ADVERTISEMENT

Another secret scrimmage score. Rhode Island 85 St. John's 79

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
This surprised me a bit. Ponds only took 8 shots but played 33 minutes. Heron only shot 1-10 from the floor. Some Johnny fans seem to be concerned but they do have talent and played 5 new guys. I am surprised that Earlington from Don Bosco didn't even play.

This surprised me a bit. Ponds only took 8 shots but played 33 minutes. Heron only shot 1-10 from the floor. Some Johnny fans seem to be concerned but they do have talent and played 5 new guys. I am surprised that Earlington from Don Bosco didn't even play.
Don't be surprised. Rhode Island has talent from Danny Hurley recruiting. Isn't David cox the hc? If so, hope he does well. Always classy under rice

I would take Hurley or Cox run program over Mullin coaching wise in a 1 game scenario anytime....this is a well built and solid Rhody program....

The fact St.Johns scored 79 points tells me they have a lot of offensive weapons and will be a difficult opponent for Rutgers to defeat.

The fact St.Johns scored 79 points tells me they have a lot of offensive weapons and will be a difficult opponent for Rutgers to defeat.

You can't read too much into just the score. There are too many unknowns.

Isn't Earlington the kid RU offered a football scholarship? I don't know whether it's legal or not, but if it is, maybe RU should stay in contact with him
with the football scholarship offer.
'

What can be taken from the box score is the Ponds/Heron duo had a very quiet game and The Johnnies still put up 79pts. To underestimate them would be a mistake, imo.

Reactions: RUJMM78
The Johnies are expected to be good this year. Some say they are more talented than any BE team except Villanova and should be a tourney team and potentially a top-25 team as well this season. It’s very much a no more excuses year for Mullin.

Just curious ... What’s the most points we scored in a game last year? Our average points per game? 85 and 79 seem like lofty offensive figures around here.

Just curious ... What’s the most points we scored in a game last year? Our average points per game? 85 and 79 seem like lofty offensive figures around here.

94 against CCNY, 92 against FDU, 83 against Bryant, 80 against Iowa.

But we played at a pretty slow pace (281st/351 in the country) so there were fewer possessions overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT