ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 3/11 - Creme updating daily now

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Cremes latest has us as a 6 seed facing Gonzaga in Corvallis OR. Geography must not be his best subject. How many times can the ship us across the country to play a lower seeded team near their home.

Winner would get Oregon St.

Also has taken away Princetons hosting even after they win another game. I would live to remain a 6 seed.

This post was edited on 3/8 8:16 AM by RUClassof67

This post was edited on 3/9 7:37 AM by RUClassof67

This post was edited on 3/11 3:21 PM by RUClassof67

Bracketology 3/7

Re: Bracketology 3/7

Just glancing through his bracket, he's got 60 of the 61 teams I figured would get into the tournament, leaving just one (can't recall which one at the moment) and has added LSU, Arkansas, Miami, and one other (maybe Okie State - I get muddled thinking about all of the muddling in the middle of the B12) that I didn't have in. Those teams all have 11 or more losses, I believe, though they are in P5 conferences. So with just 9 losses and wins over Minnesota, Nebraska, LSU, and Arkansas, I can't see how we are left out. Hopefully, Delany has some influence over the committee and will use it to our benefit, unlike the management of the BE which always seemed to find ways to screw RU.

Originally posted by RUClassof67:
Cremes latest has us as a 6 seed facing Gonzaga in Corvallis OR. Geography must not be his best subject. How many times can the ship us across the country to play a lower seeded team near their home.

Also has taken away Princetons hosting even after they win another game. I would live to remain a 6 seed.
He has RU as the lowest 6 seed - he notes that there's a "procedural" bump from a 7 to a 6, and so RU gets last choice of places to go. I don't know that I'd mind too much having the team in Corvallis, to be honest. It's pretty far from Gonzaga's home court.

Originally posted by BeKnighted:

Originally posted by RUClassof67:

He has RU as the lowest 6 seed - he notes that there's a "procedural" bump from a 7 to a 6, and so RU gets last choice of places to go. I don't know that I'd mind too much having the team in Corvallis, to be honest. It's pretty far from Gonzaga's home court.
It's also pretty far from New Brunswick!

This post was edited on 3/7 9:32 PM by RUClassof67

Re: Bracketology 3/8-Creme updating daily now

at this time of year Creme updates Bracketology almost daily.

His 3/8 version (following games of Saturday 3/7) is a little more travel friendly to RU.

He bumped us back to a 7 seed playing LSU in the first round. If we get by that game, we face the host school, #2 seed Florida State. Games in Tallahassee.

Watching Notre Dame-FSU now. If that's the bracket, I'll take it.

Watching Notre Dame-FSU now. If that's the bracket, I'll take it.
Actually caught it on my flight home from Chicago too. I agree. Did see a graphic with all the transfers on the FSU roster including former RU player Shakena Richardson.

And on Monday he has us in Waco TX facing LSU with a potential 2nd round matchup against Kim Mulkey and Baylor.

I want yesterday's bracket back.

One more thing: One of the lesser considerations in setting the bracket is that there shouldn't be rematches of regular season games in the first or second round. That would suggest that an RU-LSU first round game is less likely than other matchups (assuming more important bracket principles aren't violated by other placements).

I want yesterday's bracket back.
roll.r191677.gif

And today - the dreaded 8th seed in Columbia SC facing Florida Gulf Coast in a first round game with the winner getting So Carolina in the 2nd round.

Take it to the bank Stringer and Staley will be in the same bracket.

Also take a buck .50 and crèmes predictions and go get a cup of coffee.

I wish BAC weren't so good predicting games.

SHU's loss to De Paul in the Big East tourney final definitely opens the door for them to fall to that 9 seed given their lagging rpi. We can all hope that we end up in Staley's part of the bracket rather than UConn or Notre Dame

Originally posted by bac2therac:
SHU's loss to De Paul in the Big East tourney final definitely opens the door for them to fall to that 9 seed given their lagging rpi. We can all hope that we end up in Staley's part of the bracket rather than UConn or Notre Dame
I actually think SHU could be a bubble team - their only RPI top 50 wins are over DePaul (in fact, their only RPI top 50 games were against DePaul), and they have a horrific loss to RPI 245 Marquette. (For those who think RU is a bubble team, by comparison RU has RPI top 50 wins over Nebraska, Arkansas and Minnesota, plus 3 more wins over RPI 51-75 teams, and no losses to any team with an RPI worse than 75.)

From a selfish point of view, I'll take the game in Columbia, I can drive there in 90 minutes. Not afraid of an RU/SC matchup.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
You, Sir, are a wise man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT