ADVERTISEMENT

At What Point Were You Able to Relax that We Would Win the Game Today?

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
When we were up 15 with over 4 left I still wasn't comfortable (standard Rutgers brain damage), but I relaxed when we were up 18 with under 4 to go. When we were up more than 20 I was ecdamnstatic. You?

We were clearly the better team today from start to finish. After we held off a couple of their runs in the first half and then started building on the lead early in the second half, let's just say I felt very comfortable.

This is a great question and thread topic. As a Rutgers fan, the answer is never. But looking back, I would say that when we answered the crap Chucky flop and T with a 5-0 run, that was it. I felt like looking at the clock if we just could get a couple of more stops and a FG or FT conversion we would be good.

GIF by South Park

I liked the pretty pass and nice Cliff basket right before the half buzzer. R day!

When we were up 15 with over 4 left I still wasn't comfortable (standard Rutgers brain damage), but I relaxed when we were up 18 with under 4 to go. When we were up more than 20 I was ecdamnstatic. You?
When I texted you back last night…I knew we’d win. Big. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
About a min after the tech … Wisc with the ball with a chance to cut it to 7-8 … and 5 pts for RU to push the lead back to 15.
Yes, this was when RU put the stake into the ground. The only question (in my mind) was whether it was going to be a win by 2-3 possessions or a total blowout.

At the 12 minute TIMEOUT …. We were up by 12-13 I always feel the first 5-6 mins of the 2nd half is key to the game

I knew we would win this game before you guys woke up this morning. I knew we would win this game when I saw Coach Pike and Fernandes, last night, eating at Jersey Mike's and Fernandes was having a #5 with everything on it.

The Jersey Mike's #5:

The reference:

Reactions: Skull83
This game was a non stop celebration from the opening tip. At no point did it feel like we would lose this game. What were some of you watching? Lol
The same game…just still recovering from Minny PTSD.
Will be lingering for quite a bit longer I’m afraid.

About 9:00am after my first cup of coffee and realizing this JWillims guy is pretty damn special. John Belien said it all, “ he makes all his teammates better.”

About 9:00am after my first cup of coffee and realizing this JWillims guy is pretty damn special. John Belien said it all, “ he makes all his teammates better.”

I was pretty confident most of the game, but have to admit when Pike got T'd up, I had a real bad feeling. I thought that was a tide changer but they powered through it.

With about two minutes left in the game I told my father they could put me in and we'd still win, I guess I was pretty relaxed by then (crazy maybe, but relaxed) 🙂

About 10 seconds into the game
Same here, lol. I don't do the prediction threads, but I kept saying to my ticketmates (who could vouch for this if they see the thread) that we were going to beat WI handily. I don't know why, but was just feeling very positive since JWill started playing. I'm going to think we're going to win the rest, even though I know we won't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT