ADVERTISEMENT

At Barclays again watching Penn State and then the Syracuse nuts

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Granted it’s only the first half vs Ole Miss but Penn State is quite impressive.

They are athletic, can shoot, are big and play tenacious defense going after every loose ball

And Pat Chambers has a lot of Mike Rice in him. I am sitting right by penn state bench and he s a lunatic. Lol

They only go about 8 deep.

They are tough squad to match up against. Watkins, Stevens,Jones and Dredd etc.

Will be stunned if they don’t make dance.

If they play Syracuse on Friday will be heckuva game

By the way for those that know me, or don’t know me, I’m a college bb junkie and besides conference tourney time and March madness, feast week is my favorite week to check out teams and to see teams I normally cannot.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Scary they opened up that lead with Lamar Stevens doing nothing.
I read about Watkins mental issues and happy to see the kid doing great. He is understandably up and down but whe ln he is up they are tough as shit.

Mississippi all the way back in it
I should have waited to post after the game. Lol.

During a timeout in the second half, Barclays did something real stupid. They played joe lunardi on the scoreboard predicting penn state wins the pre season nit and makes the ncaa tourney. Was weird and all penn state players watched it glimpsing over.

Last edited:
Granted it’s only the first half vs Ole Miss but Penn State is quite impressive.

They are athletic, can shoot, are big and play tenacious defense going after every loose ball

And Pat Chambers has a lot of Mike Rice in him. I am sitting right by penn state bench and he s a lunatic. Lol

They only go about 8 deep.

They are tough squad to match up against. Watkins, Stevens,Jones and Dredd etc.

Will be stunned if they don’t make dance.

If they play Syracuse on Friday will be heckuva game

By the way for those that know me, or don’t know me, I’m a college bb junkie and besides conference tourney time and March madness, feast week is my favorite week to check out teams and to see teams I normally cannot.

Ha ha

Your Pen St Lions lost

PSU got outscored 43-20 in the second half to lose a 21 point lead. The other day at home they only beat Yale by one point but had to make a large comeback. They have a lot of pressure to make the NCAA this year. Their coach has been there for quite a while.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
PSU got outscored 43-20 in the second half to lose a 21 point lead. The other day at home they only beat Yale by one point but had to make a large comeback. They have a lot of pressure to make the NCAA this year. Their coach has been there for quite a while.

Big meltdown and bad loss. PSU has more talent than MIss.

Last edited:
Phil, don't get into any fights out there.
Lol. I sit quiet with the Syracuse thugs. Not as many here as I expected - maybe several thousand - but they’re still lunatics. Lol. Funny thing was they stand at beginning of each half until they score their first basket which took 6 minutes in the first half and man were they getting ornery. Lol. Nothing better than beer; Syracuse losing and their fans being foul mouthed as a result. I have a woman behind me yelling f bombs every tine Syracuse gets a foul called on them. Lol. This is not a good Syracuse team by their standards. And a kid we offered Joe Girard - looks eh - though he’s a freshman. And right on cue, he’s now lighting it up. Lol

How many games does BEP go to per year....60+
Not that many. All Rutgers games. Monmouth games. Tournaments during feast week locally. Used to go to Big East tourney when we were in Conference. . Now maybe just Atlantic 10 tourney semis and big east final on same day. Will try to get to Albany for ncaa s if games are intriguing. Also looking at jimmy v tourney in several weeks. Went to seton hall Michigan state game 1-2 weeks ago. Thank goodness my wife puts up with it but I always make it up to her. Lol.

If we become ncaa contender or are on bubble will also travel to big 10 tourney. I’m getting up there in age ( upper 50s) and might as well do these things when I can and my kids are all adults now so fortunately no babysitting anymore. Lol

Regardless of their loss, they still look like a team that will be a challenge for us to beat this year. Our soft OOC schedule really makes it difficult to figure out if we will be able to raise the intensity level of our game against better teams. Seton Hall and Oregon are really getting after it on ESPN 2.

Reactions: RUJMM78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT