ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Eligibility / Bowls

RU_87

Freshman
Aug 19, 2001
Wouldn't it be that the more B1G teams w only 6 wins the better possibility of RU getting something other than PStripe?

Hence, wanted Neb to beat Iowa. I guess I’ll root for Illinois and Minny to both win. If both win, then 5 teams w 6 wins and 1 with 7. Let’s be the team w 7 wins.

Record doesn’t matter. Bowls can choose whoever they want from who is left and will choose based on selling tickets and TV viewers. That’s why we wanted Nebraska to lose. We are probably lower in bowl appeal for all Big10 bowl eligible teams except for the Pinstripe.

Reactions: BornInNJ
Record doesn’t matter. Bowls can choose whoever they want from who is left and will choose based on selling tickets and TV viewers.
True but what’s the picking order. I thought PStripe was low on picking order. If so, I like our odds to be picked by other than PStripe given all that and being the team w 7 wins vs the 5 others w 6 wins. I think we’ll travel well. I also think our fans will spend more w hotels, restaurants and bars at all locations except Pinstripe… given most of fan base is local and no need to get hotels, etc.

After the playoff and New Year’s 6 bowls, Pinstripe picks 4th. Nebraska would have been chosen before us for one of those 3 which pick before Pinstripe. Iowa the 4th. We want Wisconsin and Northwestern to win, leaving Illinois and Minnesota out. If we beat Maryland we hope Wisconsin and us are off the board for Pinstripe to pick from NU and Maryland

Last edited:
Reactions: RCBeta79
After the playoff and New Year’s 6 bowls, Pinstripe picks 4th. Nebraska would have been chosen before us for one of those 3 which pick before Pinstripe. Iowa the 4th. We want Wisconsin and Northwestern to win, leaving Illinois and Minnesota out.
Thanks for clarifying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT