ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Shea

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
at least we didn't have this friggen drama play day after day. :bomb:

Shea wasn't the answer but like Graber, he was screwed by the lack of infrastructure and support from the AD. Jack Bloom and Kevin Sinclair were studs that Shea got here but they never had the academic support current players have.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Yeah, weren't those years great???? Somehow, being the laughing stock of college football seems pale in comparison to what we are now experiencing.

Reactions: MoobyCow
Shea could not recruit. He was not arrogant. Flood is arrogant, and cannot make prudent decisions (his choice of Laviano is a joke. The ESPN announcers were CONTINUOUSLY discussing the weak arm of laviano and the inability of receivers to receive the ball QUICKLY and therefore their INABILITY to be effective AFTER the catch). It is not just the fans that see this...those in the football profession see this.I have been watching Rutgers football since the 60s...and Kyle Flood is the stupidest football coach we have EVER had (in terms of his lack of football knowledge).

Back in the Shea days I had real difficulty trying to convince the guys I brought to the game to actually go into the stadium and watch the game. They were having so much fun tailgating they didn't see the point to trekking over to the stadium to watch another sorryass performance from an overmatched RU team. Honestly there were times I failed....and we just kept partying and never made it to the actual game.
Ah...the glorious Shea era.

Back in the Shea days I had real difficulty trying to convince the guys I brought to the game to actually go into the stadium and watch the game. They were having so much fun tailgating they didn't see the point to trekking over to the stadium to watch another sorryass performance from an overmatched RU team. Honestly there were times I failed....and we just kept partying and never made it to the actual game.
Ah...the glorious Shea era.

We may be heading back to those days if this stuff continues.

We may be heading back to those days if this stuff continues.

Ya know, I never thought I'd say this but I'd be O.K. with going back to those days if this criminal crap continues. I want a team I can root for....not a team of B&E thugs, or guys who beat up women,or surround guys and break one's jaw.
If we can't do it the right way.....I don't think I wanna do it.
I only wanna read about my team on the sports page.....not the police blotter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT