ADVERTISEMENT

2014-2015 Rutgers WBB TV/Internet Guide

oldman87

Heisman Winner
Apr 19, 2008
11/14/14 7pm vs St Joesph's - BTN Plus
11/18/14 7pm vs Northeastern - BTN Plus
11/22/14 2pm @ LSU - SECN+
11/25/14 7pm @ Wagner - Looks to be free through .
11/28/14 2pm vs Colgate - BTN Plus
11/30/14 1pm vs Davidson - BTN Plus
12/04/14 7pm vs UNC - BTN
12/07/14 3pm @ Arkansas - SECN+
12/10/14 6pm @ Temple - Shows live video option on their official site but not sure if free or behind a paid wall.
12/14/14 3pm vs Tenn - ESPN2
12/20/14 2pm @ Iona - Available through Iona Insider for 14.95 / month, what a rip off.
12/28/14 2pm @ Indiana - BTN Plus
01/01/15 2pm @ OSU - BTN Plus
01/04/15 12pm vs Iowa - BTN
01/07/15 7pm vs Michigan - BTN Plus
01/10/15 12pm @ PSU - BTN
01/15/15 9pm vs Maryland - BTN
01/18/15 3pm @ Wisconsin - BTN Plus
01/25/15 5pm vs Minnesota - BTN
01/29/15 7pm @ Purdue - BTN
02/01/15 12pm vs PSU - BTN
02/05/15 7pm vs Nebraska - BTN
02/08/15 2pm @ Michigan - BTN Plus
02/10/15 9pm @ Maryland - BTN
02/14/15 12pm vs Purdue - BTN
02/17/15 7pm vs Illinois - BTN Plus
02/22/15 2pm @ Michigan State - ESPN2
02/26/15 8pm @ Northwestern - BTN Plus
03/01/15 TBA vs Indiana - BTN Plus

BTN is free with cable subscription, you can also access the games on BTN2Go.
BTN Plus is a paid subscription on BTN2GO.
SECN+ is free with cable subscription that includes the ESPN family, access is through ESPN3.

This post was edited on 12/1 1:35 PM by oldman87

Re: 2014 Rutgers WBB TV/Internet Guide

I would just comment that ESPN3 is not available to DirecTV subscribers.

Also, at least historically, BTN has broadcast some games live and some games on tape delay, basically the next morning. Many of the latter have been more "local" productions. Whether that will apply on any of the RU games I don't know.

I just checked the schedule on BTN2Go for you, all BTN Rutgers games are live. I think they do that only with non big 3 Olympic sports, although they did have a 2 hour delay on OSU's exhibition game tonight but I think it was only because it was an exhibition, even then it was still live on BTN Plus.

Fantastic to have the listing but Rvision is also supposedly involved with a few of the games (e.g. Colgate and Davidson), according to today's (11/11) press release. And it looks like the Marist player (Viani) will be doing color for at least some of the games for BTN plus.

So, is Rvision still free?

Go RU! Beat St. Joe's!

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111114aab.html

That is new information, as of now, both games are still listed for BTN Plus which they have been for months, if in fact those 2 games are being moved back to RVision (probably in response to some of the complaints about donating to RVision with no games), they SHOULD be free. That said, since BTN Plus is a minimum monthly subscription and most will have it (like I do) for the other games throughout the season, I would rather see it on BTN Plus then not having on screen time and score as well as missing half of the defensive possessions due to the scoreboard slooooooooow motion replay, can't imaging RU putting in the necessary coins to upgrade the hold over skeleton crew just for 2 OOC games against lower level opponents.

Originally posted by oldman87:
I just checked the schedule on BTN2Go for you, all BTN Rutgers games are live. I think they do that only with non big 3 Olympic sports, although they did have a 2 hour delay on OSU's exhibition game tonight but I think it was only because it was an exhibition, even then it was still live on BTN Plus.
I watch a lot of WBB. And tape even more than I watch. And the BTN (on TV) has, since their inception, broadcast some women's basketball games the morning after. At least on DirecTV. They may have been shown live in the respective markets?? In which case they may be live for you guys and not for us in Arizona.

Because I don't generally watch random games when I know the result, I rarely tape the games that are not live, but they most certainly existed in past years. So perhaps I'll find out the story this year, if you guys are watching Rutgers and I'm watching on tape delay the next morning.

Posted by Doug

Doug, I believe this is the inaugural season for BTN Plus, games that otherwise may have been delayed broadcast in the past due to scheduling conflicts will now be live on BTN Plus, this is not to say that selected exciting games from BTN Plus won't be re-broadcast during off hours.

Here is the link to live events schedule on BTN2Go which includes both BTN and BTN Plus programing, I have checked all BTN Rutgers WBB games and there are no other events listed for the same time slot that may create a regional situation like in football, I think you can be sure that if you see the game listed as BTN in that link, that is the game you will see on BTN.

BTW I thought I was talking to Amy in this thread, you guys are so confusing.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Is BTN Plus available on my TV if I pay for a subscription through my provider, FIOS? I already get BTN.

Or, is it available online only?

Thank you, Oldman. I think I am even more confused LOL. At least I know what time it is. What time is it, you ask?

It's time for me to buy a new computer!!!!

Oldman nailed it -

According to my DirecTV BTN guide, the Northeastern game from BTN+ will indeed be shown (in a 90 minute version) in the morning time slot I have been referring to as tape delay of a game. Now, Oldman suggested they would re-broadcast "exciting games" - the only excitement I want from this game is an easy win!!

Posted by Doug

Hey...I'm still trying to get the 2013 highlight compilation thread pinned from 8 months ago.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It is still unclear who will broadcast Colgate and Davidson, beside that 1 article stating it will be on RVision, RVision still does not have those games listed on their schedule while both games are still listed on BTN Plus schedule, on top of that SK.com shows neither carrying the game. I guess we will find out on game day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT