ADVERTISEMENT

April stuff

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I was told that Youngstown State offered Dean a good NIL number

Tough to believe that Knight is considering another spot

Confirmed LIU and Stonehill on schedule and not part of the MTE which might include a non-Princeton NJ team

Fernandes assistant coach Kellogg is now at Creighton. Could be a factor

Pretty sure Paul is coming back

I feel better and better about Dylan,who will announce after Peach Jam

Betsey will be at UConn on Monday

Kante is solid at Michigan but all bets off if Howard gets the Pistons job which is unlikely

Confirmed LIU and Stonehill on schedule and not part of the MTE which might include a non-Princeton NJ team

Kante is solid at Michigan but all bets off if Howard gets the Pistons job which is unlikely
No Dylan and no ace if knight leaves.

• Angry
Reactions: Bobbynieds
Don't sleep on Stonehill.
I mean they’re better than LIU since that’s the bar…lol. I don’t really care about the cupcakes, though. More important is giving ourselves a couple more chances at good OOC wins.

Last few years we’ve given ourselves 1 chance at a good OOC win and blew them all.

Reactions: RUPete
I mean they’re better than LIU since that’s the bar…lol. I don’t really care about the cupcakes, though. More important is giving ourselves a couple more chances at good OOC wins.

Last few years we’ve given ourselves 1 chance at a good OOC win and blew them all.
Agree with your point and I was just kidding. Last year there was a message board glitch that made it appear that a post didn't register, so people were posting the same thing multiple times and then they would show up later. Someone advised us not to sleep on Coppin State about six times. Not his fault of course, but everyone was like, "Okay, we won't sleep on Coppin State!"

Reactions: Knightmoves
So our schedule is going to be as bad or even worse this season? It sounds like we're still playing the Little Sisters of the Poor and just subbing in a Gavitt Game for an ACC Challenge game.
Sounds like business as usual for the head coach. We should all be highly disappointed if he hasn't learned his lessona n produces another dogshit non-con sked.

No Dylan and no ace if knight leaves.
I would hate to believe an assistant coach is all the difference
That would mean they really were not so sold on RU
And to me it looks like Ace likes us beyond the coach
In reality it should not matter if Knight leaves

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I think this is a case where Knight has a family connection .

When hiring coaches (FB/BB) a lot is made specifically about "recruiting ability".
That's because its rarely about only the actual school for commits.
If kids committed to Rutgers then we wouldn't need ace recruiting assistant coaches.

The whole job of recruiting is getting kids who don't have Rutgers as their dream school.

Reactions: MiloTalon13

Then why are they recruiting the Netherlands kid that just went into portal from the Cuse?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
LIU and Stonehill are both sub 300 NET KenPom, like maybe last 25 schools. They better be the only two sub 300 Level schools on the schedule. if that’s the case, it’s ok, Every school has that.

MTE always features sisters of the poor so expect a low Ivy (Dartmouth) a non Princeton NJ School ( NJIT) and a MEAC(Delaware St)

@ SHU
@ Wake
HOME GAVITT (Butler) hypothetical*
MSG Game? (St. Johns) hypothetical*
Central Ct. St. annual
1 unknown

Same crap

Reactions: kcg88
Well that means he would rather play someplace else and all that is making him play here is one family connection

Is that it ?
I mean first of all, Lou doesn’t actually know what he’s talking about.

But second of all, yes, he’d rather play in the NBA actually. Who cares? I didn’t give a **** about Rutgers until AFTER I went there; recruits mostly aren’t going to have a deep connection to the school itself.

I don’t really understand the obsession with playing the literal worst of the worst OOC. I don’t actually think it affects our tournament chances that much, but it’s boring if nothing else.
I'd rather the bottom feeders be in the 280-300 range, rather than the 340+ range, but Q4 games aren't really going to be that interesting regardless of how deep in that quadrant you go. Either way, 280 or 350 isn't going to affect anything regarding selection.

Reactions: fluoxetine
I mean first of all, Lou doesn’t actually know what he’s talking about.

But second of all, yes, he’d rather play in the NBA actually. Who cares? I didn’t give a **** about Rutgers until AFTER I went there; recruits mostly aren’t going to have a deep connection to the school itself.
I would say that Ace seems as gung-ho about coming and playing for RU, than any recent player before actually getting here..... wears RU gear, recruits Dylan hard, etc....

like most of the super talented players, he knows going straight to the NBA is hard without a year at the college level, or the G league

the one thing that annoys me is the automatic assumption that if Knight were to leave, Ace is out the door to Auburn, or another school..... why some assume that is a mystery, since Ace would not be playing for the school Knight works for, more than likely......so why Auburn, for example, without Knight being there?

yes you are correct, my mistake, Stonehill finished tied for 2nd which is still a pretty good showing for first year up

Stonehill is fine. LIU was terrible last year but the year before they were 16-14 which isn’t that bad. They aren’t consistently terrible every year like Central Connecticut.

As long as we don’t lose any of the home cupcakes, the opponents in the 4-5 real games are much more important. Hoping we get Marquette, Xavier or UConn in Gavitt games. Then if we don’t go to Bahamas, we have to hope the 4th real game is not against a Temple type. That’s pointless. Wake and SHU are locked in and there’s a decent chance neither are field teams.

I don’t really understand the obsession with playing the literal worst of the worst OOC. I don’t actually think it affects our tournament chances that much, but it’s boring if nothing else.
I can see one game against a 300+, Two seems excessive, I don't understand what the team gets out of that but if Pike thinks they need 2, ok, I trust him.
More than 2? 5? You're letting the ghosts of the past haunt you.
Oh yeah - and as a fan, those games are fun for five minutes and then a waste of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT