ADVERTISEMENT

Any update on Corey Sanders?

I was wondering the same thing. Kid should of came back got the degree and then pursued G-League or overseas. I hope he receives some sort of pro career

Reactions: higgins3
Been hanging out home with his daughter and buddy Dwayne Bacon. I believe Shoes is trying to help find a team in Europe for him.

Been hanging out home with his daughter and buddy Dwayne Bacon. I believe Shoes is trying to help find a team in Europe for him.

I figured that. He seems like he is enjoying being a father, which is awesome for him. Good stuff.

I was wondering the same thing. Kid should of came back got the degree and then pursued G-League or overseas. I hope he receives some sort of pro career

I really don't know if another year would have benefited him besides getting his degree. And we all know that very little percentage of kids are coming to D1 schools for an education. Very little. My friends works for the G league of the lakers and was telling me about the process. He said he has people call in every day asking to view their tapes, etc. He also said that the majority of players(he happened to meet Lebron James last week) have a lot of people around them that feed them only what they want to hear.

If Sanders was to come back, someone would need have to tell him what he didn't want to hear. If he did that, he could have had a g league option. But between year 1-3, his game didn't improve enough to where it would take him to that next level.

I really liked Corey and the way he played in the BIG tourney. It appeared he raised his game. I feel bad that he's still looking for a team. He could of been one of the best guards in the BIG. Sometimes, I wish somebody gave him some tough love and pushed him back to RU for his senior year and then start the pro process. I hope he finds success in life and in basketball and wish him the best with his family.

I would think Shoes would tell him to go back to school. I could see if he wanted to leave after the sophmore year. To make it to your junior year and not get your degree just seems silly. Also, the scouts see the whole picture. Senior year of HS to JR year of college.

I read on twitter a post he made about his situation making him humble. Just wish there was a better option for the kid. That may be overseas, though.

Let's go #3!

I would think Shoes would tell him to go back to school. I could see if he wanted to leave after the sophmore year. To make it to your junior year and not get your degree just seems silly. Also, the scouts see the whole picture. Senior year of HS to JR year of college.

I read on twitter a post he made about his situation making him humble. Just wish there was a better option for the kid. That may be overseas, though.

Let's go #3!
4the knights is right as hell on this.

Kid should be back at Rutgers

He's not an NBA player------not a high end European League player either

If he wants to take care of his child the first step to that is having a degree so he can support himself and his child and he should be looking at finishing up his degree requirements.

The alternative is the street and that ends badly for too many guys.

The reality is he made a bad choice in choosing Rutgers. He needed a different coaching staff and he needed to be surrounded by better players that would have forced him to work on the missing part of the game to get PT.

Fortunately things have changed here.

Reactions: kcg88
He made the wrong decision before he even stepped foot on the RU basketball court by knocking someone up, now he is facing those consequences. He will probably land somewhere eventually because of his talent, but much lower than we would have expected. Wish him luck, waiting for @Groz l to come and attack me!

Last edited:
4the knights is right as hell on this.

Kid should be back at Rutgers

He's not an NBA player------not a high end European League player either

If he wants to take care of his child the first step to that is having a degree so he can support himself and his child and he should be looking at finishing up his degree requirements.

The alternative is the street and that ends badly for too many guys.

Just because he doesn't have his degree doesn't mean he will end up on the street... He has no college debt and will find a source of income

I really don't know if another year would have benefited him besides getting his degree. And we all know that very little percentage of kids are coming to D1 schools for an education. Very little. My friends works for the G league of the lakers and was telling me about the process. He said he has people call in every day asking to view their tapes, etc. He also said that the majority of players(he happened to meet Lebron James last week) have a lot of people around them that feed them only what they want to hear.

If Sanders was to come back, someone would need have to tell him what he didn't want to hear. If he did that, he could have had a g league option. But between year 1-3, his game didn't improve enough to where it would take him to that next level.

A degree is a huge benefit. He could have been in school now instead of sitting at home.

Curious how many credits shy of a degree is he? Could maybe finish online

A degree is a huge benefit. He could have been in school now instead of sitting at home.

It depends what the degree is in. Also, he is training at home. A lot of players are finalizing overseas contracts in the next two weeks, so I assume we will hear something soon.

Sanders is still young and can work to get to higher levels.

Isiah Briscoe went overseas and is now on a two way contract with the Orlando Magic.
No comparison----Briscoe went to the Soviet Union-----very high paying----almost as high as Kentucky ! :):)

He will have to improve a ton to get to the level of Isiah Briscoe

I agree RC it doesn't have to happen----but it does a lot when young guys get into situations where they need money and child support can get pricey.

No comparison----Briscoe went to the Soviet Union-----very high paying----almost as high as Kentucky ! :):)

He will have to improve a ton to get to the level of Isiah Briscoe

I agree RC it doesn't have to happen----but it does a lot when young guys get into situations where they need money and child support can get pricey.

Lol.

Isiah Briscoe was not a star at Kentucky. Far from it for his position. He has a similar situation as Sanders- he could not shoot the ball well. That is kind of important. Briscoe focused on that aspect, and now has a shot at the NBA.

Are you saying they are different levels of skill because Briscoe went to Kentucky and Sanders Rutgers? Their last years weren't all that different.

He is regretting his decision. A college degree for a minority is game changing (speaking from experience). It has done wonders for me and my cousins after me. You need one for so many jobs just to get a foot in the door. If money is an issue how is he gonna get it now? Loans like everyone I guess. It’s just sad to see a kid make a bad decision. It is hard enough to live in Florida and make good money even with a degree. That’s why people retire from jobs and retire to Florida IMO.

And just last week the NCAA has implemented a rule that allows undrafted players to return to school.

Just one year to late for Sanders..

Wish him the best

And as far as Corey vs Briscoe. I think their talent level is close, although I’d give Briscoe the edge because of his size. Put Corey in Kentucky with that kind of talent around him I think he’d looks like a better player..put Briscoe on those RU teams Corey played on, especially early on, and I think he struggles even more

A degree is irrelevant for him right now. You think he’s going to start a job in some filthy back office doing operations support for 40k? He’s a basketball player. Go earn as much as you can overseas and you’ll be able to support your family. He can finish school at any time in the future, another year of college won’t make him 6’5 and ambidextrous. An athlete has a short amount of time to maximize their earnings, a degree in sociology or whatever worthless major athletes choose to stay eligible won’t do anything for him.

Last edited:
And just last week the NCAA has implemented a rule that allows undrafted players to return to school.

Just one year to late for Sanders..

Wish him the best

And as far as Corey vs Briscoe. I think their talent level is close, although I’d give Briscoe the edge because of his size. Put Corey in Kentucky with that kind of talent around him I think he’d looks like a better player..put Briscoe on those RU teams Corey played on, especially early on, and I think he struggles even more
The rule should be retroactive to this year's undrafted college players.

A degree is irrelevant for him right now. You think he’s going to start a job in some filthy back office doing operations support for 40k? He’s a basketball player. Go earn as much as you can overseas and you’ll be able to support your family. He can finish school at any time in the future, another year of college won’t make him 6’5 and ambidextrous. An athlete has a short amount of time to maximize their earnings, a degree in sociology or whatever worthless major athletes choose to stay eligible won’t do anything for him.
That’s working out real good for him right now.

Reactions: soundcrib
I saw Briscoe play many times while he was at Roselle Catholic. He was like a fullback playing basketball. He was very strong in the chest & shoulders. He bulled himself toward the basket. His outside shot was not very good. Otis Livingston of Linden outplayed him in 2 of the 3 games that Linden played him as a senior. Linden won 2 of 3 and one of them was the Union County Championship final. I really think in some ways that Corey was as good or better than Isaiah. He was much more athletic than Isaiah.

Reactions: higgins3
Hey here's a thought. He could marry the woman who have birth to his child, cherish the both of them for life, provide greater economic stability to his family unit, and build a personal support system for whatever career he pursues, all at the same time. Just sayin.

Hey here's a thought. He could marry the woman who have birth to his child, cherish the both of them for life, provide greater economic stability to his family unit, and build a personal support system for whatever career he pursues, all at the same time. Just sayin.

Oh my God, yes this board knows it all and this proves it! Holy shite, where do some of the people here get off presuming to Know what is is best for some one. You probably have no clue of his/their circumstances....just sayin.

Reactions: tjb and dkostus
He made the wrong decision before he even stepped foot on the RU basketball court by knocking someone up, now he is facing those consequences. He will probably land somewhere eventually because of his talent, but much lower than we would have expected. Wish him luck, waiting for @RU4Real to come and attack me!

I'm trying to think if there ever was a more hated person on this message board than you Crown. No, you are so hated by most here.

Groz

Lol.

Isiah Briscoe was not a star at Kentucky. Far from it for his position. He has a similar situation as Sanders- he could not shoot the ball well. That is kind of important. Briscoe focused on that aspect, and now has a shot at the NBA.

Are you saying they are different levels of skill because Briscoe went to Kentucky and Sanders Rutgers? Their last years weren't all that different.
No he didn't----did you watch the NBA Summer League ?

Briscoe didn't shoot the ball very well from the perimeter

He can distribute and defend-----that's why he has a 2 way contract and if you think Sanders is his equal then why doesn't Sanders have a sniff of going overseas yet ?

Reactions: littlenis5
Nothing wrong with him taking his time and exploring his basketball and rap options, as someone else said. Not like the credits he earned here are gonna expire. He can always finish his degree in a few years if the other things don't work out.

No he didn't----did you watch the NBA Summer League ?

Briscoe didn't shoot the ball very well from the perimeter

He can distribute and defend-----that's why he has a 2 way contract and if you think Sanders is his equal then why doesn't Sanders have a sniff of going overseas yet ?
I am suprisee he got a two way then. Sanders is probably just waiting for a situation that makes the best sense for him. He can play somewhere overseas and make money. Might not be the highest level, but he has a skill set.

Thanks to two-way contracts this guy almost batted 1.000

Screenshot_20180623-082813_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: RUBigFrank
I really don't know if another year would have benefited him besides getting his degree. . . .
This struck me as an odd sentence. Another way to state it is: "I don't know if another year would have benefited him besides this hugely beneficial thing."

I'm trying to think if there ever was a more hated person on this message board than you Crown. No, you are so hated by most here.

Groz

Lol, why because I am not like you? Are you mad I am telling you the truth even if its not politically correct? Or are you mad that I am telling you the truth about things you want to believe aren't true because you think Rutgers is a squeaky clean program? Let me know which it is, and let me know when you decide to realize that I am not wrong here. Sorry I don't live to worship our athletes like you do.

Also 96 Likes in 17 Years or 140 Likes in 8 months?? Numbers don't lie there buddy, I think you are less liked than I am. Checked the scoreboard

Last edited:
I am suprisee he got a two way then. Sanders is probably just waiting for a situation that makes the best sense for him. He can play somewhere overseas and make money. Might not be the highest level, but he has a skill set.
Yes he does have a skill set-----but shooting from deep isn't part of it and people at any level want a 2 Guard who can shoot the 3 well and there are lots of those guys around.

His best chance IMO to continue playing basketball is to go to a low level of overseas ball and work his way up the ladder-----England or Australia might be a good fit.

Yes he does have a skill set-----but shooting from deep isn't part of it and people at any level want a 2 Guard who can shoot the 3 well and there are lots of those guys around.

His best chance IMO to continue playing basketball is to go to a low level of overseas ball and work his way up the ladder-----England or Australia might be a good fit.
I think eventually he could work his way up to the upper level leagues, like spain/italy/france but he will likely have to follow the route of myles mack but maybe be a slight tick above and play in like lithuania

Also 96 Likes in 17 Years or 140 Likes in 8 months?? Numbers don't lie there buddy, I think you are less liked than I am. Checked the scoreboard
The Rivals message board platform didn't always have a "like" button. That is a relatively new feature.

Reactions: RUAEPI
I don't live to worship athletes you moron Crown. I happen to be friends with many of the basketball players from the mid to late 70's and early 80's. Let's say you are even correct about Rutgers not being squeaky clean and something happened because of something you said(not being a friend of Rutgers), then you will need to go into witness protection.

Groz

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland

Groz
Not more than me!!!! The BIG Build doomed me lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT