ADVERTISEMENT

AD and NIL Collectives Should Prioritize Men's Basketball and Olympic Sports

Ok . It’s just a question . I don’t think success should be determined on what conference you’re in .
... but it is. The worst school in the Big 10 is infinitely more successful than the best one in Conference USA or the AAC (or an average school in the Pac 12, or ACC, or Big 12). That's reality.

... but it is. The worst school in the Big 10 is infinitely more successful than the best one in Conference USA or the AAC (or an average school in the Pac 12, or ACC, or Big 12). That's reality.
Well, it only is because we get more money . But as a fan, student and alum would it be more fun to go to a competitive game against umass, Temple or uconn and maybe get a win . Or get steamrolled by Maryland and not even score ?
What’s a nicer Saturday afternoon ?

I donate to the Big 4
Football, men’s Bball, wrestling and lax

Currently it’s 50 % football, then split 3 ways amongst the others

If we don’t instantly do something, and not a lot of people / businesses get on board w football, I’ll keep the same $ amount but likely split it 3 ways, sans football

I’m not paying good money for bullshit. This season was an abomination. The last few games, absent of 1 half vs Michigan, were beyond embarrassing

It’s time to step up. We’re in the B1G ten years now. This will be Greg’s 4th year

This is his system, his culture, his guys. I’m tired of excuses, promises and catch phrases.

Wins are what’s needed - and needed quickly

anyone that wants to "be" Uconn in any way, academically or otherwise, needs their head examined.

In my defense, I posted the *half-baked, poorly-considered scheme* at half-time. So, what's the answer? Given current budget limitations...seems like we can either adequately support winning basketball / olympic sports or a less mediocre football program.
Sound idea.

Not put money toward the sport that drives the bus.

RU isn't in the old Big East.

Sound idea.

Not put money toward the sport that drives the bus.

RU isn't in the old Big East.
The AD will obviously continue to support the football program. It’s the nature of the beast. I just think the ROI under GS is increasingly questionable…when we continue to get trucked by our peer schools in year 3.

ADVERTISEMENT