ADVERTISEMENT

April stuff

Knight ain’t leaving. 72 is saying he doubts knight is looking to go else where and not he can’t believe he’s looking elsewhere
We should hope to keep Knight for the following year, which may be even tougher, to keep everything in place
Over pay him

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
Stonehill is fine. LIU was terrible last year but the year before they were 16-14 which isn’t that bad. They aren’t consistently terrible every year like Central Connecticut.

As long as we don’t lose any of the home cupcakes, the opponents in the 4-5 real games are much more important. Hoping we get Marquette, Xavier or UConn in Gavitt games. Then if we don’t go to Bahamas, we have to hope the 4th real game is not against a Temple type. That’s pointless. Wake and SHU are locked in and there’s a decent chance neither are field teams.
Rutgers will likely draw a better Big East team for the Gavitt Games.

I was told that Youngstown State offered Dean a good NIL number

Tough to believe that Knight is considering another spot

Confirmed LIU and Stonehill on schedule and not part of the MTE which might include a non-Princeton NJ team

Fernandes assistant coach Kellogg is now at Creighton. Could be a factor

Pretty sure Paul is coming back

I feel better and better about Dylan,who will announce after Peach Jam

Betsey will be at UConn on Monday

Kante is solid at Michigan but all bets off if Howard gets the Pistons job which is unlikely
Kellogg coached the guards at UMass too. If Rutgers really wants Fernandes, gotta throw some bags at the kid to keep him from going to Creighton. Creighton has lots of bags.

Rutgers will likely draw a better Big East team for the Gavitt Games.
There are more “better teams” available for us to draw statistically. They cannot possibly give us DePaul again. And we won’t get Seton Hall.

So for bad teams that basically leaves only Butler and Georgetown, right?

Well, Cooley is at Georgetown and is recruiting fiercely since arriving. This will be a completely different Georgetown team and likely to be "improved". I am not going to say Georgetown will be at the top of the Big East next season but they won't be the same team you saw last season, especially if they can seal the deal with Hunter Dickinson. Dickinson visits Georgetown this weekend.

I've been following college basketball a long time and have never heard of Stonehill. Sounds like one of those B movie knockoffs of an Exeter type private boarding school.
Stonehill is a newer program to D1. They transitioned from D2 to D1 recently and play in the Northeast Conference. They are not a bad program. They previously competed in the Northeast-10 alongside Merrimack.

Stonehill is a newer program to D1. They transitioned from D2 to D1 recently and play in the Northeast Conference. They are not a bad program. They previously competed in the Northeast-10 alongside Merrimack.
They beat Wagner 50-10 in football last year. Also where Ed Cooley went to college.

Sounds like business as usual for the head coach. We should all be highly disappointed if he hasn't learned his lessona n produces another dogshit non-con sked.

The last time we made the NCAAT pre-Pike the first guy was POTUS and the last time we won a game in the NCAAT the second guy was in his first term as POTUS.

Going to take a whole heck of a lot more than scheduling a few more cupcakes than I may prefer to be "highly disappointed" in this HC.

George-HW-Bush-1989.jpg

USAreaganP.JPG

The last time we made the NCAAT pre-Pike the first guy was POTUS and the last time we won a game in the NCAAT the second guy was in his first term as POTUS.

Going to take a whole heck of a lot more than scheduling a few more cupcakes than I may prefer to be "highly disappointed" in this HC.

George-HW-Bush-1989.jpg

USAreaganP.JPG
Don’t be that guy. Of course I’m thrilled and thankful that Steve has resurrected the program from the dead. That doesn’t mean he’s immune from any criticism whatsoever.

His non-con scheduling is a flat out joke compared to the rest of mid-tier Big Ten programs. That’s all.

April Talk…

Fernandes didn’t verbal, Creighton involved, momentum appears away from RU…then he commits.

Hobbs moves on, maybe getting MacConnell…now chatter BM might not even be #1 option (Ollie talk?)

Hobbs might not be only coach leaving…
Knight negotiation talk, filled my coffee mug… Quinnipiac vacancy….creamer in my coffee… Quinnipiac filled?…Knight negotiation possibly still lingering…?

Ndongo…”Ready to sign as soon as signing period begins”, signing period begins, talk now that Ed Cooley swooping in dirty and shamelessly to try to tamper and steal him.

Bailey recruiting Harper….Baileys best friend also ”Ready to sign as soon as signing period begins” hasn’t signed.
What a whirlwind it’s been these past few days.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Dylan would not be phased by Knight moving. Mother Loves Steve and father wants Duke because of the history of the program. Ace may be another story and I could see him staying in Georgia or playing for Tennesse.

I really wish there was a way that posters could be rated in some way.

While I understand that some people like ru72 have real connections (and thus their insight has weight) but does this guy lawboy have any real information or is he just talking out of his ass?!?

There are a lot of people on here who make prognostications like this - they make it sound like they know something - but don’t know a single friggin thing.

Last edited:

While I understand ru72 has connections, does this guy have any real information or is he just talking out of his ass?!?

There are a lot of people on here who make prognostications like this - they make it sound like the know something - but don’t know a single friggin thing.
A credibility rating voted on by members would be a cool feature.

While I understand ru72 has connections, does this guy have any real information or is he just talking out of his ass?!?

There are a lot of people on here who make prognostications like this - they make it sound like the know something - but don’t know a single friggin thing.

I'm sure people have inside information on some stuff.
The problem is that then they post about other things and people still assume it's based on inside info.

One of my favorite examples: Former Minnesota C Daniel Oturu.
Pre draft a staff writer (definitely has some inside info) here wrote:
"He's without a doubt a 1st round pick, almost definitely a lottery pick."
Was this based on inside info? Not even close.
He went in the 2nd round and 33rd overall.

Just because someone has some inside info - doesn't mean they only have inside info. Read carefully.

A credibility rating voted on by members would be a cool feature.
had a rating on posts and it was abused by some who use the link to rate posts 1 to 5 stars.
Rating posters might wind up having some or most given a level based on their non sports related POV.

had a rating on posts and it was abused by some who use the link to rate posts 1 to 5 stars.
Rating posters might wind up having some or most given a level based on their non sports related POV.

True. I guess I was thinking there could be some kind of “verified insider” on certain folks (and that would be done by the mods not the masses)

A boy can dream. Just would be nice to be able to know who actually knows stuff vs the blowhards talking out of their ass

Last edited:
True. I guess I was thinking their could be some kind of “verified insider” on certain folks (and that would be done by the mods not the masses)

A boy can dream. Just would be nice to be able to know who actually knows stuff vs the blowhards talking out of their ass

I will never have "inside info" and 100% am just talking out my ass.

Note - I actually make informed posts though. For example, when I write "Clif is most likely undrafted" it's based on reading mock drafts from actual experts and insiders. Not just reactionary "Edey should be a Top 5 draft pick" randomness.

I will never have "inside info" and 100% am just talking out my ass.

Note - I actually make informed posts though. For example, when I write "Clif is most likely undrafted" it's based on reading mock drafts from actual experts and insiders. Not just reactionary "Edey should be a Top 5 draft pick" randomness.

People offering opinions is fine but when someone makes a post quoted below it implies that they know something. So if this guy has inside information (upon which this is based) I’d like to know, otherwise he’s talking out of his ass:

“Dylan would not be phased by Knight moving. Mother Loves Steve and father wants Duke because of the history of the program. Ace may be another story and I could see him staying in Georgia or playing for Tennesse.”

Last edited:
April Talk…

Fernandes didn’t verbal, Creighton involved, momentum appears away from RU…then he commits.

Hobbs moves on, maybe getting MacConnell…now chatter BM might not even be #1 option (Ollie talk?)

Hobbs might not be only coach leaving…
Knight negotiation talk, filled my coffee mug… Quinnipiac vacancy….creamer in my coffee… Quinnipiac filled?…Knight negotiation possibly still lingering…?

Ndongo…”Ready to sign as soon as signing period begins”, signing period begins, talk now that Ed Cooley swooping in dirty and shamelessly to try to tamper and steal him.

Bailey recruiting Harper….Baileys best friend also ”Ready to sign as soon as signing period begins” hasn’t signed.
What a whirlwind it’s been these past few days.
Bailey can't sign with Rutgers until the fall of this year.

I realize that, I was referring to the best friend Jamichael Davis being ready to sign but not yet signing.
Richie said in another thread that the plan was to announce Davis and Ndongo together but the current situation with Ndongo has throw a wrinkle into those plans.

Richie said in another thread that the plan was to announce Davis and Ndongo together but the current situation with Ndongo has throw a wrinkle into those plans.
My general point was things felt like they kept ping ponging and it was getting a bit crazy. Regardless of the reasons. Wild ride.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-

While I understand that some people like ru72 have real connections (and thus their insight has weight) but does this guy lawboy have any real information or is he just talking out of his ass?!?

There are a lot of people on here who make prognostications like this - they make it sound like they know something - but don’t know a single friggin thing.
Maybe this site needs Elon Musk's blue checkmark.

Doesn't include Davis or Paul?

Bet the house on the Hyatt minutes under and Griffiths minutes over

What's even more crazy about the Griffiths minutes is that this doesn't include Paul and it's still very low
It’s weird I checked UConn it has Solomon Ball playing a lot more than Stephen Castle
Nonsensical

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT