ADVERTISEMENT

Angry!

Relax, Schiano will get us to the Pinstripe Bowl by year 5 of the rebuild, what more can you ask for?

Why aim high when you can revel in the muck. Ever changing yet eternally the same.

ivGYu1Q.jpg

Cincy in CFP. Pitt playing for conf championship. No reason we can’t have legit program here with a special team every 4-5 years. NONE. Big ten university in NYC metro! What possible resource can these schools have that we can’t find!
I am angry you can’t see we are in year 2 of a massive rebuild. We have the right coach bringing in great talent. Gotta give it time.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh have had solid coaches for a while. Their present success is a byproduct of years and years of effort. Had we hired Cristobal in 2012, we might have been in a similar type situation. Instead, we made two consecutive Coaching hires who could not build on the progress that was made, and instead, the program regressed.

Relax, Schiano will get us to the Pinstripe Bowl by year 5 of the rebuild, what more can you ask for?
I have no problem with what he said and I don't think that fans who are bothered by this should be told to relax. As a fan, I am jealous of both schools' football team. BTW, OP, Cincinnati has the talent rich state of Ohio and OSU simply cannot take everyone. Their 3 star players are usually better than some of our 4 star players. Don't get me wrong. NJ is loaded, but Ohio is even better. They also always seem to hire the right coaches time after time. You just have to tip your hat.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh have had solid coaches for a while. Their present success is a byproduct of years and years of effort. Had we hired Cristobal in 2012, we might have been in a similar type situation. Instead, we made two consecutive Coaching hires who could not build on the progress that was made, and instead, the program regressed.
It's also a unique product of both schools stuffed with some super seniors. In a normal year, w/o the extra Covid eligibility, neither school is probably this good compared to the blue bloods.

Reactions: rutgersal
Cincy in CFP. Pitt playing for conf championship. No reason we can’t have legit program here with a special team every 4-5 years. NONE. Big ten university in NYC metro! What possible resource can these schools have that we can’t find!
For one thing its called Strength of Schedule. This was a down year for us @ #43. We're usually near top 10.
Pitt #70
Cincy # 88

We're playing in the toughest division in CFB. Unless the B1G re-aligns and goes to 8 Conf. games its gonna be tough for us . Can we get there? Yes.

Reactions: lilphilw
For one thing its called Strength of Schedule. This was a down year for us @ #43. We're usually near top 10.
Pitt #70
Cincy # 88

We're playing in the toughest division in CFB. Unless the B1G re-aligns and goes to 8 Conf. games its gonna be tough for us . Can we get there? Yes.
Cincinnati would probably beat RU by 30 this year unless RU played the way they did against Michigan, but I do believe that they would have 3-4 losses with our schedule.

Like they’d be in there if they played your schedule.

Cincy and Pitt didn't hire Flood and Ash and then wait too long to fire them.

It's like Cincy and Pitt called a plumber to fix a leak and RU called a demolition crew and an arsonist.

Right and even if the OP is a troll, I certainly am not and I felt the same way watching the games this weekend and watching the bowl announcements. And to all these people whose excuse is: "be patient we're in year 2 of a rebuild," have you been here long. It's the same shit that's been repeated time after time for the past 30 years. Why will this time be different?

Right and even if the OP is a troll, I certainly am not and I felt the same way watching the games this weekend and watching the bowl announcements. And to all these people whose excuse is: "be patient we're in year 2 of a rebuild," have you been here long. It's the same shit that's been repeated time after time for the past 30 years. Why will this time be different?
Are you ignoring 2005 to 2011?? Yes you are a troll if you think we should have won 7,8,9 games this year.

Too early for extension but...very surprised about the level of complaining about staff. I'm not talking about the group therapy sh*t after tough losses. There is a constant din of whining about pretty much everything. They've gotten higher profile recruits. They've identified talent (blachshear, maietti, reek before he got hurt, turner & lumor in DL rotation as RS frosh). No off field BS. And the game day results have been better in every way. Really curious what else people wanted to see in the last 3 mo's.

Looks like Mrs. Ash is back, lol. Maybe not a troll, but perhaps just as bad...

Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT