ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshear Denied Waiver

I don't know why anyone is wishing this kid ill. Anyone with a football future would have run from Ash- and sometimes you just need a fresh start.

I loved him when he was lighting it up for us on terrible teams and behind terrible lines- it's a damn shame he won't be doing that for us. But think about it- if he played last year, he would have one more year of eligibility left for a season that won't be happening for a while.

Ehh, he endured a hell of a lot playing for Ash. I wanted him to stay but I can't hold it against him for feeling cheated during Ash's time here and just wanting blow the whole situation up and start over.

We don't play VA Tech, so I actually hope he gets a chance to play.
I am not opposed to wishing anyone well. But to suggest that he felt cheated in the Ash era is a reach at best. If anyone was NOT cheated by Ash, it was Blackshear. ASH DESIGNED HIS OFFENSE AROUND BLACKSHEAR! What more could he want?

Plus the timeline of events refutes this thesis. If anything, it was Ash's firing that triggered Blackshear's action.

TEAM CAPTAIN,---- QUIT ON TEAM-----QUITSHEAR. Kind of think that is why you get the hate and ill will. Pacheco on the other hand gave 110%. Its kind of a character thing. Unfortunately the wrong man had a "C: on his Jersey which is supposed to mean something. To me a "C" on your jersey means you have to work harder than you would otherwise and lead the others to where they need to be. It is not standing on a sideline holding a helmet while your guys are battling their asses off.
Will not wish anyone I'll will as he did what was best for him and hope it works out for him but karma is a bitch

Reactions: Bill 86
Don't really care one way or another,though his leaving as captain doesn't look good.
Ash being the HC at the time makes the move more acceptable.
So I'll just wish him success academically and an injury free college career without wishing him success on the field .

I don't know why anyone is wishing this kid ill. Anyone with a football future would have run from Ash- and sometimes you just need a fresh start.

I loved him when he was lighting it up for us on terrible teams and behind terrible lines- it's a damn shame he won't be doing that for us. But think about it- if he played last year, he would have one more year of eligibility left for a season that won't be happening for a while.

Yeah, him playing at VA Tech doesn't hurt RU at all.

I won't lose sleep if he loses his appeal and has to sit a year. Quitting in pregame warmups and walking away after the season rather than play for us with Schiano at the reins? Well... bye.

I am not opposed to wishing anyone well. But to suggest that he felt cheated in the Ash era is a reach at best. If anyone was NOT cheated by Ash, it was Blackshear. ASH DESIGNED HIS OFFENSE AROUND BLACKSHEAR! What more could he want?

Plus the timeline of events refutes this thesis. If anything, it was Ash's firing that triggered Blackshear's action.

Yes and his coach was fired early season .
The real person to blame is hobbs for brining ash back for the season only to have to fire him early in the season . Blackshear or the players should never have been put on that position. Point the figure at Hobbs

I meant he likely felt cheated because the team around him was far less talented. Had he played somewhere else during the Ash years, he'd likely have had far better opportunities to show off his skill set on an actual P5 team with P5 level teammates to help him.

And yes, he quit after Ash was fired. I still think he felt Rutgers had wasted enough of his time and talent, and he needed a start over no matter what the hell happened with Rutgers. That's a totally normal, human response to the disaster that was the last several years of Rutgers football. I feel for him.

I think half this board was going to quit on Rutgers if Schiano wasn't hired.

I meant he likely felt cheated because the team around him was far less talented. Had he played somewhere else during the Ash years, he'd likely have had far better opportunities to show off his skill set on an actual P5 team with P5 level teammates to help him.

And yes, he quit after Ash was fired. I still think he felt Rutgers had wasted enough of his time and talent, and he needed a start over no matter what the hell happened with Rutgers. That's a totally normal, human response to the disaster that was the last several years of Rutgers football. I feel for him.

I think half this board was going to quit on Rutgers if Schiano wasn't hired.
He was a 2 star recruit, and IIRC with only 1 other P5 offer, which IIRC, came late in the recruiting cycle. Nice way to pay back the team that took a chance on you, to leave them, let alone as a captain, and during pre-game warmups.

He was a 2 star recruit, and IIRC with only 1 other P5 offer, which IIRC, came late in the recruiting cycle. Nice way to pay back the team that took a chance on you, to leave them, let alone as a captain, and during pre-game warmups.

Safe to say he outplayed his rating by a good margin. A lot of regional schools missed on evaluating him. He was a long time Temple commit before flipping to Michigan State a week before signing day and then as a last minute flip to RU.

Reactions: Knight Shift

He didn’t run from Ash ...he ran from Greg if I’m not mistaken... yes he would have had to work harder to win his teammates back but he nonetheless quit on Rutgers... he could been a great asset.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Was a good player for us that was stuck on a trash team with a trash staff. Happy he gets to start over. Hope for the best for him

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Was a good player for us that was stuck on a trash team with a trash staff. Happy he gets to start over. Hope for the best for him
We have to stop giving athletes passes for bailing out. Guy quit on his team. Let’s just say he left ... and don’t let the door hit you in the keister.

We have to stop giving athletes passes for bailing out. Guy quit on his team. Let’s just say he left ... and don’t let the door hit you in the keister.
Yep, none of the fans gave up, they all kept coming and giving it their all.

He didn’t run from Ash ...he ran from Greg if I’m not mistaken... yes he would have had to work harder to win his teammates back but he nonetheless quit on Rutgers... he could been a great asset.

Agree. He quit on Coach Nunz and Greg. That tells me that he had checked out for good w RU that gameday in warmups.

He had every right to leave.
But as a Captain of the team, he had a responsibility that comes with that leadership position to
stay and play utill the end of season, while encouraging his teamates to stay the course and play their best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT