gonzaga and Wake have zero Q1 wins but they are sitting in the top 35 on NET.

After last night's game was thinking there might be a VERY slim best case scenario path to go 7-2 the rest of the way. But, changing that best case scenario to 6-3, which gets us to 10-10. Neby too tough at thier place

Wisky - W
NW - W
@Minn -W
@Perdue - L
Mary - W
Mich - W
@Neby - L
@Wisky -L
Ohio - W

Given where we were after that horrible Pedo State loss, I'd consider this a very decent season. However, given our well documented offensive woes, plenty of opportunity for the season to end in a crash and burn! ☹️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT