ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas Contract Expiring July 1

Too bad. It's the reason why I would prefer the school have nothing to do with Nike (which is the topic of the thread).
No, it's about who can give Rutgers the best deal. It has sh*t to do with Kap, but some how you want to make it the focus of discussion. You have every right to talk about it on the other board. Let's move on to other things.

No, it's about who can give Rutgers the best deal. It has sh*t to do with Kap, but some how you want to make it the focus of discussion. You have every right to talk about it on the other board. Let's move on to other things.
Yet, I'm talking about it right here on this board. I don't care if Nike gave Rutgers the only deal. I'd rather have them run around the field naked than wear Nike uniforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: motorb54
Does lax have a brand preference?
Like most sports, Nike.

But Adidas has served up more gear. They tried to get us to use their equipment but it was declined.

Nike with an option to use their STX branded gear would have been the best outcome but you go with who pays you the most.

Louisville has been a tent pole school for Adidas but with their failures you have to think that is changing.

The off season is tough on fan bases…ain’t it?🤭

Yet you are fine with a company who was started by a Nazi who manufactured uniforms for the Nazis and for years supported an antisemetic?
Yeah, I don't care about what someone 75 years ago did, who is now dead and completely unaffiliated with anyone currently working for the company.

Here's how much I don't care ... I had to google your allegation because I had never even heard of it before. And it turns out that it amounts to: Adidas was founded by two German brothers in the 1920s (when the Nazi party didn't even exist), every non-Jewish German in the 1940s was a member of the Nazi party, so Adidas was founded by eventual Nazis. Read further and you learn the one brother who was an active member of Nazi leadership (Rudolf Dassler) split from his brother who was just kinda a German living in Germany (Adolf Dassler); Rudolf went on to found Adidas' main competitor Puma. After WW2, Adolf told the American military that Rudolf was a Nazi spy and Rudolf was subsequently arrested.

That said, I reiterate, I really couldn't care less that a global company once had a bad guy owner that has now been dead for 45 years. I also couldn't care less if Mussolini's granddaughter owns a car company in 2023 or Coco Chanel ****ed a Nazi in 1939. I don't even care that a Saudi Arabian owns professional golf today; and they are a country of bad guy royalty right now.

When a company starts denouncing (or supporting the denouncing of) the United States, or the law enforcement profession, or telling poor kids in bad neighborhoods that they should fear the police (which is the quickest and most effective way to get them killed), then I start to care.

And by all of this, I mean I REALLLY don't care. If it were up to me, Rutgers would buy football uniforms from Effingers that look just like the 2006 jerseys and be done with it. It's a uniform not a fashion show.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that (above) Adidas was exploiting mentally ill men to model women's clothing. That's disqualifying in my mind and I'd prefer avoiding them as well. There are plenty of sports equipment manufacturers who aren't promoting mental illness.

Last edited:
how about some new names in the mix... yeah teh usual suspects are Nike, Addidas and UnderArmor.. but what about New Balance, Reebok... the other world brands like Umbro, Mizumo.. maybe we can find one that is looking to penetrate a new market... new sport for them, etc.

how about some new names in the mix... yeah teh usual suspects are Nike, Addidas and UnderArmor.. but what about New Balance, Reebok... the other world brands like Umbro, Mizumo.. maybe we can find one that is looking to penetrate a new market... new sport for them, etc.
Wouldn’t touch anything out of the big 2. The top names that under armour used to represent either have left the fold or are leaving. It has less to do with value of the deal and more to do with product. Nike and Adidas make the best product. And do you know how hard it would be to convince a basketball or football recruit to trust that Umbro makes a great cleat or sneaker.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Looking at the teams that use them (plus professional tennis athletes as well), I say stay away from New Balance. They might have the worst design team of all. When my son played football in high school, they were originally a NB school. Horrible cleats and many kids came down with foot problems. So bad that the school allowed the kids to buy non-NB cleats and the school switched the following year (getting out of the contract early).

• Wow
Reactions: redking
Yeah, I don't care about what someone 75 years ago did, who is now dead and completely unaffiliated with anyone currently working for the company.

Here's how much I don't care ... I had to google your allegation because I had never even heard of it before. And it turns out that it amounts to: Adidas was founded by two German brothers in the 1920s (when the Nazi party didn't even exist), every non-Jewish German in the 1940s was a member of the Nazi party, so Adidas was founded by eventual Nazis. Read further and you learn the one brother who was an active member of Nazi leadership (Rudolf Dassler) split from his brother who was just kinda a German living in Germany (Adolf Dassler); Rudolf went on to found Adidas' main competitor Puma. After WW2, Adolf told the American military that Rudolf was a Nazi spy and Rudolf was subsequently arrested.

That said, I reiterate, I really couldn't care less that a global company once had a bad guy owner that has now been dead for 45 years. I also couldn't care less if Mussolini's granddaughter owns a car company in 2023 or Coco Chanel ****ed a Nazi in 1939. I don't even care that a Saudi Arabian owns professional golf today; and they are a country of bad guy royalty right now.

When a company starts denouncing (or supporting the denouncing of) the United States, or the law enforcement profession, or telling poor kids in bad neighborhoods that they should fear the police (which is the quickest and most effective way to get them killed), then I start to care.

And by all of this, I mean I REALLLY don't care. If it were up to me, Rutgers would buy football uniforms from Effingers that look just like the 2006 jerseys and be done with it. It's a uniform not a fashion show.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that (above) Adidas was exploiting mentally ill men to model women's clothing. That's disqualifying in my mind and I'd prefer avoiding them as well. There are plenty of sports equipment manufacturers who aren't promoting mental illness.
You are an angry, small person.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Yet you are fine with a company who was started by a Nazi who manufactured uniforms for the Nazis and for years supported an antisemetic?
Not sure what you are getting at with this post. By your logic Americans who buy Mercedes or Porsche autos are somehow closet fascists because they bought vehicles from companies who provided military equipment to the Germans. Sochiro Honda who founded Honda worked for Toyota during ww2 and they supplied military equipment to the Japanese war effort. Must the owners of accords and prius vehicles now dump them because of these affiliations.
Nike has been accused on using child labor to build their sneakers. You have already mentioned the sins of addias. Unfortunately if you look closely not many companies have clean hands. If you are so pure as to research and find only companies that are pure as snow in their practices and only purchase from them well I salute you.

Let's try to keep the debate to which suitor offers the best products and will do the most to support our teams financially.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
How about, no?

Reactions: fsg2

And it turns out that it amounts to: Adidas was founded by two German brothers in the 1920s (when the Nazi party didn't even exist), every non-Jewish German in the 1940s was a member of the Nazi party, so Adidas was founded by eventual Nazis.

News flash, the Nazi party most definitely existed in the 1920s. And if you rule out anyone that economically benefitted the Nazi Party between 1933 and 1945 you've eliminated the whole country.

Can I take it that Sketchers is out of the running? Really do like their slip in shoes!

Here, I'll design uniforms for Rutgers for free:

ab.Ray%20Rice%20Rutgers.png

72978410_crop_north.jpg
best ones we've ever had

Adidas it is. Was kind of hoping for Nike to come back but whatever is best for the school is fine.

Reactions: Wolv RU
How about, no?
You'll have to forgive GOR. He has a weird habit of ironing out random thoughts and terrible ideas on the board in real time, instead of allowing them them a quick, merciful death in his mind, where they should rightfully RIP.

Way to go out on a limb there. You wait almost a month after my post to answer it only after a new contract is announced?

Nostradumbass.
Congrats on beating the odds and finding a way to make your first post sound even kookier. It looked impossible for a while there.

Sorry, just looked at the thread today, and as usual you have no clue.
Let's describe your choice here.

This thread became inactive June 16th... which was the last day I posted in it.. but not the last post. There were 8 posts after mine.

So, this morning, July 7th, a decision was announced and someone refreshed this thread. and there are three posts before yours today.

That means the thread gets bumped to the top. You notice it and click on it.

So what was next.. you went to the last post? nope. More likely you went to the last page and read down it to find my post and could think yourself witty by replying "how about no?".

You really showed me.

Touche!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT