ADVERTISEMENT

4... now 3 Rutgers players in Cape League

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Four players in the Cape league this year playing for Brewster, may be fun for any one here to catch them in action if here. Harry Rutkowski, Brian Fitzpatrick, Richie Schiekofer, and Dale Stanovich

I have been living up at the Cape since last March, enjoying the the finer points of the Cape. I played a round of golf with my brother in law today and we were paired up randomly with Harry and Brian. Nice round with the guys, they enjoyed their day off.

@Richard Schnyderite might be fun to check in on them this summer.

@HRodriguez

Last edited:
The Cape League is pretty good. Glad to see RU represented. It is also a great way to spend the summer. I wonder where my 50 year old baseball glove is these days?

Four players in the Cape league this year playing for Brewster, may be fun for any one here to catch them in action if here. Harry Rutkowski, Brian Fitzpatrick, Richie Schiekofer, and Dale Stanovich

I have been living up at the Cape since last March, enjoying the the finer points of the Cape. I played a round of golf with my brother in law today and we were paired up randomly with Harry and Brian. Nice round with the guys, they enjoyed their day off.

@Richard Schnyderite might be fun to check in on them this summer.
Is there a chance that Harry R. and Richie S. will come back for another year? I assumed that they were gone, but I would love to see them take another year.

Speaking with Harry today, my sense is he is looking towards the draft, but who knows. I didnt ask him directly. He did mention he had 1 uear of eligibility left

I like that there are Rutgers players in the Cape Cod League. It’s not the case every year.

I like that there are Rutgers players in the Cape Cod League. It’s not the case every year.
I agree. We went to a couple of games there back in the early '70's. Seemed there were players from about every school except Rutgers! Going to the game was a fun, low-key, experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: red sail
Great debut by Harry last night, I plan on going to see them Friday and Monday, hoping to see him start.

The Big 33 Football Classic makes a similar claim for pro football (or is it the Super Bowl?).

Stanovich is having a great summer so far.

Last edited:
Going to the game tonight, horrible weather for a game though. We are dow to three Scarlet Knights as Richie Scheikofer was released after starting 0-8. Not sure what realeased means in the Cape League.

Brewster plays in Orleans tonight and Monday, so I am hoping to catch Harry Rutkowski on a night he starts. Will try to post some photos if ai can figure out how to post straight from my iphone. Will sit down by the Brewster Bullpen

@HRodriguez

Reactions: HRodriguez
would certainly be good to get scheiofer back if not drafted high. With lasko sleight and o gallager. He would make a good addition as a dh/of. That would be a really strong of.

Stanovich is having a great summer so far.
I really hope the bullpen steps up this spring. we definitely have solid component with Fitzpatrick, Mclain and Stanavich. think they will benefit from a season of experience. Also some solid arms coming in to deal with the long reliver position, as well as another quality main reliver as well.

Speaking with Harry today, my sense is he is looking towards the draft, but who knows. I didnt ask him directly. He did mention he had 1 uear of eligibility left
I think his velocity not progressing could cause him to get picked later than he wants and.org get a smaller signing bonus. I would be surprised if he didnt get picked. Yet he has a year and with some minor adjustments he could get into the major money.

Reactions: rucoe89
I think his velocity not progressing could cause him to get picked later than he wants and.org get a smaller signing bonus. I would be surprised if he didnt get picked. Yet he has a year and with some minor adjustments he could get into the major money.
Have a feeling being a southpaw helps tip scales when needed.

You lose leverage when signed after senior year and don’t get much money unless you’re a first rounder who for some reason didn’t sign after his junior year. He’ll get more money this year.

Last edited:
Went to the game, none of the Rutgers pitchers threw tonight. Brewster got smoked by Orleans 19-6. The ball was carrying tonight, i think there were 7 home runs. I saw Brian Fitz, he said he will get his second start of the season tomorrow against Harwich.

Nothing like a Cape game in the fog and the mist

a picture from golf last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: IsItLuck
You lose leverage when signed after senior year and don’t get much money unless your a first rounder who for some reason didn’t sign after his junior year. He’ll get more money this year.
It isnt just the first round. I said he will make the decision based on the bonus. If he doesnt go in or get top 10 round money he could definitely make more regardless of the decreased leverage of being out of eligibility.

It isnt just the first round. I said he will make the decision based on the bonus. If he doesnt go in or get top 10 round money he could definitely make more regardless of the decreased leverage of being out of eligibility.
He has one year of eligibilty left due to the cancelled 2020 season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT