ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Brandin Knight signs contract extension with Rutgers Basketball

Wait you’ve spent almost 2 years telling us how Pikiell doesn’t run an offense which is why we can’t attract top recruits or why kids were transferring…..now it seems like you’re finally coming around and acknowledging he actually does run an offense?!?!

Our offense is very similar to a lot of top schools and also very friendly to kids who want freedom with the ball in their hands.

Glad you’ve finally seen the light and come around :)

Now if you want to discuss recruiting that’s a whole nother conversation. But glad we can all finally agree Pike runs an offense.
LOL this is why I put "offense" into quotes usually when I talk about our "offense". Our "offense" is the offense of a middle school rec team. motion, occasional horns set and hbs. That's not an offense. And I've said this consistently for 2 years cupcake :)

You're kidding, right? Other than a few lap dogs, virtually everyone disagrees with you on virtually every topic. So in addition to your obvious narcissism, consistent negativity, and being an insufferable obnoxious blowhard, you're also completely delusional.
so let me clarify here. You think the majority of folks who know basketball on this board and outside this board think that our "offense" is fine and we shouldn't change it up? LOL.

I’d consider the #1 player to be the top player. No?

If you're only bar for recruiting success is getting the #1 player - I imagine you will be dissapointed much of the time. My point was that for most people getting the #5 player in state would be considered a top player and a recruiting success story.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Lol. So essentially you are admitting that you argue like a clown on this board. You're too stupid to understand the stupid things you say.

As for your lunch date proposal......thanks but sorry, I'm married with kids and dont swing that way.
haha you literally are saying I'm a clown for not jumping into a thread started by a well liked player to try to start an argument with him. You're a shallow man and a sissy

If you're only bar for recruiting success is getting the #1 player - I imagine you will be dissapointed much of the time. My point was that for most people getting the #5 player in state would be considered a top player and a recruiting success story.
no it wasn't youre so in outer space that you legitimately thought paul, ron and cliff were the best players in the state

haha you literally are saying I'm a clown for not jumping into a thread started by a well liked player to try to start an argument with him. You're a shallow man and a sissy

You seem to have a strong affinity for pet name nomenclature on this board like "cupcake" and "sissy"........very wierd......not that there's anything wrong with that.... but still very weird.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
That’s not my bar. Someone said we got the top player in NJ 3 out of the past 4 years and that was completely false. I simply said that it was false.

LOL this is why I put "offense" into quotes usually when I talk about our "offense". Our "offense" is the offense of a middle school rec team. motion, occasional horns set and hbs. That's not an offense. And I've said this consistently for 2 years cupcake :)
I don't think you know what a basketball offense is.

are you high? Seriously LOL. You think Paul and Ron were the best NJ players in their class?!?!

Class of 2018 NJ: Naz Reid, Lou King, JQ, Carey, Luther were all ranked ahead of ron and had more offers. I think Ron is gonna shake out as being somewhere between 3rd to 4th best tho.

Class of 2019: Scottie Lewis, khalil whitney, bryan antoine, khalif battle all ranked ahead of paul.
You miss the point. Naz Reid went to
cliff, Paul, and Ron weren’t the top players in NJ. I wish we got the top players in NJ those years.
Ignore the first half of the post with the dirty recruiting equal elite recruiting , that is fine if you want to bury your head in the sand.
Well it does appear that Cliff , Paul and Ron turned out to be the best player in the state and all your wishes would have amounted to beans. Who is doing so well from those classes ? Who would have fit ? Who would have come here without any cheating ? Naz Reid took money to go to LSU , I guess you were the last to know.

Does anyone know what Kansas’ NIL deals are worth? I read an article that they have a group that wants to commit 1.2M per year to players all based on donations from donors.

what do our guys have?

3 years does not change 30 years of history. The bar has been raised but people still remember rutgers as a shitty program with 3 good years. nothing changes that in the short term. Consistently getting to ncaas does.

Unless people like kyk are will to shell out for NIL deals we are right where we were prior to pikiell.

Reactions: RUBlackout

Our offense is not much different than many top and successful teams and it’s very friendly to players who want freedom.

Now you’re saying we don’t have an offense that aligns with our talent lol.

You’ve been proven wrong on this so glad to at least see you’re changing your take and shifting those goalposts :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
Our offense is not much different than many top and successful teams and it’s very friendly to players who want freedom.

You’ve been proven wrong on this so glad to at least see you’re changing your take and shifting those goalposts :)
>You’ve been proven wrong on this so glad to at least see you’re changing your take and shifting those goalposts <
When the narrative is shown to be wrong by looking at all the facts,
slightly change the narrative so it fits your agenda and make others come up with facts to prove that wrong.
When those facts are presented , change narrative again, forcing another fact check and keep it up until you can claim to be right, even if it's a far different narrative than originally presented .

>You’ve been proven wrong on this so glad to at least see you’re changing your take and shifting those goalposts <
slightly change the narrative so it fits your agenda and make others come up with facts to prove that wrong.
When those facts are presented , change narrative again, forcing another fact check and keep it up until you can claim to be right, even if it's a far different narrative than originally presented .

Definitely a pattern. Jacob Young thread is another perfect example haha.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
this. He's now the 3rd highest paid assistant in big ten HISTORY and top 10 nationally. This staff better start earning their keep.

and Rutgers probably top 3 power five turnaround the past 5 years…so certainly we’ll deserved

Reactions: shields
so let me clarify here. You think the majority of folks who know basketball on this board and outside this board think that our "offense" is fine and we shouldn't change it up? LOL.
The issue isn't whether the offense is "fine." The disagreement is with your assertion that no offense is being run at all.

You miss the point. Naz Reid went to

Ignore the first half of the post with the dirty recruiting equal elite recruiting , that is fine if you want to bury your head in the sand.
Well it does appear that Cliff , Paul and Ron turned out to be the best player in the state and all your wishes would have amounted to beans. Who is doing so well from those classes ? Who would have fit ? Who would have come here without any cheating ? Naz Reid took money to go to LSU , I guess you were the last to know.
You're shot bro lol. Naz Reid averages 8 PPG in the NBA as a 21 year old LOL. I can't do this site much longer. I get dumber every time I come here (insert: didn't know it was possible you could get dumb hehehe. You guys are too predictable).

Cliff wasn't even the best big in the NJ class his senior year. Go watch a Uconn game pop

Reactions: RUsojo and Gudenham

not sure where ive been proven wrong or even changed course. I've said for 2 years straight all we run as an "offense" is HBS, motion and occasionally horns. You guys are clueless lol. I really can't come here much longer lol, you guys are so bad

Reactions: RUsojo
where has my narrative changed? explain

The issue isn't whether the offense is "fine." The disagreement is with your assertion that no offense is being run at all.
I don't consider high ball screen, motion and horns an offense. You can run that middle school stuff if you have a roster of 5*'s, you cannot when you have a roster of leftovers. I want you guys to befriend even high school coaches and ask them what they think about what pike runs in the half court. They'll laugh before answering

where has my narrative changed? explain

(you said)SHU built an entire program and won 2 big east championships the past like 5 years or so through hiring a shark and paying recruits. Tiny Morton and Isaiah Whitehead and crew

you said>Seton Hall was the epitome of mediocre under willard. He had such a low ceiling because he wasn't a great coach. Unfortunately I view willard and pike in the same light

( speaking of Willard , you said:) I don't think he did the impossible, although SHU was certainly a tall task and a harder job than RU imo. However, what he did was smart and he hired a guy who would bring him recruits. It was borderline dirty of course but he played the game and got rewarded

then when asked about the RU offense you constantly knock "The issue isn't whether the offense is "fine." The disagreement is with your assertion that no offense is being run at all.< the BS answer you cave trying to prove your point but saying nothing but diverting the question ( you replied >I don't consider high ball screen, motion and horns an offense. You can run that middle school stuff if you have a roster of 5*'s, you cannot when you have a roster of leftovers. I want you guys to befriend even high school coaches and ask them what they think about what pike runs in the half court. They'll laugh before answering< that was weak by trying to move the goalpost from the offense being run question to what you say people are thinking boo hiss on that

. He's now the 3rd highest paid assistant in big ten HISTORY and top 10 nationally. This staff better start earning their keep.
( in reply to a reply asking about providing the facts about what you claimed about salary ranking Not sure if Knight's salary ranking is accurate at this point since you seem to be loose with the facts in this thread < your reply>: “That is the salary ranking I've been told by someone who knows alot better than either you or more.”)

Seems like you say one thing, imply something but can't back it up even trying to change the discussion into something you can more easily defend from the originator stance.

(you said)SHU built an entire program and won 2 big east championships the past like 5 years or so through hiring a shark and paying recruits. Tiny Morton and Isaiah Whitehead and crew correct. It was 6 years though, not 5

you said>Seton Hall was the epitome of mediocre under willard. He had such a low ceiling because he wasn't a great coach. Unfortunately I view willard and pike in the same light correct again

( speaking of Willard , you said:) I don't think he did the impossible, although SHU was certainly a tall task and a harder job than RU imo. However, what he did was smart and he hired a guy who would bring him recruits. It was borderline dirty of course but he played the game and got rewarded correct

then when asked about the RU offense you constantly knock "The issue isn't whether the offense is "fine." The disagreement is with your assertion that no offense is being run at all.< the BS answer you cave trying to prove your point but saying nothing but diverting the question ( you replied >I don't consider high ball screen, motion and horns an offense. You can run that middle school stuff if you have a roster of 5*'s, you cannot when you have a roster of leftovers. I want you guys to befriend even high school coaches and ask them what they think about what pike runs in the half court. They'll laugh before answering< that was weak by trying to move the goalpost from the offense being run question to what you say people are thinking boo hiss on that haha i'm sorry but running a high ball screen isn't an offense. If you consider that an offense then therefore kindergarten bball camps run an offense

. He's now the 3rd highest paid assistant in big ten HISTORY and top 10 nationally. This staff better start earning their keep.
( in reply to a reply asking about providing the facts about what you claimed about salary ranking Not sure if Knight's salary ranking is accurate at this point since you seem to be loose with the facts in this thread < your reply>: “That is the salary ranking I've been told by someone who knows alot better than either you or more.”) correct again LOL

Seems like you say one thing, imply something but can't back it up even trying to change the discussion into something you can more easily defend from the originator stance.
haha bolded my answers above. Everything you said that ive said is correct LOL. You just failed miserably

not sure where ive been proven wrong or even changed course. I've said for 2 years straight all we run as an "offense" is HBS, motion and occasionally horns. You guys are clueless lol. I really can't come here much longer lol, you guys are so bad

You’ve also argued non stop that top talent doesn’t want to play here because we don’t run an offense.

When in this very thread you admitted our offense isn’t that different than many of the top teams - so we actually do run an offense haha.

But now changing course and saying that our offense doesn’t fit our talent and it’s only a good offense if we have a team of 5 stars. Which completely contradicts what you’ve stuffed down our throats for 2 years about why kids don’t want to come here (because you said we don’t run an offense!)

If you can’t see how you’ve changed your argument or weren’t wrong in that disastrous Jacob Young thread you started in the beginning of the season I don’t know what to tell you - you’re living in a frigin bizarre fantasy land dude.

You’ve also argued non stop that top talent doesn’t want to play here because we don’t run an offense.

When in this very thread you admitted our offense isn’t that different than many of the top teams - so we actually do run an offense haha.

But now changing course and saying that our offense doesn’t fit our talent and it’s only a good offense if we have a team of 5 stars. Which completely contradicts what you’ve stuffed down our throats for 2 years about why kids don’t want to come here (because you said we don’t run an offense!)

If you can’t see how you’ve changed your argument or weren’t wrong in that disastrous Jacob Young thread you started in the beginning of the season I don’t know what to tell you - you’re living in a frigin bizarre fantasy land dude.
haha you're not good at this. You realize when you have the ball you're on offense and when you don't, you're on defense, right? So naturally every team will have an "offense". Our "Offense" (now this means stevie when we have the ball, that round orange thing) isn't a competent offense. Again, as I've said now probably 10x alone in this thread, you can get away with playing what equates to pick up basketball when you have 5*'s out your ears, you cannot when your coach is left with a bin of leftovers.

I really don't know what to tell you, you simply can't chew gum and walk if you watch us and say to yourself that for what our program has that what we do on offense is anything more than unacceptable. If setting a screen for the man with the ball at the top of the key is running an offense then kindergartners run offenses. You won't find a single team in america that doesn't set high ball screens or run a horns set, that goes all the way down to elementary school. You have to do more than that. I don't get whats so hard for you to comprehend here. I kinda feel bad

separately, we actually did run what looked like a more division offense in spurts during that 4 game win streak where there was off-ball action. But Stevie as I've said and always will, there's 6 years of game tape now, if we run anything that resembles a competent offense you'd surely be able to post video proof right? I mean we're talking over 100 hours of game film. Why won't anyone post a game tape where we run this offense you're speaking of? Your argument seems to be, "WE SET A BALL SCREEN DUMMY, THAT'S AN OFFENSE!!". And if you have to move the goalposts that far to claim we run an offense then naturally by your definition not running an offense would be 4 guys sitting in a corner eating popcorn watching someone play one on one (which frankly we actually do alot haha)

haha bolded my answers above. Everything you said that ive said is correct LOL. You just failed miserably
none so blind that refuses to see how they tried to claim something, revised the original statement or couldn't back it up and then claim the person who proved you wrong ( even though you asked for the proof provided) didn't prove a thing.
I didn't expect you to admit moving goalposts to make what you said original look not as bad when the facts come out, but have to laugh on how you claim proven right when refusing to post the facts that would help your cause.
Heard it from a friend is words in a song, not facts backing up what you said nor changing tune over Willard makes your POV right.
Have a good laugh over yourself, people who see your reply, to me, know you couldn't prove me wrong .
Now that I proved my point, rant , rave and misinform all you want about that, you are just making a fool of yourself and not worth the bother of wasting my time replying to your foolishness .
Bye now , it hasn't been fun trying to make you accountable for what you post.

Reactions: ancienthooper
haha you're not good at this. You realize when you have the ball you're on offense and when you don't, you're on defense, right? So naturally every team will have an "offense". Our "Offense" (now this means stevie when we have the ball, that round orange thing) isn't a competent offense. Again, as I've said now probably 10x alone in this thread, you can get away with playing what equates to pick up basketball when you have 5*'s out your ears, you cannot when your coach is left with a bin of leftovers.

I really don't know what to tell you, you simply can't chew gum and walk if you watch us and say to yourself that for what our program has that what we do on offense is anything more than unacceptable. If setting a screen for the man with the ball at the top of the key is running an offense then kindergartners run offenses. You won't find a single team in america that doesn't set high ball screens or run a horns set, that goes all the way down to elementary school. You have to do more than that. I don't get whats so hard for you to comprehend here. I kinda feel bad

Wtf are you even talking about?

This board will be a lot better without you - major troll who gets yourself into a lot of Cobb webs with all your bs haha.

Reactions: ancienthooper

Kyk still moving goal posts in response to this.

His argument is now essentially "elite teams can get away with it and be better at offense than us", which is fine... and true.

It's still obviously and clearly a different argument to say "teams with elite players can run the same offense as us and be more effective" vs "no elite players will come here bc we don't run an offense" while admitting we run very similar offenses. The latter being what he has said repeatedly

Kyk still moving goal posts in response to this.

His argument is now essentially "elite teams can get away with it and be better at offense than us", which is fine... and true.

It's still obviously and clearly a different argument to say "teams with elite players can run the same offense as us and be more effective" vs "no elite players will come here bc we don't run an offense" while admitting we run very similar offenses. The latter being what he has said repeatedly
Here is the point Kyk is making: Rutgers runs the same offense (or lack thereof) as teams that have elite talent. The difference is, those programs land elite prospects so they can get away with it. Rutgers obviously does not land elite prospects. You make up for that talent deficiency by being Purdue/Iowa and running really good offensive sets or playing at a crazy fast pace. Rutgers does not make up for it in either way, they just run the same basic offensive actions as the elite teams with NBA talent. The results speak for themselves.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Here is the point Kyk is making: Rutgers runs the same offense (or lack thereof) as teams that have elite talent. The difference is, those programs land elite prospects so they can get away with it. Rutgers obviously does not land elite prospects. You make up for that talent deficiency by being Purdue/Iowa and running really good offensive sets or playing at a crazy fast pace. Rutgers does not make up for it in either way, they just run the same basic offensive actions as the elite teams with NBA talent. The results speak for themselves.
Different topic than top recruits won't come here bc of the offense we run when they go to places that run the same offense. Most teams run high ball screens. You see it every game all over the place so pretending players won't come here bc we run it just isn't true

Different topic than top recruits won't come here bc of the offense we run when they go to places that run the same offense. Most teams run high ball screens. You see it every game all over the place so pretending players won't come here bc we run it just isn't true
The point is players won't come here in general. I don't think they would come here if Rutgers ran the greatest offense in college basketball either. So because players won't come here, Rutgers will be at a talent disadvantage in most games. You make up for that with a great offensive system. Rutgers does not have a great offensive system. That is the point.

The point is players won't come here in general. I don't think they would come here if Rutgers ran the greatest offense in college basketball either. So because players won't come here, Rutgers will be at a talent disadvantage in most games. You make up for that with a great offensive system. Rutgers does not have a great offensive system. That is the point.
Now talented players won't come here no matter what lol. That is yet another different point

Reactions: S_Janowski
If all that is true, please tell me how Rutgers basketball finished in 4th place after a 20 game league schedule?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT