ADVERTISEMENT

36 Year Season Ticketholder-Pat Please End This

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
For the sake of Chris Ash, for the players, for the fans, please don’t let this go on any longer. From what I can tell Coach Ash is a good guy and has given everything he can to Rutgers, but he can not rebuild what Flood burned down. Let someone else give it a shot. Let one of the assistants finish out the season. Do not drag this out until December 1. End it by this Monday. Please do not make any of us go through this for two and a half more months.

For the sake of Chris Ash, for the players, for the fans, please don’t let this go on any longer. From what I can tell Coach Ash is a good guy and has given everything he can to Rutgers, but he can not rebuild what Flood burned down. Let someone else give it a shot. Let one of the assistants finish out the season. Do not drag this out until December 1. End it by this Monday. Please do not make any of us go through this for two and a half more months.
Stop blaming Flood. Ash couldn’t succeed here in a million years. Time to stop with the excuses.

Ash isn't the right HC and need to be gone for inept offense for 3 years 3 games, but to not blame Flood for at least half of this is flat out wrong. After one of Schiano's best classes on 2012, 2013-2015 was utter trash and the main reason why the team sunk so fast. He brought in 82 (29,28,25 according to 247) recruits???, don't know how accurate, about half of them give or take around/over 40 were gone or didn't really recognize their name as a 2 deep guy or contributer by the time Ash came aboard in December 2015, and 2016 wasn't a good class when Flood was fired and Ash had about a month or so to get what he could. Our rep in NJ sunk that quick in 3 years. The coaching and development of players is horrible now but to give no blame to Flood is ridiculous, he poured a long line of gasoline and set the match b4 he was fired.

I've been watching RU Football since I was a very young lad, my Pops took me to games at Giants Stadium, he knew some North Jersey high school coaches and dealt with college coaches when my brother was being recruited.

There have been ups under Anderson, Graber and GS

Downs under Shea and Flood

But this is rock bottom and hopeless.

When I got invited to paintball a few months ago I didn't even check the RU schedule first.

I'll always have a good time tailgating and slamming brews before and during games but I just don't want to attend any more games until Ash is gone.

I'm not alone.

I've been watching RU Football since I was a very young lad, my Pops took me to games at Giants Stadium, he knew some North Jersey high school coaches and dealt with college coaches when my brother was being recruited.

There have been ups under Anderson, Graber and GS

Downs under Shea and Flood

But this is rock bottom and hopeless.

When I got invited to paintball a few months ago I didn't even check the RU schedule first.

I'll always have a good time tailgating and slamming brews before and during games but I just don't want to attend any more games until Ash is gone.

I'm not alone.
I would have taken a 1,000 to 1 bet that we hit rock bottom with Flood. I would have lost a lot of money.

I don’t know about ending it . This was basically the 99 percent scenario going into the season that the team would be 1-2. What’s changed ? If Hobbs was gonna end ash at 1-2 then why the hell did he bring him back?

I don’t know about ending it . This was basically the 99 percent scenario going into the season that the team would be 1-2. What’s changed ? If Hobbs was gonna end ash at 1-2 then why the hell did he bring him back?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: Caliknight
I walk into Dunkin on way to tailgate probably half the line has RU apparel and we are 15 miles from SHI Stadium..I'm leaving and a patron says guess your going to Rutgers game and says do they have a shot today? ..I say we shall see and he says oh they do have a chance to win who are they playing? I say Boston College and they fella says I don't think they have a shot....

What I want form the next coach is a competitive team (no losses > 21 pts), with the occasional 4th quarter close game against PSU/MU/MSU/OSU .or a win and a minimum of 5 win seasons...

Right now, anyone in the state doesn't know who we play and already thinks we have no shot at a win...

Reactions: RU'70 and RUSK97
If GS built a house at RU, Flood smoked a doobie up in the attic and set it on fire which the Julie, the house mother allowed to spread and take out the living floors. Ash was the contractor brought in to fix up the place, but despite talking a good game, knew jack about building. He ordered the bulldozers in to take out everything down to the slab but can’t put anything back together.

Need a coach with a GREAT personality that can sell recruits to come here. ASH has a demeanor that makes the band fall asleep. How do you expect him to get good high school players to come here???

You need a guy who can motivate. They make good recruiters

27–24 aint bad at RU. Wins over Arkansas & Michigan

It’s the blatant off the field stuff that will haunt his resume — if you find a school willing to hire a cheater, and there are plenty, they’ll want someone who is good at cheating.

His Princeton / professor meeting was an embarrassment for Rutgers. He was a nice man, but he has no place here, and his tenure doesn’t deserve defending.

Need a coach with a GREAT personality that can sell recruits to come here. ASH has a demeanor that makes the band fall asleep. How do you expect him to get good high school players to come here???

You need a guy who can motivate. They make good recruiters
Give me a snake oil salesman as a head coach with X's and O's experts at offensive and defensive coordinators and we've got a shot to do something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT